Had a chance to use one at Verizon today. Super nice, unbelievably light and thin, keyboard is a bit bigger and a bit less snappy than the 9000. Seemed to me it will be worth the wait.

Is it possible att is holding out to put pressure on RIM into giving them an exclusive on the QNX handset?
    It's possible, but AT&T already said that they planned on selling the 9900 and the 9860, so they aren't putting the choke on very hard.
    08-30-11 05:51 PM
    I really just want to know if I decide to buy the phone, if the tmobile 4G will work on ATT? I know this may not be the place to ask, but so far it seems like my best bet. I was told this again by another tmobile store as well. Think it may have to do with the merger in a few months??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 06:13 PM
    I really just want to know if I decide to buy the phone, if the tmobile 4G will work on ATT? I know this may not be the place to ask, but so far it seems like my best bet. I was told this again by another tmobile store as well. Think it may have to do with the merger in a few months??

It's a hard question to answer as we really don't know yet how much divestiture will be required to get the deal approved. Will it be certain spectrum, will it be specific markets, a combination of both, etc.

In short there is no firm answer yet...

PG
    08-30-11 06:41 PM
    So PG, you're saying I should go spend the money and be a guinea pig?? Lol!

08-30-11 06:44 PM

The Tmobile 4G network is just faster 3G. Both Tmo and ATT use different radio
    bands for 3G right now. You won't get 3G on the phone. Still isn't equipped
    with the proper radio for ATT 3G bands.
    08-30-11 07:01 PM
    Someone needs to get a TMO 9900 and give it a try on AT&T and let us know.
    08-30-11 07:16 PM
    Figure this out.... Go back a few pages to my original question. I was told by now three people that the new bold is using the same bands. I agree liquid... Maybe I'll be the first one...

08-30-11 07:26 PM
    Figure this out.... Go back a few pages to my original question. I was told by now three people that the new bold is using the same bands. I agree liquid... Maybe I'll be the first one...

They can't use the same radio though. If you're someplace with a T-Mobile
    phone and can't get HSPA+ in that area, it's going to drop to regular 3G. They're
    still going to use different radios.

Listen, I sure as **** hope AT&T 3G works on it. I'd take my Sprint 9930 back
    in an instant and straight buy one from T-Mobile. I just think the radio situation
    will be the same as always.
    08-30-11 07:36 PM
    I just don't get what ya mean... I don't see why they wouldn't be the same.... I kind of understand that if it doesn't get h+ then it'll drop to 3G. Just like my phone goes from 3G to edge right now when service drops? That should be normal. All I'm saying is I was told 3G and H+ are possible with a tmobile 9900 on the att....

08-30-11 07:45 PM
    I just don't get what ya mean... I don't see why they wouldn't be the same.... I kind of understand that if it doesn't get h+ then it'll drop to 3G. Just like my phone goes from 3G to edge right now when service drops? That should be normal. All I'm saying is I was told 3G and H+ are possible with a tmobile 9900 on the att....

You were told wrong.
    08-30-11 08:39 PM
    I keep hearing October-November for the 9900 from a close blackberry rep i keep in contact with.
    08-30-11 09:10 PM
    And does he say why?
    08-30-11 09:26 PM
    The 9900 runs all the necessary bands to run on either network. What else do you need to know?

08-30-11 09:27 PM
    The 9900 runs all the necessary bands to run on either network. What else do you need to know?

So youre saying the tmobile version has 850/1900 3G/4G?? Where did you see this? Link please??
    08-30-11 09:29 PM
    So youre saying the tmobile version has 850/1900 3G/4G?? Where did you see this? Link please??
    Can we make a separate thread for the TMO/ATT Freq questions and leave this thread to release date info please....
    Last edited by BBLiv47; 08-30-11 at 10:20 PM.
    08-30-11 10:11 PM
    Blueyez, that's all I'm asking. Just wanted verification on this, because I don't want to spend 5-600 dollars for an "edge only" device. ADGrant- no need to be rude.

08-30-11 10:13 PM
    Can we make a separate thread for the TMO/ATT Freq questions and leave this thread to release date info please....
    No need, I will make this short and sweet. He is correct, RIM makes 2 different 9900's. Here is an explanation from another forum, also RIM has two sets of specs listed on the Blackberry site for the 9900 Frequencies.

"It was the only spectrum available in last year's AWS Government Auction - - T-Mobile had no choice -either use it or lose it.

It is a split frequency with 2100 as the download stream and 1700 as the upload stream. It is a more advanced 3g service than AT&T's and should be a bit faster. European phones with 2100 won't work because you need both frequencys on the phone for the system to function and I have heard that the 2100 European frequency is different channel too.

I am sure eventually you will see more handset manufacturers producing phones with all the 3g frequencies on board just as you saw quad band for GSM voice and GPRS. There are other countries that will be adopting the 1700 mostly some carriers in Canada and Central and South America, so T-Mobile will not end up being the one and only carrier with these 3g frequencies."

Last edited by olblueyez; 08-30-11 at 10:40 PM.
    08-30-11 10:32 PM
    Well, it's August 31st, and so far we have nothing... Looks like it's October.
    08-31-11 05:48 PM
    With the DOJ blocking the merger and all the other crap that going on with ATT, don't expect the 9900 to be coming out anytime soon.
    08-31-11 06:36 PM
    With the DOJ blocking the merger and all the other crap that going on with ATT, don't expect the 9900 to be coming out anytime soon.
    This is not going to have any bearing on the release of the 9900. AT&T will release it regardless of this pending merger. I'm sure the high powered lawyers will work something out to make it happen.
    08-31-11 07:22 PM
    Blueyez, that's all I'm asking. Just wanted verification on this, because I don't want to spend 5-600 dollars for an "edge only" device. ADGrant- no need to be rude.

I thought I was being clear. The T-Mobile 9900 will be an "edge only" device on AT&T.
    08-31-11 07:28 PM
    I thought I was being clear. The T-Mobile 9900 will be an "edge only" device on AT&T.
    You are absolutely 110% correct.
    austriker likes this.
    08-31-11 07:53 PM
    Goodbye AT&T nonsense, hello Verizon and Blackberry Bold 9900!
    08-31-11 08:31 PM
    wow nothing from them on august 31.i hope we hear something on sept 1-2.that petition crackberrykevin started i hope gets through at&t's thick skull.i really badly want to upgrade to something new.i could care less about this at&t tmo merger thing.if its oct,so be it.just say something at&t.im not looking to leave at&t anyways.you are getting a bunch of great devices in the i5/i4s,9860,samsung galaxy s2,9360,htc holliday,etc in the near future.no more sleeping on your customers at&t.kapeesh.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-31-11 at 08:50 PM.
    08-31-11 08:48 PM
    This is supposed to be a friendly and informative forum, and I will point out when I feel as though an unnecessary comment is made in my regard. Sorry that I'm not certain of something, and I feel that I'd like another persons opinion besides yours. I don't understand why people feel the need to belittle someone on a message forum. If you'd like, my pin is 22ADA7F0. I don't mean to sound whiny, but come on people.

Anyways, I'm with M3Brown... I will give another week or two, then I'm scooting for another service!

08-31-11 09:07 PM
1,957 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD