Hi,

I need help, i got a dead pixel on my BB ..like having brownish/red spot in the centre of the screen (please find attachment). I dont know how it happen cause i was in a rush situation yesterday.

What really went wrong with my screen & how can it be fix?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Bold 9900 screen problem-dsc_0455.jpg  
    04-23-13 10:07 PM
    That doesn't look like a dead pixel to me since it is an odd shape. This appears on every screen? Have you tried a battery pull? I had an issue with the bottom right of my screen and a battery pull, surprisingly , resolved it. Otherwise do you have insurance or my warranty through your carrier?
    04-23-13 10:25 PM
    That doesn't look like a dead pixel to me since it is an odd shape. This appears on every screen? Have you tried a battery pull? I had an issue with the bottom right of my screen and a battery pull, surprisingly , resolved it. Otherwise do you have insurance or my warranty through your carrier?
    Yeah it appear every screen, looks like permanent stain or scratch. i did try the battery pull & but it still there. But i will look at this first for few days then maybe considering replace a new screen. Also the warranty is already ended..need to repair by my self or phone shop.

Was looking & found this screen replacement parts..any idea can it fit at my bold 9900?
    Amazon.com: Original Blackberry Bold 9900, 9930 LCD Display Screen Assembly w/ Touch Digitizer 001/111 OEM: Cell Phones & Accessories

thanks
    04-23-13 10:39 PM
    Two things about that. First it says you should check the back of your screen to see if this number matches.001/111-1. Check that out first. Second, in the reviews it says it was easy and all tools are included but in the actual description it has "tools and instructions not included". I would contact the seller to verify since that is conflicting. One last thing when it comes to phones which is not that known is that many carriers offer extended warrantys which is about 2 dollars a month. They try to sell you an expensive option for insurance that covers loss and damage. The extended warranty for 2 dollars a month covers any manufacturer defects except for the battery. For 24 dollars a year to extend the original warranty it pays for itself in these instances.
    04-23-13 10:54 PM
    Yeah it appear every screen, looks like permanent stain or scratch. i did try the battery pull & but it still there. But i will look at this first for few days then maybe considering replace a new screen. Also the warranty is already ended..need to repair by my self or phone shop.

Was looking & found this screen replacement parts..any idea can it fit at my bold 9900?
    Amazon.com: Original Blackberry Bold 9900, 9930 LCD Display Screen Assembly w/ Touch Digitizer 001/111 OEM: Cell Phones & Accessories

thanks
    Hi ncik88, thank you for the heads up, appreciate it very much & sorry for the slow response. Being busy lately.

About my screen it happen become more worsen, from a small red dot & now this

Bold 9900 screen problem-p1030558.jpg

Any idea why is this happen? Can it be fix coz i dont think it was LCD screen. Is it the touch digitizer problem?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Bold 9900 screen problem-p1030558.jpg  
    05-04-13 01:41 AM