Yes... LOL ... if others wanted it to die then it would have by now...
    Wrong. Only if everyone wanted it to die would it die. If one or two people want it to continue, it will.
    09-26-11 08:55 PM
    Kill it off and let people read it instead of re-starting it with the same stupid remarks over and over.

Nov 20
    Nov 20
    Nov 20
    Nov 20
    Nov 20

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 09:14 PM
    Kill it off and let people read it instead of re-starting it with the same stupid remarks over and over.

Nov 20
    Nov 20
    Nov 20
    Nov 20
    Nov 20

I'd personally rather see one long thread like this than a dozen smaller ones.
    09-26-11 10:12 PM
    i vote for lock since obviously the only thing that is coming out of this thread is people pissing off CX and PG lol. im surprised he hasnt locked it yet.
    09-26-11 10:40 PM
    Lock it. It has served its purpose,whatever that was.
    09-26-11 10:48 PM
    i vote for lock since obviously the only thing that is coming out of this thread is people pissing off CX and PG lol. im surprised he hasnt locked it yet.
    You may want to reread the thread then, I think there has been some spirited discussion between them and others but I don't think anyone us really taking it personally and honestly it is good to get your frustrations out.

Besides, lobbying AT&T to get this device out ASAP (or at least give a date) has been a focus for Crackberry lately (i.e. Kevin's petition and Adam's "protest").
    09-26-11 10:56 PM
    Edited to keep it on track
    Last edited by psiclne; 09-26-11 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Mods can see whats been edited -
    09-26-11 11:11 PM
    i find this thread waay to entertaining to lock, this debate over "who's right who's wrong" is just to funny.. no matter how many times we post, this Phone will not be released to whenever att want it to be release
    YourMobileGuru and austriker like this.
    09-27-11 12:30 AM
    If locked then there will be more small threads about this. This thread is for us ATT users to comment on ATT holdin the 9900 hostage.

YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-27-11 12:35 AM
    If locked then there will be more small threads about this. This thread is for us ATT users to comment on ATT holdin the 9900 hostage.

and sympathetic former AT&T users
    09-27-11 12:44 AM
    and what are these hw & sw issues? I get the whole service thing east coast vs west coast. makes sense. but AT&T better believe that if they bust another fiasco like the bridge app many of us are leaving!!!!!!! what are they trying to find a way so that we waste more data and charge us more? a way to remove our grandfathered plans??? or a way to convince to buy the ugly looking iphone?? and no this is nothing against cx and pg... info will always be appreciate it. its more of a damm frustration with AT&T. ny the time they take the 9900 we will be looking into the QNX phones.....
    09-27-11 12:54 AM
    Yes there have been varying opinions of whats going on, but luckily everyone that has posted(that I can remember) has been mature & civil so while there might not be much to talk because it's already been covered, there's no need to lock it. It's great that people can speak their mind and have differing opinions & it not turn into a flame/bashing war.

I understand that people are annoyed(being nice ) with AT&T regarding the 9900. But there are reasons whether people want to believe them or not.
    09-27-11 06:41 AM
    CX, just tell us that the hardware (radio stack) modification is due to AT&T wanting to roll this baby out 4G LTE, and everyone will stop complaining!!
    09-27-11 06:50 AM
    I'd personally rather see one long thread like this than a dozen smaller ones.
    This is true.

09-27-11 08:47 AM
    I think this thread is great, dont lock. I check up often to see if CX gives us any updates... It seems att has some issues with this device, sooo im still waiting for it.

09-27-11 09:14 AM
    And... Plus this thread is always good for a laugh or two

But kidding aside.. att stop being lame, and everyone else get a rogers 9900. I love mine. And no issues (besides no easy setup for VVM)
    09-27-11 01:07 PM
    And... Plus this thread is always good for a laugh or two

But kidding aside.. att stop being lame, and everyone else get a rogers 9900. I love mine. And no issues (besides no easy setup for VVM)
    Were you able to get VVM working after some farting around with it?
    09-27-11 01:13 PM
    People tend to get their panties in a wad........

After the Iphone release the 9900 will be announced.
    09-27-11 02:42 PM
    ^nope the 9860 is next on the menu after the new iphone(s).if you want a date,then its november 6 for the 9860 according to the most questionable roadmap.but im thinking the hardware issue on the bold has to do with its nfc.at&t is probably going to disable it or its not working correctly on the at&t network.i don't see anything else for hardware that would take this long for at&t to launch.but 9860 isn't nfc equipped so i could be wrong who knows.just have to wait and find out.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    09-27-11 05:20 PM
    ^nope the 9860 is next on the menu after the new iphone(s).if you want a date,then its november 6 for the 9860 according to the most questionable roadmap.but im thinking the hardware issue on the bold has to do with its nfc.at&t is probably going to disable it or its not working correctly on the at&t network.i don't see anything else for hardware that would take this long for at&t to launch.but 9860 isn't nfc equipped so i could be wrong who knows.just have to wait and find out.
    True that....time will tell.

Space bar key......space bar key.....
    09-27-11 05:47 PM
    Yes, knowing AT&T, they are probably trying to figure out a way to charge for NFC. Just like how bridge was delayed so they could figure out a way to make users pay extra.
    09-27-11 06:11 PM
    Were you able to get VVM working after some farting around with it?
    nah I didnt.. granted all the 'farting around' I did was download the OTA link and see if that works (it didnt) .. I did some searching and it seems a few other users had problems consistently getting it working.. It makes sense to me that we have to wait until att has this device recognized on their network and then vvm should work.. until then, ill keep trolling this thread
    09-27-11 06:15 PM
    3rd hardware change? For some reason, this screams NFC charges to me, especially coming from at&t.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    09-27-11 06:36 PM
    nah I didnt.. granted all the 'farting around' I did was download the OTA link and see if that works (it didnt) .. I did some searching and it seems a few other users had problems consistently getting it working.. It makes sense to me that we have to wait until att has this device recognized on their network and then vvm should work.. until then, ill keep trolling this thread
    I never did get the VVM working on my 9780.....there were some tweaks and such posted, but nothing worked. The VM option worked, so that was good enough.
    09-27-11 07:11 PM
    What's so special about AT&T version of the 9900 that's causing all of this commotion? Thanks
    09-27-11 07:55 PM
1,957 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD