I went to a local tmo store and they had a dummy phone.. ugh I want it! I am not up for a full upgrade so I dont even know how much I would pay if I got it tomorrow. but damn I cannot believe they're selling it for that much with new activation and/or upgrade!
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-30-11 10:43 PM
    I went to a local tmo store and they had a dummy phone.. ugh I want it! I am not up for a full upgrade so I dont even know how much I would pay if I got it tomorrow. but damn I cannot believe they're selling it for that much with new activation and/or upgrade!
    I am sorry to hear, I hope you can work something out or possibly get a deal!

I know right.. the price is insane. I guess i'll be sticking with the 9900 until 2020.
    08-30-11 10:47 PM
    Still contemplating whether to order from Walmart or to wait and see if Target offers it cheaper/T-Mobile offers it cheaper in a week or so.

ETA: Target's website no longer has the 9780 up on its 'new plan' or 'upgrade' page for T-Mobile so now I wait for them to chime in.
    Last edited by .Britnasty; 08-30-11 at 11:04 PM.
    08-30-11 10:58 PM
    I'm on the phone with TMO right now getting it.. Set up some payment installment.. Insane 299 upfront rest broken down.. still 599.. NO WAY IN H3LL... think i'm leaving tmobile.
    08-30-11 11:06 PM
    Retention is trying to do their thing.. FYI ... my bill is 250-350 a month including international talk and text.
    08-30-11 11:12 PM
    I'm on the phone with TMO right now getting it.. Set up some payment installment.. Insane 299 upfront rest broken down.. still 599.. NO WAY IN H3LL... think i'm leaving tmobile.
    Thought they got rid of the payment installment, good to know this might be an option...

Keep us updated on the talks with retention goes.
    08-30-11 11:14 PM
    Just picked up my brand new 9900 at my local T-Mobile store today at noon and have been playing with it ever since Sorry to say the reports are all true! No UMA calling AND no NFC option available.

I am holding out hope that these omissions can and will be corrected by an update to the OS sometime soon.

I can live without the NFC but I need my UMA calling! WTH
    08-30-11 11:17 PM
    What is the payment installment and how does it work?

Did you order it and how was the process in terms of pricing?
    08-30-11 11:17 PM
    I'm going to wait till its instores.. Tmo definitely doesn't value their customers... Retention rep said I might be able to get it for 199 from a store if I go and do this in person. $199 is what ALL other carriers practically have em for. Possibly going to sprint...
    08-30-11 11:18 PM
    What is the payment installment and how does it work?

Did you order it and how was the process in terms of pricing?
    They said with Classic plan I could get the payment installments.. $299 plus tax initial upfront and the rest in $15 payments still totaling $599.. No thanks
    08-30-11 11:19 PM
    I see. So, its pretty much a down payment type of thing? And you pay the rest monthly?
    08-30-11 11:22 PM
    They said with Classic plan I could get the payment installments.. $299 plus tax initial upfront and the rest in $15 payments still totaling $599.. No thanks
    I'm on the phone as I type and they just told me because I have the a Classic plan, I can't do installments. :\

Also, even with my full upgrade the price is 317 after rebate but that she wouldn't be able to place an order even if wanted to order because it's not out yet. T-Mob has LOST their mind.

I guess I'll see what's up in-store tomorrow.

Oh, one more thing...the pricing in-store could be different than over the phone and the web because the stores own their own inventory. I'm more confused then ever now.
    Last edited by isp23; 08-30-11 at 11:30 PM.
    08-30-11 11:27 PM

Oh, one more thing...the pricing in-store could be different than over the phone and the web because the stores own their own inventory. I'm more confused then ever now.
    This is true. When I bought my 9700, it was $100 less in the store than it was online.
    BBxpress and isp23 like this.
    08-30-11 11:31 PM
    So, I refreshed the T-Mobile site and they took the pricing off for the Bold 9900. Maybe they lowered the price? Anyways, I am now on the phone with a T-Mobile rep. She said its $800 without a contract....

$800 without contract
    with two year contract it is $600

If you're eligible for a full upgrade its $350 with two year contract after $50 mail in rebate

I don't know if the rep is half way asleep or what...
    08-30-11 11:32 PM
    This is true. When I bought my 9700, it was $100 less in the store than it was online.
    Good to know actually. Thanks!

Think they'll be more likely to do a 'price match' over the retention team?
    08-30-11 11:33 PM
    So, I refreshed the T-Mobile site and they took the pricing off for the Bold 9900. Maybe they lowered the price? Anyways, I am now on the phone with a T-Mobile rep. She said its $800 without a contract....

$800 without contract
    with two year contract it is $600

If you're eligible for a full upgrade its $350 with two year contract after $50 mail in rebate

I don't know if the rep is half way asleep or what...
    Same 2-year pricing I got (the $317). Probably the same rep I talked to. haha!
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-30-11 11:34 PM
    Haha, maybe! Anyways, I can't wait till tomorrow to see pricing for sure and possibly pick it up!
    08-30-11 11:38 PM
    Haha, maybe! Anyways, I can't wait till tomorrow to see pricing for sure and possibly pick it up!
    Yeah, same with me. Hopefully the pricing questions, will be fixed and negotiable.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-30-11 11:40 PM

I went to my tmo store today and they said the exact same price as it is online which is 299.99 with rebate with a FULL UPGRADE or new line. RIDICULOUS! as another person said here, tmo has lost their damn mind.
    Got2bBold13 likes this.
    08-30-11 11:49 PM
    i was told the value plan is lower in price because the phone is "paid in full" and can be done in installments... however, if you're on classic, you pay a discounted price but pay 40-50$ more monthly.. i dont know and if i have to put out $300, then it looks like i might be discontinuing service with tmobile... seriously they are out of their minds!
    08-30-11 11:53 PM
    People should wait a week. That's what happened with the 9700. Not many people bought it at full price, then it dropped $100 and it was sold out everywhere. Maybe that was just my area though, the sold out thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 12:01 AM
    I honestly don't think the price will be any different tomorrow. But we can only hope.. I still don't see why T-Mobile is the ONLY carrier that is releasing this phone for such a steep or should I say RIDICULOUS price.. T-Mobile lost their minds like people have already mentioned.

With all of this complaining about the pricing of the phone, I am starting to reconsider buying it.

Why, T-Mobile? Why?

"The phone will be $199.99 tomorrow after $50 mail in rebate." Oh, hang on. Back to reality.
    08-31-11 12:02 AM
    People should wait a week. That's what happened with the 9700. Not many people bought it at full price, then it dropped $100 and it was sold out everywhere. Maybe that was just my area though, the sold out thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I got the 9700 on release date for 199, can't remember if that was after rebate or total price.
    08-31-11 12:22 AM
    well guys i just checked the tmobile site and its official. The phone is listed for $299 after a mail in rebate for new customers. The my account section is down for maintenance so i wasnt able to check the upgrade price but im sure its the same. So there you have it. Not that we havent known for a while.
    08-31-11 01:03 AM
    Just picked up my brand new 9900 at my local T-Mobile store today at noon and have been playing with it ever since Sorry to say the reports are all true! No UMA calling AND no NFC option available.

I am holding out hope that these omissions can and will be corrected by an update to the OS sometime soon.

I can live without the NFC but I need my UMA calling! WTH
    This was not in question. What we need confirmed is if one of the newest leaks provides UMA just as the first 9930 leak gave Verizon NFC.

Get upgrading and report back, stat!
    08-31-11 01:26 AM
509 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD