Hi,

My son has a Blackberry Bold 9900, recently it has been rebooting getting stuck in boot loops. Occasionally it boots and works ok and sometimes it get stuck in a boot loop again. I am pretty experienced with flashing android phones so I attempted to reload the software following the apploader.

I located the software used apploader and successfully began the software update but even during this process it was rebooting, I managed to eventually stall the software and tried updating the software via Blackberry desktop software but once again it rebooted half way through the update.

Is this a battery issue or is there another explanation for the constant reboots
    03-29-13 06:02 PM
    Well, I got a similar problem a few months ago, totally random reboots. Tried to reload software, wiped, did everything I knew to do. Then I found the problem : battery door. It looked like it was a bit loose, so I put a bit of tape on the battery so it stays very strong. All went back to normal after this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-30-13 04:57 AM
    Clean battery contacts on both phone and battery using proper electrical contact cleaner solution and a soft bristle toothbrush. A little goes a long way. You can pickup @ Radio Trap, HD, Lowes, etc... (assuming you're in the US)

Don't use sandpaper!!!

If that doesn't help, get a new battery. I had one battery that would cause random reboots. Replacing it resolved the issue. Could be failing cell, connection issue, etc inside battery.
    03-30-13 11:48 AM
    I use a pencil eraser to clean the terminals.
    03-30-13 04:09 PM
    try getting the software reload process started without the battery, then when its time that it connects to the jvm just put the battery in and let it continue
    03-31-13 02:18 AM
    Although it rebooted part way through the update process it completed successfully, now when I charge the battery it charges for a few minutes then reboots constantly even when I have switched it off it just turns itself on and reboots, sometimes it stays on for 10 minutes if I switch it on myself but as soon as it starts rebooting it goes in a loop. I'm convinced now although the battery is definitely draining quickly and may need replacing this is an issue other than the battery.

Any idea's
    03-31-13 09:20 AM