Booya: hehehhe.

Got lucky. Only had one THX LADY @ ROGERS PLUS>
    Last edited by Broly; 08-10-11 at 11:56 AM.
    08-10-11 11:49 AM
    Where is that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 11:54 AM
    It's a city in a province called Alberta, in the great country known as Canada
    mechanic_joe and makki403 like this.
    08-10-11 11:57 AM
    Nice.

I ended up pre-ordering one for Telus at Best Buy in the West End..though I'm still on the lookout if any other place here in Edmonton sells them.
    08-10-11 12:26 PM
    sweet ive been looking around E-town but no luck so far.
    08-10-11 12:48 PM
    I was at Best Buy at South Edmonton Common and they had quite a few Bold 9900's for the Roger's network.
    08-10-11 12:51 PM
    Best Buy on 137 had 5 Future Shop on 137 & 97st had a bunch (8ish) neither would sell outright. Rogers store in Northgate said it's not in their system so they can't sell.

aaaaargh!

All I want today is the same phone I wanted 4 years ago and it is so close I can taste it!
    08-10-11 01:01 PM
    where oh where did you get it? i have a couple friends who work for rogers but cannot sell it outright. Where did you get it?!!?
    08-10-11 01:13 PM
    Best Buy on 137 had 5 Future Shop on 137 & 97st had a bunch (8ish) neither would sell outright. Rogers store in Northgate said it's not in their system so they can't sell.

aaaaargh!

All I want today is the same phone I wanted 4 years ago and it is so close I can taste it!
    The sales person at the Best Buy in South Edmonton Common wanted to sell me Bold 9900 today. He said I would be the first one to buy the Bold at the store.
    08-10-11 01:34 PM
    It wasn't in the Rogers plus store system either. The lady was awesome though and she called it in. The rogers CSRs on the 1800 line can enter the IMEI no problem. The retailer systems aren't ready for it yet.

If you have to wait because of system issues: Tell them to call Rogers to do it (it's painless). If they won't, then you've gotta wait till the 13th.
    08-10-11 01:48 PM
    The sales person at the Best Buy in South Edmonton Common wanted to sell me Bold 9900 today. He said I would be the first one to buy the Bold at the store.
    I live in St Albert but would happily drive to SC if I knew I could get one off contract today. I did try it out at BB in Castle Downs and it was everything I'd hoped... not stand out awesome in any way, just effortlessly perfect.
    08-10-11 01:54 PM
    It wasn't in the Rogers plus store system either. The lady was awesome though and she called it in. The rogers CSRs on the 1800 line can enter the IMEI no problem. The retailer systems aren't ready for it yet.

If you have to wait because of system issues: Tell them to call Rogers to do it (it's painless). If they won't, then you've gotta wait till the 13th.
    ok, I'm in! I'm just across the street from where the lady told be she couldn't do it 'cause it wasn't in the system... I'm going back there in 10 minutes after I pay my bar tab attempt at drowning my sorrows! Wish me luck!
    08-10-11 01:56 PM
    to save u the trouble after calling like 10x south common WILL NOT let you purchase outright until next month.
    08-10-11 03:28 PM
    Rogers plus at Northwood won't sell outright even after one of the best retentions reps I've ever spoken with had them on the phone for 5 minutes. Other crappy news, no new credits for me although the dude "really did try".

When will these guys realize that die-hard BlackBerry users are a shrinking commodity and we should be cherished. I'll bet that some of these a55es will loosen up a little when they still have some of these on their shelves after a few days. Retentions dude spent 45 mins with me but they still don't have them available and couldn't help me directly.

c'mon guys... I even have my wife's permission this time!
    08-10-11 03:56 PM
    Sorry to hear that Anatomy.

I know that when I bought the 9900 she initially said she could only sell it outright due to the fact that their system didn't accept the IMEI.

The lady said that she would check anyways, and I knew after speaking with Rogers earlier, that they would indeed be able to put the phone through.

I was doing a HUP, but they wanted to sell it outright because they didn't want to deal with the system not accepting the IMEI. But after the painless phone call and assigning the IMEI to my account, things were quick.

That's so strange that many places aren't selling outright, especially when my experience almost had me buy it outright ;P

I only went to the Rogers plus since it was the closest. :S

There has to be places allowing you to buy it out. Try bell, now that they sent an expedited release memo?
    08-10-11 04:47 PM
    A super kind and diligent Crackberry member helped me out today!

the transaction went exactly as it should have... "I'd like to buy a BlackBerry 9900" "will that be an upgrade for you" "no, I'd like to buy it outright" "I'll be right back sir" "that will be $57x" "thank you"

I still have some software registration to go but I'm otherwise moved in and I'm loving it!
    08-10-11 07:11 PM
    For all you edmontonians who want the phone, GO to bonniedoon mall. Me and anatomy both picked ours up from there. Beware of the reps there tho. the chubbier man pretended like they were not relased until the other rep stepped in and told him to check the back. He did and got the phone and started ranting about how he didnt know and he doesnt like taking customers words when customers says they are released and people before have picked it up.
    08-10-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD