they should thank you, the more you the more it ll sell
    Its either
    A- the phone is half baked. They don't want public to see how halllf baked it is YET,
    Or
    B- They suck at ideas and marketing, when someone sees a leaked deviice, it may interest the person and go for the buy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 05:18 PM
    Its either
    A- the phone is half baked. They don't want public to see how halllf baked it is YET,
    Or
    B- They suck at ideas and marketing, when someone sees a leaked deviice, it may interest the person and go for the buy

A. Even half-baked, it looks terrific! As long as it is upgradeable, I don't really care, it will have all BB standards to begin with (at least) plus new awesome features.

and

B. They do suck at marketing.

but

C. they don't suck at ideas
    06-23-11 05:25 PM
    Hey, could we make this thread a sticky until the phone comes out, it actually is an awesome leak and my first "live"
    06-23-11 05:29 PM
    D- just give crackberry users the freakin phone already!
    06-23-11 05:32 PM
    yeah, let us be rats lab for rim
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    06-23-11 06:02 PM
    Hey eve6er69,

The battery is 1230 mAh. It is better than the battery on the 9700.

By the time of that 1st writing on page 1, it has been on for 10 hours after the 1st full charge, it was 70% left. It went on for about almost 2 days. I turned it off the second night tho.

I'm confident that it could go for 2 days with heavy usage like 3G on all the time, with push email + BBM, social feeds checking every 2 hours, oh and I also use Beejive for my other IM needs.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Congrats to the Bruins and Boston. I know Fall River is 45mins away but still, you should be proud to be living in a city that won 7 titles over the last 9 years.
    thank you for clearing that up for me. so it seems to be like my 9650 with the 2600 battery on it.

yeah we partied here hard for the bruins win. i was in fall river for the game and for the celebration i took the train into boston and partied untill i had to go to work the next morning, lol

you should add me on bbm, if you want to pm me your pin or just pm me to ask and i will share it.
    06-23-11 09:33 PM
    just for sh!ts and giggles b/c i was taking a break from studying, i was comparing the speeds of the web loading times with my iphone 3gs that im borrowing. now i know the sites have changed since when this video was produced, but my iphone 3gs consistently beat both phones' browser test.

i'll try it again using the same websites as the video (hopefully with new and updated content on those same sites) to see if my iphone is still able to beat them.

the only thing i can think of is that bandwidth was probably an issue where they were when the video was made b/c of all the users versus my home which is a 3mb/s wifi connection and just myself.

im curious to see how it compares in a strict and controlled enviroment versus some of the newer androids, ip4, and the most available bb's out today.
    The Wifi at the place was under a lot of stress.. 100's of people using it. You have to use the same exact wifi to be fair [:
    maevinj likes this.
    06-24-11 12:04 AM
    CMKNIGHT I am about to die!! Where is this Bold VS iPhone browser comparison I refresh this page every hour to see if its up yet :/
    06-25-11 04:10 PM
    that s right cmknight, where have you been, this post has been all too quiet since a few days, had trouble with the upgrade?rim caught up with you?
    06-25-11 04:20 PM
    hello guys,

I'm back. I'm still here, I had to slow it down a little on the leaks. But updates will still come until it's officially available to the public.

I've just upgraded to the newest leak OS 7.0.0.187.

Browser speed on 3G: the Bold 9900 beat the iPhone 4 by a mere 2 seconds. Same results with wifi. Unfortunately, I lost the video with wifi. So I only have the video to compare both browser on 3G.

Here you go: browser speed comparison test video. Sorry if my English isnt perfect

abass, m23haz, sleepngbear and 3 others like this.
    06-25-11 11:01 PM
    hello guys,

I'm back. I'm still here, I had to slow it down a little on the leaks. But updates will still come until it's officially available to the public.

Browser speed on 3G: the Bold 9900 beat the iPhone 4 by a mere 2 seconds. Same results with wifi. Unfortunately, I lost the video with wifi. So I only have the video to compare both browser on 3G.

Here you go: browser speed comparison test video. Sorry if my English isnt perfect

Awe mann!! You should have showed a full site loading too I am happy to see the Bold 9900 win [: but we need a full site loaded and maybe on wifi seeing as thats what I'm gonna be using the most. Appreciate it though [:
    06-25-11 11:04 PM
    Gah, looks great!
    06-25-11 11:07 PM
    hello guys,

Very nice. Is it just me, or does that thing look huge next to the iP4?! Not that I have a problem with that...

Thank you again!
    06-25-11 11:10 PM
    Very nice. Is it just me, or does that thing look huge next to the iP4?! Not that I have a problem with that...

Thank you again!
    I like it. I seriously think I'm in love.
    06-25-11 11:17 PM
    The problem is RIM may be a bit gun-shy after all the negative press about how the PlayBook was not ready for prime time.

Also, if the devices are in the hands of the carriers, that indicates that RIM is basically waiting for the carrier approval to start shipping. Or to get ready to start shipping.
    06-25-11 11:20 PM
    My appologies if I missed it, but how does the broswser score in the html5 test?

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
    06-25-11 11:38 PM
    Thanks a lot, I agree with a previous comment that the screen actually looks bigger than the IP4 ;p
    Would be great to have a full site loaded, crackberry.com is a helluva beast to load, even on a desktop...
    06-26-11 08:59 AM
    Reason I asked about the html5 test is full site browsing. My hybrid Essex already out performs the iphone in capability, and nearly in full browser speed. I'd love to see just how much faster the 9930 is. It's hard to judge with mobile exactly how much better, because it loads so fast.
    06-26-11 09:17 AM
    Is the screen plastic or glass?

06-26-11 09:21 AM
    Is the screen plastic or glass?

It is glass.
    06-26-11 01:06 PM
    Great information, thanks so much for your effort. I do have a question for everyone out there though. Do you think AT&T will be releasing the 9900 this fall with 4G?
    I'm still wondering if anyone has any information with 4G on AT&T since they are selling phones now saying "4G."
    06-26-11 07:56 PM
    I'm still wondering if anyone has any information with 4G on AT&T since they are selling phones now saying "4G."

Sorry, but simple answer: "No" :/

It would destroy the great battery life on the phone etc. RIM just is not ready to be releasing a 4G BB yet. And people have said it wouldn't be true 4G anyways yet because its going through BIS which makes it not a direct connection. RIM is just not ready for 4G, im sure when they are, you will see a much more powerful battery in the phone atleast [:

PS. I find it funny that you quoted yourself. That is all
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 06-26-11 at 08:27 PM.
    06-26-11 07:58 PM
    Sorry, but simple answer: "No" :/

It would destroy the great battery life on the phone etc. RIM just is not ready to be releasing a 4G BB yet. And people have said it wouldn't be true 4G anyways yet because its going through BIS which makes it not a direct connection. RIM is just not ready for 4G, im sure when they are, you will see a much more powerful batter in the phone [:

PS. I find it funny that you quoted yourself. That is all
    Very disappointed with that information, but thanks. Also, I wanted to bump myself and have the question there without posting it over and over again.
    06-26-11 08:08 PM
    Ok a little update:

My sources are telling me that 3 devices have been shipped to Vietnam. They are estimated to arrive in Vietnam by July 6th. However, these 3 devices are unbranded, even though AT&T is currently stocking about 20,000 units.

They will, supposedly, have a launching event around July 25th - 27th. And the devices will be available States side by 7/8th of August.

I will keep you updated once i hear anything new.

God bless,
    JUSTQUAN2, johnmarki and Guatiao like this.
    06-27-11 03:43 AM
    Ok a little update:

My sources are telling me that 3 devices have been shipped to Vietnam. They are estimated to arrive in Vietnam by July 6th. However, these 3 devices are unbranded, even though AT&T is currently stocking about 20,000 units.

They will, supposedly, have a launching event around July 25th - 27th. And the devices will be available States side by 7/8th of August.

I will keep you updated once i hear anything new.

God bless,

AHHHHHH, yet BLAHHHHH. Appreciate the updates BUT I wish it came July and not in August So there is probably no way that it will come in July to the US? Like DEFINITELY August says your sources? :/
    06-27-11 04:04 AM
205 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD