I went ahead a chatted an ATT rep. I am not a troll, and this is what I got back. Exactly what I figured I'd get back.

You are now chatting with Matthew D., an AT&T sales representative.
    Matthew D.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?
    Brian: Hello Matthew, I am looking to switch to AT&T, however, I won't be switching until you have the BlackBerry Bold 9900 available. Do you have any idea when that phone will be available on AT&T?
    Matthew D.: It would be my pleasure to assist you with information about our BlackBerry phones. However we do not have any advanced information about that BlackBerry at this time.
    Brian: I'm hoping it's soon, both Sprint and Verizon have it available. Thanks.
    Matthew D.: I'm sorry about that, would you like to see our other BlackBerry's?
    Matthew D.: I haven't heard from you for a while. Would you like to continue chatting?
    Brian: No, I already know what other Blackberries you have. I'll be waiting for the 9900. Thanks for your time.
    08-24-11 08:46 AM
    99.9% of the CSR's are just as in the dark as we are, if not more. Every CSR I've spoken to has told me that the public will become aware of the announcement of a phone before AT&T employees, specifically, CSR's...
    08-24-11 09:28 AM
    This is bothering me too, if the 9900 is NOT on the Q4 release schedule, does that mean it is coming sooner or not at all?
    AT&T has already announced it in their lineup (here). It is coming, just a matter of when.
    08-24-11 09:40 AM
    How is it in that chart of Q4 releases Bold 9900 is not listed? We see the new Curve but not the bold touch?

Would have made a lot of sense to see in that chart...Not sure why?

I will stick to what PG and Crucial have to say. I am hoping they come back one of these days and provide an update on 9900 field testing status and ease the pain for everybody ;-)
    08-24-11 09:44 AM
    I, too, did an online chat to see what the results would be. They of course were in the dark but did say that if other carriers were beginning to release it, that an AT&T release would likely be soon to follow.

Wouldn't it be great if AT&T was holding on to the release date so they could surprise us next Wednesday and have it magically appear in the online store!

A girl can dream, can't she?!?!
    08-24-11 09:45 AM
    Well I just got off the phone w/ AT&T and inquired about the 9900 and rep didn't give me a date, but oddly kept saying, "just check back next week." AT&T are just being jerks at this point. Skip all secrecy/BS and release the damn thing or give a solid date.
    08-24-11 10:08 AM
    I love to hate AT&T.
    08-24-11 11:54 AM
    after telling them several different times that i was not giving my full name or account number, i finally got this:

"Unfortunately, we haven't receive any notification about the release of the Blackberry Bold 9900. Just you continue to check our website, once it is listed as in stock, it will be available for you to purchase. "

its "scheduled for Nov 20th", but sprint is looking better each and every day...
    08-24-11 12:17 PM
    after telling them several different times that i was not giving my full name or account number, i finally got this:

"Unfortunately, we haven't receive any notification about the release of the Blackberry Bold 9900. Just you continue to check our website, once it is listed as in stock, it will be available for you to purchase. "

its "scheduled for Nov 20th", but sprint is looking better each and every day...
    I would love to switch to Sprint for the Bold 9930, but the lack of Talk and Data at the same time kills it for me.
    TVObsessee likes this.
    08-24-11 12:47 PM
    I tried several times, no luck. Btw, the projections for Q3 and Q4 don't show the iphone 5 either? What does that mean?
    08-24-11 02:30 PM
    I tried several times, no luck. Btw, the projections for Q3 and Q4 don't show the iphone 5 either? What does that mean?
    It means to take the sheet with a grain of salt.
    08-24-11 03:13 PM
    even though at&t delays release of this phone i still like them for a few reasons:

1. no lack of talk/data
    2. checked Verizon and Sprint sites and with same plans i have on at&t they are way more expensive..
    3. delay of Bold-9900 means also phone will be with less bugs in SW and HW

today i rode an article saying that RIM's new 7OS phones selling great except of at&t's new Torch 9810...so this is another sign for 9900 might release much sooner then at&t was planning

so dear at&t folks just relax and patiently wait for its release. Most of us have i nice phones I'm sure like Bold-9700 or a little less so we not in that bad situation, i totally understand folks who still using Bold-9000s they really need 9900s asap
    Supervillain24 likes this.
    08-24-11 04:27 PM
    Did anyone else notice the Q4 release sheet could have been cropped to omit devices on the bottom. It's just a digital image right? I say sooner than later.

Also, if guys like CX have indicated to anyone that this info is incorrect then why not just stop by and leave a post to let us know we are on the wrong track? It is supposed to be a community right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 05:17 PM
    Did anyone else notice the Q4 release sheet could have been cropped to omit devices on the bottom. It's just a digital image right? I say sooner than later.

Also, if guys like CX have indicated to anyone that this info is incorrect then why not just stop by and leave a post to let us know we are on the wrong track? It is supposed to be a community right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think they are probably sick of telling us AT&Ters that we will be waiting...
    08-24-11 05:39 PM
    This is an actual chat window with a AT&T customer representative on AT&T.com concerning the Blackberry Bold 9900 release date.
    AT&T sales representatives are happy to assist you with your questions. Click below to begin your live text chat.

AT&T sales representatives will not have access to your personal account. This service is provided to you under AT&Ts Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

You are now chatting with Zachary B., an AT&T sales representative.

Zachary B.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How can I help you today?

Robin: Yeah I just have a quick question

Zachary B.: I'd be happy to help you with your questions. Do you have service with AT&T now?

Robin: My two year contract is up and I'm due for a full upgrade and I'm really interested in the new Blackberry Bold 9900 and I've noticed that Verizon and Sprint already have it but AT&T doesn't. Are you guys planning on carrying it?

Zachary B.: I'd be happy to help you with upgrading. I believe we are, not sure though. Let me see if I can find anything for you.

Robin: Thank you

Zachary B.: The Bold 9930 is for Verizon and Sprint, the 9900 is for AT&T and T-Mobile and planned for August 31.

Robin: Okay so the 9900 will be available through AT&T on August 31?

Zachary B.: Yes, from what I'm seeing that's right!

Zachary B.: So if you're eligible to upgrade, you can check back online to place an order for one then, or go into a store to see if they have any in stock.

Robin: Perfect, I've been eligible since May so I guess I can wait another week to upgrade, thank you much.

Zachary B.: You're welcome! Is there anything else you'd like help with?

Robin: That will do it, I was curious before I made any rash decisions because I prefer AT&T service

Zachary B.: Thank you for choosing AT&T. Have a great day.

The chat session has been closed by your AT&T sales representative.
    i just chatted with another at&t sales agent and they said the have no information whatsoever about future releases.

i even brought up this conversation and asked him for an explanation. he said that he doesn't need to explain anything another sales associate does and that no associate has any info about future releases...

i hate it when a company gives you different information....
    08-24-11 05:58 PM
    i think at&t is going to do it.they are hurting in sales compared to sprint.holding back until oct/nov just makes them lose more customers to other carriers or buy unlocked devices from other carriers.the i5 is slated to come to at&t in october.that is 1 and 1/2 half months from now.so in the time gap between thats more depleted sales.so i think at&t has hit a roadblock and august 31 is being more likely.if it is,then i'll be happy because i've been waiting for to use my upgrade for a while now.but if it is october,then i5 will still be in my consideration.my current device is so ready for backup duties.time for something fresh.also,pushing the 9860 to late fall does not hurt at&t at all because they already have a full touchscreen device in the torch 2 and a lots of androids out now.the i5 is coming as well so their will be plenty of full touch devices on their lineup.
    Statehouse likes this.
    08-24-11 06:18 PM
    AT&T has already announced it in their lineup (here). It is coming, just a matter of when.
    I spoke to my AT&T district rep today, he didn't have a set date but believes that it will be out early September. I take this with a HUGE grain of salt b/c he has been very unreliable in the past.
    08-24-11 06:21 PM
    I think all of us AT&T users waiting for the Bold 9900 should take 5 minutes to email Customer Service voicing our displeasure that AT&T hasn't released the 9900 when all major North American carriers have. I did a couple weeks ago and the response I got was that they'd pass my feedback on to management. My thought is that enough people complain and threaten to jump ship....maybe AT&T management will push the release date up a few weeks..er months.
    08-24-11 11:10 PM
    I think all of us AT&T users waiting for the Bold 9900 should take 5 minutes to email Customer Service voicing our displeasure that AT&T hasn't released the 9900 when all major North American carriers have. I did a couple weeks ago and the response I got was that they'd pass my feedback on to management. My thought is that enough people complain and threaten to jump ship....maybe AT&T management will push the release date up a few weeks..er months.
    post the link from their website and i'll jump on this train.
    08-24-11 11:16 PM
    I did a couple weeks ago and the response I got was that they'd pass my feedback on to management. My thought is that enough people complain and threaten to jump ship....maybe AT&T management will push the release date up a few weeks..er months.
    When I used to get those calls, I just agreed with the customer & told em I would relay the message to my manager just as you said.....and as soon as you hung up I just went on to my next call. The managers in the call center dont make those decisions...and their managers dont make those decisions, and their managers dont make those decisions. The people who make decisions like that are out on the golf course or on their yacht.

Former Pacific Bell, SBC, at&t, AT&T employee.
    08-25-11 12:04 AM
    post the link from their website and i'll jump on this train.
    Me too!

And if it's delayed until November, then the Vice President of AT&T has affirmed an early October launch for iPhone 5, so that will be another choice to consider.
    08-25-11 01:08 AM
    The rep I'm talking to right this very second is saying that the new Bold 9900 for AT&T will come out for Thanksgiving and that it will come out after the iPhone5.
    08-25-11 02:10 AM
    This is what I was referring to:

No 9900 here...
    Those are Q4 releases........so I am pretty confident that the 9900/9910 will be released in Q3, it's coming be patient. By the end of the year att will have the BEST BBs to offer. Bold, Curve and both Torches, I don't believe anyone else will be able to offer all these by year end.
    08-25-11 10:13 AM
    I find it quite funny that AT&T is citing slugish BlackBerry 7 sales while Sprint is selling out of them.
    DUH! AT&T users are holding out for the Bold 9900. WHy AT&T thought that the Torch should be the one they released first is beyond me.
    08-25-11 11:45 AM
    I spoke to an AT&T CSR to make modifications to my plan and I asked about the Bold 9900 and she looked it up and told me it was available for presale August 8th. I was confused because obviously this was news to me and I asked if she was absolutely sure she was looking at the right Blackberry and she read it verbatim 'Blackberry Bold 9900 4G for $199.99 with 2 year contract.' Of course I jumped on the opportunity and without hesitation said I would like to order this phone. After about a 15 minute process of her trying to figure out how to order it and asking her manager she said the phone wouldn't show up on order/checkout process. I must have been on the phone with this lady and her manager for about half an hour trying to work out the issue they were having and they could not figure it out and eventually apologized for the inconvenience. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed because I thought I had just hit the jackpot. They could not figure out why it wouldn't allow them to order it but they clearly said it was on a list for presale August 8th??? WTF!!!
    Last edited by Studio983; 08-25-11 at 12:56 PM.
    08-25-11 12:43 PM
1,957 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD