dang. i think im giving up. I am going to go sign up for a 2 year deal (ive been meaing to drop off the 'rents plan fora bit now.. ) and get a new 9810. Sell it on ebay or CL and then go buy a rogers 9900 on ebay. I ran the numbers and the loss is pretty minimal. Especially if I sell the 9700 that I have right now.. 9900 here I come!!
    09-10-11 03:00 PM
    Try paying your water bill with cash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I do that all the time.
    09-10-11 03:11 PM
    Has anyone heard if Kevin's letter got a response from AT&T or did they just wipe their arse with it and flush it down the toilet?
    09-12-11 08:58 PM
    Has anyone heard if Kevin's letter got a response from AT&T or did they just wipe their arse with it and flush it down the toilet?
    I imagine Kevin would have posted it on the front page if he had heard anything.
    09-12-11 09:30 PM
    we wish.. dang...
    09-12-11 10:00 PM
    Question:

Has anyone ever seen one? Does it have AT&T branding on the phone or is it unmarked. Is there even a photo of this mythical device?
    09-12-11 10:39 PM
    Question:

Has anyone ever seen one? Does it have AT&T branding on the phone or is it unmarked. Is there even a photo of this mythical device?
    Come to think of it, I haven't seen one with the AT&T branding......but it's coming - one day.
    09-13-11 06:37 AM
    yeap.......one day.......in November......(or we can still hope.)

I've officially dubbed AT&T "Blue Balls" for obvious reasons pertaining to (non-release of) the 9900.
    09-13-11 11:52 AM
    FACKKKKKKKK....ok, i'm done.
    09-13-11 11:58 AM
    I've officially dubbed AT&T "Blue Balls" for obvious reasons pertaining to (non-release of) the 9900.
    LOL good one.
    09-13-11 12:21 PM
    LOL good one.
    *bows* thank you, thank you...I'll be back later for an encore...!

(anyhow, back on topic.) Still trying (NOT) to buy an un-branded 9900 in lieu of Blue Balls (errr, I mean AT&T) taking their sweet time (and my lack of patience) releasing this beauty. My only concern with purchasing a non-AT&T branded phone is lack of warranty (as some have already stated) and God forbid I were to pull a clutz move and somehow damage it beyond repair and get stuck with a good-looking $600+ paperweight. NOT an ideal scenario I would like to be stuck-in.

I'm beating a dead-horse here. Regardless, November 20th (at VERY latest) will be my deciding factor of what approach I'm going to take.
    09-13-11 12:33 PM
    get a rogers!! i did and i feel like a kid on christmas.. waiting it for to ship
    09-13-11 12:39 PM
    I would get a "Rogers" branded device if I was also able to get a warranty (and still keep / pay for my insurance, God forbid I drop the darn thing and damage it beyond economical repair.) I definitely cannot afford $600+ TWICE...so holding-out until late November it is. I am NOT on-contract with AT&T, so my choices are vast, but I'd rather not be hasty. Patience IS a virtue (although a hard-one to exhibit being a true impulsive Crackberry addict.)
    09-13-11 12:46 PM
    I would get a "Rogers" branded device if I was also able to get a warranty (and still keep / pay for my insurance, God forbid I drop the darn thing and damage it beyond economical repair.) I definitely cannot afford $600+ TWICE...so holding-out until late November it is. I am NOT on-contract with AT&T, so my choices are vast, but I'd rather not be hasty. Patience IS a virtue (although a hard-one to exhibit being a true impulsive Crackberry addict.)
    I agree - as tempting as it is to pony up for a Rogers, I'm gonna hold out....with some members reporting sub-par builds, I'd rather wait and be able to exchange if need be.
    09-13-11 12:54 PM
    So a few months ago, I signed up on RIM's page to be notified of new releases of Blackberry's. At that time I had to put in my carrier. Did anyone else do this?
    Did any else want to sh!t a brick when an update came through today to say that the Bold 9900 was now available only to find that it only listed all of the carriers that have had the phone or a few weeks now!

UGH!
    09-13-11 02:15 PM
    Absolutely I did sign up for that.

And yes I was very excited to see that email. very disappointing..
    Mr_Ricky_66 likes this.
    09-13-11 02:52 PM
    So a few months ago, I signed up on RIM's page to be notified of new releases of Blackberry's. At that time I had to put in my carrier. Did anyone else do this?
    Did any else want to sh!t a brick when an update came through today to say that the Bold 9900 was now available only to find that it only listed all of the carriers that have had the phone or a few weeks now!

UGH!
    Yeap. I received the same e-mail today, and I quitely grumbled knowing that this meant nothing regarding the release of the 9900 on AT&T, so I quickly hit the delete key and went about my business.
    09-13-11 02:54 PM

UGH!
    At least you received one, I have had the 9800 from day one, and have yet to get the "official" email from Blackberry!
    09-13-11 07:09 PM
    "Bold 9900 AT&T Release - Sooner than we think?"

NO.

Buy yourself a Rogers one. By the time AT&T comes out with it, the QNX phones will be out.
    09-13-11 07:32 PM
    consider it donezo..
    09-13-11 09:18 PM

UGH!
    I did the same thing and fell for it hook, line, and sinker I was soooooo excited when I got the email as I thought for sure it finally happened, ATT finally got the 9900.....lame
    09-13-11 09:45 PM
    I'm using a 9000 and have no contract. So tempted to leave AT&T for the 9930 on Sprint or Verizon, but really don't want the CDMA network. Sprint is tempting with their $125 credit for leaving a network to join them though.

This is beyond frustrating. I'm using an old trackball, people. A TRACKBALL!

This is inhumane.
    09-13-11 10:29 PM
    I'm using a 9000 and have no contract. So tempted to leave AT&T for the 9930 on Sprint or Verizon, but really don't want the CDMA network. Sprint is tempting with their $125 credit for leaving a network to join them though.

This is beyond frustrating. I'm using an old trackball, people. A TRACKBALL!

This is inhumane.
    OK, How do I get the $125 Extra credit from Sprint?
    Is there any catch?
    I'm switching from ATT to get the 9930 tomorrow! That will pay for my $50 cancellation fee+ some.

Found the Sprint $125 Credit Link: Its called a Sprint PORT-In Credit: http://www.sprint.com/landings/portc...switchtosprint
    Last edited by tatowles; 09-13-11 at 11:49 PM. Reason: New info found
    09-13-11 11:16 PM
    OK, How do I get the $125 Extra credit from Sprint?
    Is there any catch?
    I'm switching from ATT to get the 9930 tomorrow! That will pay for my $50 cancellation fee+ some.

Found the Sprint $125 Credit Link: Its called a Sprint PORT-In Credit: Port In Credit
    Cool. You found it before I could share the link. Gotta act before Oct. 1st, though. And I think Sprint is dry on 9930s till mid-month. At least that's the rumor I haven't bothered to confirm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 12:37 AM
    Make no mistake, no petition on CrackBerry or any other site is going to force AT&T to do anything. Believe it or not, there are actual reasons it hasn't launched yet. The 9900 is most definitely coming, but not before the powers that be are ready for it & not before it's damn near flawless in how it works with the network.
    People said the same thing about HTC and their locked bootloaders, but guess what? after being bombarded by people on Facebook and elsewhere they backed down and are now unlocking the bootloaders on their devices.

Public opinion matters, and businesses listen to their customers when they are loud enough. There are a H**l of a lot more people on AT&T waiting for this phone than really care about or completely understand the bootloader issie.

In addition to the petition/open letter, Kevin and co are organizing a protest and if they are smart interested customers will also bombard their call centers with questions/requests for that phone at the same time. If done well they WILL sit up and take notice.

And FYI I had (still have actually) an AT&T Bold 9000, and while I don't remember having serious issues with it, I don't remember it being "flawless" either. The phone launched with an OS several hundred point releases behind what was available on other carriers and it took AT&T something like 6 months to issue an update by which time many of us had moved on to the 8900. I live in at what was then an EDGE only areas and I got better data performance out of an unlocked T-Mobile branded 8900 than I ever had on the 9000.
    09-14-11 02:13 AM
1,957 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD