I spoke to an AT&T CSR to make modifications to my plan and I asked about the Bold 9900 and she looked it up and told me it was available for presale August 8th. I was confused because obviously this was news to me and I asked if she was absolutely sure she was looking at the right Blackberry and she read it verbatim 'Blackberry Bold 9900 4G for $199.99 with 2 year contract.' Of course I jumped on the opportunity and without hesitation said I would like to order this phone. After about a 15 minute process of her trying to figure out how to order it and asking her manager she said the phone wouldn't show up on order/checkout process. I must have been on the phone with this lady and her manager for about half an hour trying to work out the issue they were having and they could not figure it out and eventually apologized for the inconvenience. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed because I thought I had just hit the jackpot. They could not figure out why it wouldn't allow them to order it but they clearly said it was on a list for presale August 8th??? WTF!!!

Aug. 8th 2012?
    08-25-11 02:33 PM
    I just spoke to a rep and she said that the phone WILL NOT be sold by At&t.

Someone please tell me shes a moron and shes not telling the truth
    08-25-11 04:08 PM
    You can't go by what a rep says - at least 99.9% of the time.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-25-11 04:11 PM
    Aug. 8th 2012?
    That's exactly what I thought just before I read your post. Lol.
    08-25-11 04:14 PM
    The Reps usually know less than the well informed Crackberry User
    08-25-11 04:19 PM
    The Reps are funny lol
    08-25-11 04:46 PM
    My store rep down here in Texas said that it's for sures not coming this month but next month
    08-25-11 05:21 PM
    the 9860 was said to be releasing in september.but at&t did the swap and replace the 9860 with this for release as the leaked roadmap states.so pushing the 9860 to 4Q could only mean one thing.they are going to get this out.so if they make an announcement on august 31,then release is most likely to occur on sept 1 or 2.that just fits the bill right.at&t does not want to continue drag on this anymore.so no pushing to mid sept or late sept or even early oct.at&t also has concentrate on the i5 release of october,so it makes sense to get this out of the way.i would love to get me an i5 as well but i can get only one device.and i never liked i4 when i got one last year,so i don't know how i5 experience would be like for me.im ready to cash in on my upgrade.so happy .
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-25-11 at 07:18 PM.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    08-25-11 06:59 PM
    Do you think when you buy it, it will come in the blackberry black box or the ugly orange ordinary box?
    08-25-11 07:15 PM
    the 9860 was said to be releasing in september.but at&t did the swap and replace the 9860 with this for release as the leaked roadmap states.so pushing the 9860 to 4Q could only mean one thing.they are going to get this out.so if they make an announcement on august 31,then release is most likely to occur on sept 1 or 2.that just fits the bill right.at&t does not want to continue drag on this anymore.so no pushing to mid sept or late sept or even early oct.at&t also has concentrate on the i5 release of october,so it makes sense to get this out of the way.i would love to get me an i5 as well but i can get only one device.and i never liked i4 when i got one last year,so i don't know how i5 experience would be like for me.im ready to cash in on my upgrade.so happy .
    did hear this from somewhere? or just your thoughts?

i sure do hope ur right about this!!! lol
    08-25-11 07:36 PM
    Do you think when you buy it, it will come in the blackberry black box or the ugly orange ordinary box?
    BLACKberry box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 07:42 PM
    did hear this from somewhere? or just your thoughts?

i sure do hope ur right about this!!! lol
    i didn't hear it from somewhere.im going with the facts right now.the new leaked roadmap for 4Q for at&t is a clear indicator.and the iphone 5 is at&t busiest time of the year.at&t can't wait any longer.qnx arrives in 2012 so they can't keep pushing it.its going to be obsolete by that time.im no cx/pg(who cb nation highly regards)but any smart person can understand the relevant facts and draw an inference or conclusion.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-25-11 at 07:53 PM.
    08-25-11 07:48 PM
    i didn't hear it from somewhere.im going with the facts right now.the new leaked roadmap for 4Q for at&t is a clear indicator.and the iphone 5 is at&t busiest time of the year.at&t can't wait any longer.qnx arrives in 2012 so they can't keep pushing it.its going to be obsolete by that time.im no cx/pg(who cb nation highly regards)but any smart person can understand the relevant facts and draw an inference or conclusion.
    I agree with your assessment. If AT&T is seriously committed to Blackberry (which they say they are) then they have to get these phones out ASAP. Waiting until after IPhone 5 brings the phones dangerously close to obsolecence with the new QNX phones scheduled to begin hitting early next year (Most likely late spring, early summer if past RIM history is any indicator).

Personally, I am dying to get my hands on the 9900, and am seriously thinking about jumping ship from AT&T because of it. I been a loyal customer for almost 15 years, but I'm tired of their freaking games and this might be the last straw.

I have a BB 9000, got my wife an IPhone. The IPhone is cool and much easier to use than my BB, but I consistently get better reception, better battery life, and I'd much rather my physical keyboard over the IPhone's virtual one. Until the Iphone 4 came out, I wasn't convinced it was overall a better phone, especially after I upgraded to BB OS5.

Still, my 9000 is definately showing it's age and I need a new phone NOW (actually, yesterday). I'm stuck dreaming about all the improvements BB has made to the OS in vs 6 and now 7 while AT&T jerks us common folk around. I don't want an all touchscreen device, and the IPhone wannabe Android doesn't appeal to me.

Get with the program, AT&T release the 9900 NOW!!!!
    08-25-11 08:32 PM
    When I used to get those calls, I just agreed with the customer & told em I would relay the message to my manager just as you said.....and as soon as you hung up I just went on to my next call. The managers in the call center dont make those decisions...and their managers dont make those decisions, and their managers dont make those decisions. The people who make decisions like that are out on the golf course or on their yacht.

Former Pacific Bell, SBC, at&t, AT&T employee.
    Not sure if it matters but I emailed Business Services. Honestly, she could have just given me a canned response and moved on.

On a side note, I stopped at a local Verizon store at lunch today and laid my hands on the Hope Diamond of BlackBerrys. Man, I can't wait to own a 9900. After my limited exposure to the 9930, I'm needing my 9900 fix and may consider buying an unlocked Rogers device.
    Last edited by mnhockeycoach99; 08-25-11 at 10:49 PM.
    08-25-11 10:46 PM
    I keep following this thread like a hawk, but I guess patience IS a virtue (and as far as my Crackberry addiction, I would love to have the 9900 in my hands today, but still trying to "keep the faith" that old Ma' Bell will suprise us IN A GOOD WAY sooner then later.) The only thing that's making me think they WILL release it (albeit within the month, or in November as previously shown in "leaked documents") is that PhoneScoop is still showing the 9900 as a "tentative" release on AT&T.
    Last edited by intellectronik; 08-26-11 at 11:01 AM.
    08-26-11 10:56 AM
    My chat with AT&T:

You are now chatting with Nafisa, an AT&T sales representative.
    Nafisa: Welcome to AT&T Wireless Online Sales support. How may I assist you today?

Anthony: Hello, I want to add a line to my account and get the Blackberry Bold 9900. Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile already have this phone available or have announced availability. When will I be able to get this phone on AT&T?

Nafisa: I am happy to assist you with adding a line to your account. However, the Bold 9900 The item that you've asked about is not listed on our website and we do not have any advance information regarding its release. If, however, your need is urgent, I am more than happy to help you find a similar device from our existing inventory.

Anthony: Thanks but I really need the the 9900 specifically. It's disappointing that all the other major carriers have the phone but AT&T still doesn't. I'll keep checking back, thanks.

Nafisa: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Anthony: Nope, thanks.
    08-26-11 06:22 PM
    another clue:
    at&t's 4g portfolio-
    Exclusive 4G BlackBerry Torch 9810 to Precede 4G BlackBerry Bold 9900 and New, 4G, All-touch BlackBerry Torch 9860

Dallas, Texas, August 03, 2011

if you read that correctly,the bold is next in line.why would they place it second instead of the 9860 in that statement?it doesn't follow the models numbers order correctly-(9810,9860,9900)also the 9810 already "preceded" it.who knows if at&t changed their mind after this.but im just keeping hopes up.as im looking forward to it myself.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-26-11 at 07:30 PM.
    08-26-11 07:16 PM
    another clue:
    at&t's 4g portfolio-
    Exclusive 4G BlackBerry Torch 9810 to Precede 4G BlackBerry Bold 9900 and New, 4G, All-touch BlackBerry Torch 9860

Dallas, Texas, August 03, 2011

if you read that correctly,the bold is next in line.why would they place it second instead of the 9860 in that statement?it doesn't follow the models numbers order correctly-(9810,9860,9900)also the 9810 already "preceded" it.who knows if at&t changed their mind after this.but im just keeping hopes up.as im looking forward to it myself.
    Hey chetan, i hope you are right with predictions.
    08-26-11 11:30 PM
    ^im not predicting anything.any smart person could use facts to interpret data.i don't care if people want to believe them or not.i read up on them since im interested in getting me one.you can read many threads of how people are upset with at&t.so its better to have some positive vives around.life can be so dull with negativity.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-27-11 at 12:50 AM.
    08-26-11 11:51 PM
    AT&T just really wanted to give everyone a head start on the sales competition.
    08-27-11 12:02 AM
    Long as this phone is out by 12/4(date I'm eligible for an upgrade) they're okay with me.
    08-27-11 12:08 AM
    I'm done with at&t my patience is officially at "fresh out" lol played around w/ the 9930 a few times, seen reviews on YouTube on it and read forums threads on how awesome it is. There's such a thing as "supply and demand" AT&T and you're not supplying what the masses are demanding, deuces!!
    08-27-11 12:24 AM
    If anything, I would have thought AT&T would have been the first to release the 9900. About 3 months ago I lost my 9700 and went in there to get a new one, only to be told they didn't sell it anymore. All they had was the Torch and the Curve. I couldn't believe they didn't have a flagship Bold device. After then reading about the upcoming 9900 I felt sure they'd stopped selling the 9700 because they were about to replace it with the 9900 at the earliest opportunity. Three months later and what do they have? The Curve and the 9810.

Yesterday my freaking old 9000, which is what I've been using since I lost my 9700 (and rejected the Torch 9800 upgrade they offered me), conked out. The keyboard stopped working, so I took it apart and gave the keyboard contacts a good clean with alcohol. It fixed the problem, but in putting it back together two of the little screws snapped and now one side of it is prizing apart. I now have an old Bold held together with duct tape, with a disconnect button which barely works, and a wonky screen, and one side of the keyboard needs super hard presses to get it to work, and the freaking thing is going to fall apart on me at any minute I just know it. I could go in the store right now and upgrade to a 9810 but dammit I hate the sliding keyboards and if I'm going to go all-touch then I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5. At this rate, if the iPhone 5 comes out before the 9900 on AT&T I'm going to give that a try first. God I hate AT&T.
    08-27-11 12:43 AM
    An ATT rep told me yesterday that the 9900 is on their product offering list for September.
    08-27-11 06:38 AM
    If anything, I would have thought AT&T would have been the first to release the 9900. About 3 months ago I lost my 9700 and went in there to get a new one, only to be told they didn't sell it anymore. All they had was the Torch and the Curve. I couldn't believe they didn't have a flagship Bold device. After then reading about the upcoming 9900 I felt sure they'd stopped selling the 9700 because they were about to replace it with the 9900 at the earliest opportunity. Three months later and what do they have? The Curve and the 9810.

Yesterday my freaking old 9000, which is what I've been using since I lost my 9700 (and rejected the Torch 9800 upgrade they offered me), conked out. The keyboard stopped working, so I took it apart and gave the keyboard contacts a good clean with alcohol. It fixed the problem, but in putting it back together two of the little screws snapped and now one side of it is prizing apart. I now have an old Bold held together with duct tape, with a disconnect button which barely works, and a wonky screen, and one side of the keyboard needs super hard presses to get it to work, and the freaking thing is going to fall apart on me at any minute I just know it. I could go in the store right now and upgrade to a 9810 but dammit I hate the sliding keyboards and if I'm going to go all-touch then I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5. At this rate, if the iPhone 5 comes out before the 9900 on AT&T I'm going to give that a try first. God I hate AT&T.
    Sounds like you need to take better care of your phones. It's not AT&T's fault you lost your 9700 and sure not their fault your 9000 is a POS. Just sayin'. It's easy to point the finger but the reality of it is you are the one at fault.
    08-27-11 07:55 AM
1,957 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD