What does one have to do with the other? It goes to the credibility of the roadmap. The point is that roadmap has been both right and wrong. Yep it got the 9810 right. But it got others wrong. So what you're saying is the roadmap is only correct for AT&T. Forget the other carriers it's been wrong about. It doesn't matter at all that it's been right on some and dead wrong on others. Because it was right on one means it's right on the others. If so you are what I believe you to be.
    Your wrong, it goes to the credibility of the information input by each carrier separately. Atypical Verizon spewed a bunch of crap for launch dates and AT&T didn't. Your misleading everyone by trying to have them think there is any connection whatsoever between the two carriers and their respective launch date predictions.

I appreciate that, but there's not much to talk about if you feel as you say above that the 9900 is immune to problems. People act as if all 9900's are working great, no problems whatsoever. That's simply not the case. Just like most people have changed their firmware. Why? Bugs.
    Yes there are many out there that don't have any issues. And some out there that ignore them because they haven't had a new BlackBerry in over a year. And there have been many that have returned their 9900.
    I understand that a handful of 9900's in specific parts of the US work fine. But AT&T's network covers the entire country obviously and in many places it doesn't work well. Lots of this is due to the complexity of the AT&T network, lots of it has to do with the software.
    Again, the 9900 you buy from AT&T when it releases will have a different HW revision number than the one purchased from Rogers or Voda UK.
    So its HW or software? If AT&T's network is so big that a device will work in one area and not another does that mean the AT&T branded units will be different depending on what part of the country your in? People always play around with the firmware because the carriers always seem to wanna screw it up in spite of how long it took to launch.

I will stick with "disabling features for profit" and "marketing strategy" until I hear something that resembles honesty and common sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 03:21 PM
    Ever think that he CAN'T state the issues? It probably proprietary and that type of information can't be released outside of AT&T other than in sharing it w/ RIM.
    I will do it for him:

"I, CX, being of sound mind and body, claim that I am bound by contract to never discuss my work with AT&T outside of AT&T employees".

Last edited by olblueyez; 09-26-11 at 03:30 PM.
    09-26-11 03:26 PM
    Haha everyone. My Verizon 9930 I've had for a month out of the box is perfect. I've done no updates. There's nothing wrong hw or sw that i can tell. Unless the "New" at&t 9900 can wash the dishes or cook dinner, there's nothing to fix.
    09-26-11 03:44 PM
    So far I've appreciated your input and insider knowledge but this is getting ridiculous. Once again you don't state the specific hardware issues that are holding up the device launch. I'm starting to think you're just making excuses.
    You will see for yourself when AT&T releases the 9900. It will clearly have a different hardware revision number from all others. Sorry you feel that way.

Your wrong, it goes to the credibility of the information input by each carrier separately. Atypical Verizon spewed a bunch of crap for launch dates and AT&T didn't. Your misleading everyone by trying to have them think there is any connection whatsoever between the two carriers and their respective launch date predictions.

So its HW or software? If AT&T's network is so big that a device will work in one area and not another does that mean the AT&T branded units will be different depending on what part of the country your in? People always play around with the firmware because the carriers always seem to wanna screw it up in spite of how long it took to launch.

I will stick with "disabling features for profit" and "marketing strategy" until I hear something that resembles honesty and common sense.

The roadmap got both Verizon & Sprint release dates wrong. And it got some right. Who's to say that while they got one AT&T date right, they're not wrong about the other dates the same way they did with other carriers..

It's both hardware & software. You can't surely sit here and tell me the software the 9900 & 9930 released with didn't have bugs. And they still do as a matter of fact.
    As for working well in some areas and not others is absolutely true and your comment above is only indicative of your lack of knowledge on the subject.
    AT&T isn't Rogers or Verizon or Sprint. AT&T has had many mergers and honestly the network is in a sense, pieced together. Lots of times, and not just with BlackBerry's, testers on the East Coast typically have issues that those on the West Coast don't have and vice versa. This is obviously dealing with the radio stack and network reception, I'm not meaning software here.

The fact is that CrackBerry represents a very small minority of BlackBerry users. Just look at the issues from reboot loops, dead/white screens, bug in camera, antenna issue/droping coverage, browser crashes, memory leaks, etc etc. Now I will totally agree that there are more positive threads than not about the 9900 here at CB, but in the big picture if all these issues exist here at CB and CB makes up less than 5% of all BlackBerry users it's quite easy to see that these problems are more prevalent than many here want to believe.

I won't even get into the manufacturing issues in Mexico that haven't been reported in the media yet and only those familiar with the situation(RIM/Carrier Partners) are aware of. And people wonder why they're out of stock. Good day sir.
    09-26-11 03:52 PM
    You will see for yourself when AT&T releases the 9900. It will clearly have a different hardware revision number from all others. Sorry you feel that way.

The roadmap got both Verizon & Sprint release dates wrong. And it got some right. Who's to say that while they got one AT&T date right, they're not wrong about the other dates the same way they did with other carriers..

It's both hardware & software. You can't surely sit here and tell me the software the 9900 & 9930 released with didn't have bugs. And they still do as a matter of fact.
    As for working well in some areas and not others is absolutely true and your comment above is only indicative of your lack of knowledge on the subject.
    AT&T isn't Rogers or Verizon or Sprint. AT&T has had many mergers and honestly the network is in a sense, pieced together. Lots of times, and not just with BlackBerry's, testers on the East Coast typically have issues that those on the West Coast don't have and vice versa. This is obviously dealing with the radio stack and network reception, I'm not meaning software here.

The fact is that CrackBerry represents a very small minority of BlackBerry users. Just look at the issues from reboot loops, dead/white screens, bug in camera, antenna issue/droping coverage, browser crashes, memory leaks, etc etc. Now I will totally agree that there are more positive threads than not about the 9900 here at CB, but in the big picture if all these issues exist here at CB and CB makes up less than 5% of all BlackBerry users it's quite easy to see that these problems are more prevalent than many here want to believe.

I won't even get into the manufacturing issues in Mexico that haven't been reported in the media yet and only those familiar with the situation(RIM/Carrier Partners) are aware of. And people wonder why they're out of stock. Good day sir.
    I hope you guys don't mind me chipping in my 2 cents on this, but I can understand what CX means about the testing. Down here in florida, Comcast just switched to Xfinity. I've had my DVR box replaced 4x already and today they just switched me back to the OLD scientific atlanta that they actually don't sell anymore. My good friend is a regional manager and he told me that Broward Xfinity is actually separate from Palm Beach and it's on a different network with absolutely no issues. The Palm Beach network has been up and down since the switch and they still have no expectation to when it will be fully reliable. Taking this into consideration, I can imagine what testing is required to get the 9900 to work without issues on the "nations largest wireless network" or whatever their motto is.

On the other hand, my friend who has a 9810 has had numerous issues with his and he just reloaded the OS again today....
    09-26-11 04:07 PM
    I hope that CX mentioning that AT&T's network is pieced together is an easy concept for people to understand. There are, so may factors that go into the testing process and making sure a device is adequately suitable for a nationwide network. As he said, east coat vs. west coast testers can and will experience different issues.

From reading the forums and posts from PG and CX, I have started to fear discouragement of their input. PG and CX, hope you guys don't get too frustrated at what the forums have become. So many people here have gotten so into all the bashing, and forming strong opinions when lacking an adequate knowledge on the subjects. Remember, some of us really do appreciate your input and insight.

I'm still at a loss as the WHY on earth so many people take some "leaked document" as pure gospel...People will believe what they want to believe.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-26-11 04:54 PM
    I got tired of waiting for the 9900 so to save myself from the frustration. i went to at&t store today and get myself a torch 9810. since im eligible for upgrade, i only paid $43.54 after taxes. Im still left w/ options. I can return the phone within 30 days w/ just $35 restocking fee. Im planning on exchanging it for either the iphone 5 or the 9900 (if at&t release it on october). If at&t drops it on november. i'll just get the iphone 5 and use my other line for the 9900. Overall, i think in good position while i wait for the 9900.
    09-26-11 05:04 PM
    Not here to argue who is right and who is wrong but so far everything that has been said about the delays have been highly anecdotal. Obviously I am just speculating here among other people but until there is evidence or reports coming out officially saying there is problems on the device despite it being released worldwide and on every major US carrier but ATT, I am inclined to believe that there is more to whats going than whats being said.

Also isn't testers talking about unreleased devices on public forums considered breaking NDA? Thats why I am even more inclined to believe that we don't really know whats going on despite reputable people on the forum may say. 2cents
    09-26-11 05:05 PM
    That doesn't tell me anything I didn't know before reading your post. Saying it will have a different hardware revision at launch isn't nearly as informative as filling us in on what the problems are. Does it drop calls, randomly restart, overheat under certain circumstances, explode in people's pockets, produce more radiation than it's supposed to, come on give us something. Geez.
    09-26-11 06:14 PM
    Ever think that he CAN'T state the issues? It probably proprietary and that type of information can't be released outside of AT&T other than in sharing it w/ RIM.
    It would be nice if he would just say that's what's causing him to beat around the bush so much.
    09-26-11 06:15 PM
    I got tired of waiting for the 9900 so to save myself from the frustration. i went to at&t store today and get myself a torch 9810. since im eligible for upgrade, i only paid $43.54 after taxes. Im still left w/ options. I can return the phone within 30 days w/ just $35 restocking fee. Im planning on exchanging it for either the iphone 5 or the 9900 (if at&t release it on october). If at&t drops it on november. i'll just get the iphone 5 and use my other line for the 9900. Overall, i think in good position while i wait for the 9900.
    haha, i literally did the same thing on friday.
    09-26-11 06:43 PM
    If the testers are bound by contract not ot speak of the testing process then saying "it is delayed because of HW/SW issues" would also be forbidden to mention on a public forum.

So how about this:

AT&T was better at deciding how long it would take for them to get the 9900 ready for release. And PG & CX are not allowed to mention specifics as to why the release will take so long. The reasons why don't really matter since PG & CX are not the people responsible for the release dates, AT&T decides that.

Personally I think that is the best outlook a person following this thread can come away with.

Crucial_Xtreme likes this.
    09-26-11 06:46 PM

I appreciate your insight and I thank you for telling us this much. Sure, the lack of details creates FUD, but I guess it's better than being completely in the dark.
    09-26-11 06:58 PM
    November 20th date pushed back? When has AT&T officially announced this date for the release? They haven't. This is what people get bent out of shape about......
    No it hasn't, but it is the date in that leaked roadmap and the roadmap was correct for the 9810 so it is relatively safe to assume that at least at one point that was AT&T's internal target date. Weather it still is is anyone's guess but CX posted earlier in the thread that it was pushed back again (from whatever internal date was current) due to issues in testing. From this I gather that it will be even later than that.
    09-26-11 07:41 PM
    If a person reads the thread, Nov 20 has not been pushed back and the roadmap is still the most legitimate piece of information we have to go on since it was dead accurate concerning the 9810 release. Its November 20 unless we hear something from AT&T people. Everything else is misguided speculation.

And CX, a well established and reliable insider just posted earlier in the thread that it has been delayed. I agree with you that the Nov 20 was probably their target date but it seems that it probably wont come out then. I hope I am wrong...
    09-26-11 07:49 PM
    Haha everyone. My Verizon 9930 I've had for a month out of the box is perfect. I've done no updates. There's nothing wrong hw or sw that i can tell. Unless the "New" at&t 9900 can wash the dishes or cook dinner, there's nothing to fix.
    The radios and radio code (baseband) in the 9900 and 9930 are almost completely different for example we get CDMA bands and they don't and we get GSM/GRPS bands but not the ones uese by AT&T and Rogers for 3G. The only code ones we have in common are EDGE and some international GSM ones and for all any of us know those are a little different too.
    09-26-11 08:00 PM
    The leaked road map with 11/20 was a wireless giant roadmap.
    09-26-11 08:06 PM
    The leaked road map with 11/20 was a wireless giant roadmap.
    Yes, with information that was presumably accurate to what the carriers plans were at the time. Plans change but the fact that the AT&T Torch date was right seems to lend at least some credibility to the source of the dates for AT&T. Other dates were wrong either because the carrier changed them or the source of the document just picked the dates out of their had to flesh out the doc. No one knows except the author of the doc.
    09-26-11 08:10 PM
    I hope at&t will release 9900 with AF camera and this causes delay and this CX means stating it will have different HW
    09-26-11 08:17 PM
    I hope at&t will release 9900 with AF camera and this causes delay and this CX means stating it will have different HW
    Most likely the HW upgrade is to block NFC or make it an additional charge to use it. Guess AT&T learned from the BB Bridge fiasco.... This is just my opinion.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-26-11 08:34 PM
    And CX, a well established and reliable insider just posted earlier in the thread that it has been delayed. I agree with you that the Nov 20 was probably their target date but it seems that it probably wont come out then. I hope I am wrong...
    Right out of thin air,,...

09-26-11 08:35 PM
    am i the only one that kinda wants to see this thread die??
    09-26-11 08:50 PM
    Nope, there's at least two of us.
    09-26-11 08:51 PM
    Nan that would be the 9960 which we will see as a placeholder device while they fix the bugs in the initial QNX phones ;-)
    09-26-11 08:52 PM
    Yes... LOL ... if others wanted it to die then it would have by now...
    09-26-11 08:54 PM
1,957 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD