I've a bold 9900. orig it is a Rogers wireless phone. has been unlocked to work on Telus. is working well EXCEPT the gps works verry intermittently. If I switch it off and on b4 I using any gps apps, it will work once. if it goes to sleep or locked, it will stop to work and no satellite can be found. I tried it with the bb hardware test and the result is the same. I got this off Craigslist (with receipt) and had this problem since day one. Do you think this is a hardware or software problem? Many thanks in advance!
    07-31-13 04:05 AM
    I've a bold 9900. orig it is a Rogers wireless phone. has been unlocked to work on Telus. is working well EXCEPT the gps works verry intermittently. If I switch it off and on b4 I using any gps apps, it will work once. if it goes to sleep or locked, it will stop to work and no satellite can be found. I tried it with the bb hardware test and the result is the same. I got this off Craigslist (with receipt) and had this problem since day one. Do you think this is a hardware or software problem? Many thanks in advance!
    Well, if the TEST shows problems there may be issues. But a question or two. Where are you using it? Inside or in a parking garage? In a very rural area? (no cell towers to help the location) Clear view of sky?
    07-31-13 12:12 PM
    All location. I tried it outside outside of my place. 2 blocks away. Other side of the city etc no difference. So the gps in the 9900 should not be that bad, right?

Thanks
    07-31-13 10:59 PM
    Have you tried using BB Traffic. It provides mapping and direction - it might help you decide if it is working or not (is it available in Canada?)
    08-01-13 11:07 AM
    Well, it is not evening working in control panel. I have found a way to make it work. If i turn off the gps most of the time and only turn it on when needed. It works most of the time. Very strange.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-13 08:46 PM