whenever this phone come out us ATT customers should get something free with the phone for coming so late. lol
    09-19-11 08:26 PM
    Until the phone is sitting in an at&t store, the liar is right.
    09-19-11 09:26 PM
    If you can read its November 20.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Not sure if this comment was directed at me. If so, I'm well aware of the projected Nov 20th release date. I was merely entertaining thoughts on the official release date announcement. I'm curious to know how the testing is going.....maybe our friendly CrackBerry testers can give us an update.
    09-19-11 10:15 PM
    For what it may be worth, today I was at an AT&T store and while waiting overheard a sales representative telling a customer that there was a new Bold coming out in October. When it was my turn I asked another sales representative when would AT&T have the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and she replied during the month of October but that no specific date has yet been provided to them.
    09-20-11 06:29 PM
    For what it may be worth, today I was at an AT&T store and while waiting overheard a sales representative telling a customer that there was a new Bold coming out in October. When it was my turn I asked another sales representative when would AT&T have the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and she replied during the month of October but that no specific date has yet been provided to them.
    Is there a way for Crackberry to block any posts that say "A sales rep told" in it? It's honestly at the point of infuriation... Do you honestly think a random sales rep in a random AT&T store knows the date that so many others don't? Pure conjecture.
    YourMobileGuru and joju58 like this.
    09-20-11 07:09 PM
    Is there a way for Crackberry to block any posts that say "A sales rep told" in it? It's honestly at the point of infuriation... Do you honestly think a random sales rep in a random AT&T store knows the date that so many others don't? Pure conjecture.
    The answer to your question is no. However, if you risk infuriation from reading rumors based on statements made by AT&T sales representatives you may want to stop monitoring this thread which started with a post that began as follows: "I was at my local AT&T store (Shreveport, Louisiana) today inquiring about the Bold 9900�"
    09-20-11 07:57 PM
    Until the phone is sitting in an at&t store, the liar is right.
    hey, be nice just kidding
    09-20-11 09:53 PM
    He was an obvious troll just posting to make people angry. It's not like I used foul language like someone else in this thread .
    some troll and some is just stupid, we need to ignore as i always do, anyway... Peace bro
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-20-11 09:57 PM
    It seems that all this waiting for at&t to release the 9900 is starting to really agitate people. many people are trying to grab at anything they can to have hope. Which is totally understandable. i jumped over to Verizon just to avoid getting frustrated.
    09-20-11 10:18 PM
    It seems that all this waiting for at&t to release the 9900 is starting to really agitate people. many people are trying to grab at anything they can to have hope. Which is totally understandable. i jumped over to Verizon just to avoid getting frustrated.
    I would not swith to Verizon or Sprint because CDMA/EV-DO networks do not handle voice and data simultaneously. That leaves T-Mobile. If the merger were to go through I would end-up with AT&T while losing my unlimited data plan. Frustration is the word.
    09-21-11 03:57 AM
    You guys can go with a bunch of rumors or just go by the chart that has been correct so far. This chart came out before the 9810 release and was correct about the 9810. I have seen absolutely nothing in this entire thread that provides concrete evidence this chart is incorrect.

Click to view quoted image

Except, isn't the same 9900 aka Touch Bold aka Dakota available in GSM from Rogers, T-Mobile, etc?
    So the chart is in fact wrong.... Clearly it says the CDMA model is the only one out before Nov 20th.
    Why do you guys live by charts that have no proven track records of being dead-on?
    09-21-11 01:03 PM
    I'm tired of waiting for the ATT before they release the 9900, So for the meantime I bought a Nokia E7 last week and thats my main device right now until they got the bold.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 07:05 PM
    how does the rogers/unbranded work on att?
    09-21-11 07:11 PM
    how does the rogers/unbranded work on att?
    It's getting good reviews on here and since they use the same frequencies all you have to do is put your SIM card and put your PIN in BIS and it works (as long as it is SIM unlocked). Some of your proprietary AT&T apps may not work yet but will as the time of the official release gets closer. Everyone went through the same thing on the Bold 9000 three years ago.
    09-21-11 07:49 PM
    It didn't sting as much three years ago because T-Mobile didn't have the 9000, and never did. I was using the 8800 on T-Mobile at that time.
    09-21-11 10:47 PM
    It didn't sting as much three years ago because T-Mobile didn't have the 9000, and never did. I was using the 8800 on T-Mobile at that time.
    if I'm correct T-mobile did get the bold 9000.. but it was only for T-Mobile UK.. correct me if I'm wrong
    09-21-11 10:52 PM
    Except, isn't the same 9900 aka Touch Bold aka Dakota available in GSM from Rogers, T-Mobile, etc?
    So the chart is in fact wrong.... Clearly it says the CDMA model is the only one out before Nov 20th.
    Why do you guys live by charts that have no proven track records of being dead-on?
    Because that "road map" lists the upcoming devices for AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. It has no bearing on what releases on other carriers.
    09-22-11 05:25 AM
    I hope I'm wrong, for the sake of all you AT&T guys in waiting... but I predict another 9780/AT&T fiasco

It's definitely coming... It's in testing... It's coming soon... aaaand it's gone!

09-22-11 05:34 AM
    This is exactly what I'm worried about, and why that Verizon store down the road is becoming more and more tempting. Must resist. Must not walk in to store.
    09-22-11 06:00 AM
    haha don't do it!! go with a rogers; I cant speak highly enough about it on att.. (except the VVM but I honestly havent tried super hard to get it to work, some ppl on here have)
    09-22-11 07:48 AM
    I'm trying to hold out. But that Verizon store has gotten really good at yelling my name and demanding that I come inside... dang siren's call.
    09-22-11 08:53 AM
    I thought about Verizon for a nanosecond. Then I was driving by the local and saw the huge line at the customer service counter. Brought back bitter memories. Never again.
    09-22-11 09:07 AM
    I can tell you horror stories about AT&T customer service. No one carrier will satisfy everyone. For me: the delay of the 9000, the skipped 9780, and the delay of the 9900, coupled with the delay and tweaking of Bridge and the dropping of all but unlimited text plans has really gotten under my skin.
    09-22-11 09:41 AM
    I can tell you horror stories about AT&T customer service. No one carrier will satisfy everyone. For me: the delay of the 9000, the skipped 9780, and the delay of the 9900, coupled with the delay and tweaking of Bridge and the dropping of all but unlimited text plans has really gotten under my skin.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 9000 delayed because of a bunch of hardware/software issues that RIM had to sort out before AT&T would agree to put it out? I seem to remember lots of folks with lots of problems with early models of the 9000.
    09-22-11 09:45 AM
    Very true, and yet when it was released it still had issues (as do other BlackBerries when they are released). And the 9780? What happened to that? Besides, it sure didn't seem to take AT&T long to get the 9810 on the shelves, did it?
    09-22-11 09:49 AM
1,957 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD