Hi,

I have two major issues! HELP!

- I have a white BlackBerry Bold 9900 on T-Mobile UK. Its always been fine with me, never had no problems until now... I've had it for about 10 or 11 months and now all of a sudden, it's stuck in SOS Mode. In the top right hand corner, I have my Wi-Fi sign on, the little blackberry logo image thing and the reception indicator but it either says SOS or there's and X there. On top of the time, it will either say just my Wi-Fi name, Searching for Signal or No Service... Sometimes it works but only for a few seconds, not long enough to make a call or send a quick text though...

- My phone screen just decides to go black whenever it feels like and to get it back on I have to do a battery pull. However after reading through a few threads I've found a temporary fix which is leaving my Wi-Fi on at all times and that sees to be working perfectly fine now as a temporary fix, but whenever I turn my Wi-Fi off, the screen immediately goes black and I have to do a battery pull. Its really frustrating as the Bold's battery life is already rubbish and having the Wi-Fi on all the time makes it die quicker!

Also, I dropped my phone and the outer screen has cracked but my phone still works fine, these problems were from before I dropped it.

Any help will be kindly appreciated!

Thanks.
    05-11-13 01:36 PM
    First thing I would be trying is a backup and wipe, reload the OS and make sure its not a software problem. If the problem still happens after that then get onto T-Mobile tech support and they should be able to see about a repair/swap of the phone as it will still be in warranty.

HTH
    05-11-13 03:33 PM
    First thing I would be trying is a backup and wipe, reload the OS and make sure its not a software problem. If the problem still happens after that then get onto T-Mobile tech support and they should be able to see about a repair/swap of the phone as it will still be in warranty.

HTH
    I have tried to do that but for some reason my BlackBerry Desktop Manager won't recognize my phone for some reason... I've tried uninstalling and re installing and rebooting my laptop many times but no joy! Its a Sony Vaio running Windows 8 if that helps in any way? Whenever I plug my phone in, the clock comes up and it gives me three option 'USB Drive', 'Sync Media' and 'Charge Only' I've tried all 3 of them but the only thing that happens is that two windows open up, one which is my Micro SD card and then the built-in storage. Then when I open up the Blackberry Desktop Manager, it just says 'Connect your Blackberry Device'. So the backing up and wiping then reloading the OS option is kind of out the window until my Desktop Manager works! Is there anyway I can reload the OS without Desktop Manager?

Thank you for help so far.
    05-11-13 07:07 PM
    Looks like when you dropped the phone was when the damage occured. You need to take it for repair but whether T-Mobile will cover it under warranty is a bit iffy. Worth a try though. You probably damaged the antenna in the fall which is why you can't get a signal.
    05-12-13 02:29 PM
    You can check the antenna stickers by taking the phone apart. They can become missaligned if the phone is dropped.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:54 PM
    You can check the antenna stickers by taking the phone apart. They can become missaligned if the phone is dropped.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but the OP is still under warranty. So a visit to T-Mobile is still the first option.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-12-13 08:58 PM