Hello,

After listening todays conference and all, I am little disappointed at how RIM has pretty much ditched the Bold 9900 along with all other handsets. The Bold 9900 hasnt even been around 1 year and all this talk about BB10 pretty much leaves me to believe RIM no longer support this device as all focus will be afforded to BB10.

I understand that it is a necessary move, but I dont see why they shouldnt release a BB10 version for current hardware.

I just bought a BB9900 and I would hate to return it because its already obsolete.
    05-01-12 08:38 PM
    Sure...so you think they're dumping support for the 9900? Wow...good thing you were tuned into that call huh? You should dump it now and get an iPHONE.
    05-01-12 08:44 PM
    I just got mine today and I'm so happy with it... so far! What needs improving besides the battery life? I know one thing... this phone is fast! Still getting setup, but it all went seamlessly all I had to do was enter passwords. This is a nice step up from the Bold 9700! I'm so ampd to use it with my Playbook!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-01-12 08:53 PM
    hahahhaa um....still other choice in the market
    we have iphone and android...
    maybe you want to consider the other ones instead for 9900 for now

for me 9900 is solid phone and suit me right
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:15 PM
    I just got mine today and I'm so happy with it... so far! What needs improving besides the battery life? I know one thing... this phone is fast! Still getting setup, but it all went seamlessly all I had to do was enter passwords. This is a nice step up from the Bold 9700! I'm so ampd to use it with my Playbook!
    I've had 9900's since they were released but only just got a pb��such a cool combo as you say.

I should have done it sooner!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:16 PM
    Hello,

After listening todays conference and all, I am little disappointed at how RIM has pretty much ditched the Bold 9900 along with all other handsets. The Bold 9900 hasnt even been around 1 year and all this talk about BB10 pretty much leaves me to believe RIM no longer support this device as all focus will be afforded to BB10.

I understand that it is a necessary move, but I dont see why they shouldnt release a BB10 version for current hardware.

I just bought a BB9900 and I would hate to return it because its already obsolete.
    Didn't we all take a leap of faith when we purchased our 99xx, OS7 units?

I thought this was old news that we may or may not (most likely not) get whatever the next version of BlackBerry OS was going to be (now we know it's BB10)..
    05-01-12 09:18 PM
    I just got my 9930 yesterday and what a combo . I'm not gonna worry about this, that and the other. I'm just going to enjoy my PlayBook and 9930. I usually keep my devices for about 2 years anyway and by then the BB10 should be running at a good pace
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:29 PM
    I just got my 9930 yesterday and what a combo . I'm not gonna worry about this, that and the other. I'm just going to enjoy my PlayBook and 9930. I usually keep my devices for about 2 years anyway and by then the BB10 should be running at a good pace
    I went away from blackberry for a while..dabbled with Android and almost grabbed an iPhone..needless to say, very glad I came back and picked up a 9930/PlayBook combo..dont see how you can beat it..
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:32 PM
    I went away from blackberry for a while..dabbled with Android and almost grabbed an iPhone..needless to say, very glad I came back and picked up a 9930/PlayBook combo..dont see how you can beat it..
    This 9930/PlayBook combo reminds me of....bread and butter, peanut butter and jelly, sand and beach.....ect........it just fits....
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:37 PM
    Lol! Now you know what you have been missing all those time.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:38 PM
    Lol! Now you know what you have been missing all those time.
    YES, I tip my hat to the superior intellect.....LOL...you were right byul....LOL
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-01-12 09:48 PM
    I thought the point of Blackberry was business and just a solid phone in general.
    But I guess RIM is selling out & going with the all touch screen to stay in the competition.

Makes me wonder if I should get me a 9930 or just stay with my iPhone 4s,
    because BB10 looks like it will end being another platform similar to android and iPhone.
    05-01-12 10:50 PM
    um... i just watched crackberry's video
    and maybe no physical keyboard in the future bb10 is a good thing overall
    cuz its will be all based on finger gestures and stuff...
    so you might able to type with the same speed with bigger screen

but i still liek the physical keyboard, lets just wait and see what bb10 will do in the future before we decided what happen....
    05-01-12 10:59 PM
    Let's be clear: BB7 was originally scheduled to be replaced months ago, which is why RIM didn't promote it very heavily. It isn't being "discontinued", exactly, either, since RIM will continue to produce phones that use it.

For instance, I'm going to speculate that RIM will be abandoning its current confusing model lineup of Bolds and Curves, but that they will likely both remain in production for a while following the BB10 launch. Why? Well, corporate customers will want time to validate BB10, for instance, and will want BB7 phones to remain available in the meantime. As well, these phones will be more affordable for developing markets, where Blackberry is still enjoying healthy growth.

RIM has said that a keyboard BB10 WILL be available, likely Q1 next year. The truth is, while physical keyboards still have many fans (me included), the vast majority of buyers are looking for a full-touch device.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-01-12 11:05 PM
    fact is, you just cant please everyone. RIM is fighting against nonbelievers and I think we all know for certain that a comeback is imminent. while RIM might have to focus its resources on BB10 instead of 7, its definitely a decision that will keep them moving forward and probably the best business decision.
    05-02-12 01:16 AM
    RIM is in this to make money by selling hardware. Their only chance of survival is to make some decent BB10 hardware. The 9900 was a disappointment and RIM is moving on but they will, for some time support the 9900 series just like the have in past phones.

RIM is trying to get some press going on the BB10, it is their final chance!
    05-02-12 05:45 AM
    I understand how some might feel but I am taking the wait and see approach before I jump to BB10. I still have the storm memories from not so far back. BB10 is Rims last chance and so far its looking good and I hope its a winner! For now I like my bold and I will keep it for at least another 6 months or so. The only thing I hope BB10 has is a phyical keyboard and track pad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 06:05 AM
    I understand how some might feel but I am taking the wait and see approach before I jump to BB10. I still have the storm memories from not so far back. BB10 is Rims last chance and so far its looking good and I hope its a winner! For now I like my bold and I will keep it for at least another 6 months or so. The only thing I hope BB10 has is a phyical keyboard and track pad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Said it before and will say it again.

No full size physical keyboard = No reason to buy a BB10 phone.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    05-02-12 06:08 AM
    You are aware that the life cycle of a smartphone is about 1 year aren't you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 06:53 AM
    I have to agree with BlueChez overall point. Not sure why they would go away from physical keyboard, I would have to assume MANY, MANY who have stuck with RIM have done so because of the keyboard.....To go away from that seems dangerous.....at the very least.
    05-02-12 07:03 AM
    I have to agree with BlueChez overall point. Not sure why they would go away from physical keyboard, I would have to assume MANY, MANY who have stuck with RIM have done so because of the keyboard.....To go away from that seems dangerous.....at the very least.
    Do you guys read anything before you post? There WILL be a physical keyboard BB10 device. Heins said it along with everyone else at Rim that has spoken about it. The all touch will be first, which makes sense. Stop freaking out.
    The 9900 will have OS support for a long, long time. My 9700 was getting new OS updates until recently ffs. The 9900 is a great device, even if it can't run BB10. BB7 is fantastic in its own right.
    Thunderbuck and Fnord like this.
    05-02-12 07:49 AM
    You are aware that the life cycle of a smartphone is about 1 year aren't you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Make that about three.
    07-03-13 11:15 AM
    Hello,

After all, the bold is their flagship device, and changing your flagship device in my opinion is never a good business move
    07-03-13 11:17 AM
    After all, the bold is their flagship device, and changing your flagship device in my opinion is never a good business move
    Really? You resurrected a thread that's over a year old to tell us that it's a bad business move to change the flagship device for the company?

Someone needs to tell Apple and Samsung this. They've clearly been doing it wrong for years.

What BlackBerry needs to start doing is instead of making one OS per phone line, allow the older phones to get the newer updates. Why do you think there are still so many people out there with an iPhone 4 (not the 4S)? They are still able to get the latest version of iOS - I'm fairly certain that the iPhone 4 will be getting the iOS 7 update. Might not be able to use ALL the features, but if the majority of them are software changes, give to everyone. Don't make people buy a new phone to try out the new stuff.

I think that's a big part of what has sunk BlackBerry over the years, in addition to all the normal complacency related things.

JB
    Reds InHell likes this.
    07-03-13 02:02 PM
    I love the 9930!
    07-03-13 06:30 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD