Enjoy the Bold Touch 9900 Gallery. Have had it for less than an hour and am totally loving it.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Gallery | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest
    07-29-11 05:02 AM
    Enjoy the Bold Touch 9900 Gallery. Have had it for less than an hour and am totally loving it.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Gallery | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest
    I see you have a Windows Phone 7, BB7, and iOS phone (among other ones). I always considered WP7 and iOS the most fluid of the mobile platforms.

How does BB7 compare in that sense when say scrolling, panning, or using pinch to zoom?

Thanks in advance and congrats.
    07-29-11 05:19 AM
    Where is your 9860?
    07-29-11 05:28 AM
    Scrolling is really really smooth on 9900. RIM is finally using GPU acceleration and the results are extremely noticeable compared to their previous devices. Is it as smooth as WP7 or iOS? Not sure- I think WP7 is very very smooth and better than most other devices I have. What I can say is that the 9900 isn't the least bit frustrating when scrolling or zooming.

Abbas

I see you have a Windows Phone 7, BB7, and iOS phone (among other ones). I always considered WP7 and iOS the most fluid of the mobile platforms.

How does BB7 compare in that sense when say scrolling, panning, or using pinch to zoom?

Thanks in advance and congrats.
    johnmarki and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    07-29-11 05:56 AM
    Thanks for the pics, it looks like a really solid phone and the display is very nice.
    07-29-11 06:55 AM
    Thanks for the pics was really debating on this or the 9810. But after seeing the 9900 next to the torch looks llike the 9900 is my next device
    johnmarki likes this.
    07-29-11 07:04 AM
    Thanks for the pics, it looks like a really solid phone and the display is very nice.
    The display is REALLY sharp with the text appearing as good as iPhone's Retina Display. Even though the iPhone has a higher resolution, it has a bigger screen size as well making the DPI between the two almost similar.
    johnmarki and bAAx like this.
    07-29-11 07:51 AM
    ......droool........
    07-29-11 08:00 AM
    I can't stop looking at these pics. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 08:07 AM
    I'm really REALLY liking the device. And you guys have seen my arsenal so it's not like I haven't used other devices. The 9900 is so snappy and fast. Can't seem to put it down.

Abbas
    07-29-11 08:16 AM
    will you be shooting a video review?

07-29-11 08:47 AM
    Definitely. Tell me which parts you guys want to specifically see and I'll make sure I record them.

will you be shooting a video review?

07-29-11 08:53 AM
    Ya Abbassss wallaou, how on Earth did you get this phone?!!??!

2ool tfaddal!
    07-29-11 08:58 AM
    Definitely. Tell me which parts you guys want to specifically see and I'll make sure I record them.
    I'd love to see more of the web browser on full sites like engadget or crackberry or even cnn. I'd also like to see how good the camera is and the sound quality of the speakers when using the music player. Thanks.
    07-29-11 09:15 AM
    looks really nice. can't wait for tmo to get it.

my concern is though bigger screen, bigger proc and smaller battery! how is battery life affected by these changes? compared to the 9780.
    07-29-11 09:26 AM
    I'd love to see more of the web browser on full sites like engadget or crackberry or even cnn. I'd also like to see how good the camera is and the sound quality of the speakers when using the music player. Thanks.
    What he said

07-29-11 09:39 AM
    Vitamin Wow

Ya Abbassss wallaou, how on Earth did you get this phone?!!??!

2ool tfaddal!
    07-29-11 09:41 AM
    Too early to talk about battery life- have barley had the device for a few hours. But definitely an area I am very much interested in as well

looks really nice. can't wait for tmo to get it.

my concern is though bigger screen, bigger proc and smaller battery! how is battery life affected by these changes? compared to the 9780.
    07-29-11 09:46 AM
    Me too! I'd love to see specifically how the browser handles text when you zoom in. (Especially the Crackberry WAP site!) For example what does it do on double tap to zoom. Then pinch to zoom in even farther. Ability to easily read web pages is the ONLY thing that would ever woo me back to a 3rd try at Android.

But wow, the extra half inch of screen really made a noticable difference. I have a 9650 which appears to be the same size as the qwerty BB you have in the 3rd comparison picture and looks to be a nice improvement. Very promising.

Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see some browser footage.
    07-29-11 09:46 AM
    Noted- will try to video all of those.

grover5 likes this.
    07-29-11 09:47 AM
    i just hope BB doesn't turn into android.. ton of features/widgets but no battery to power it all.

main i reason i came back to BB was for the excellent battery life. crossing fingers BB doesn't disappoint, cause this is what i have been wanting for long time keyboard/touch combo.
    07-29-11 10:03 AM
    Can we get a video?!
    07-29-11 01:38 PM
    i just hope BB doesn't turn into android.. ton of features/widgets but no battery to power it all.

main i reason i came back to BB was for the excellent battery life. crossing fingers BB doesn't disappoint, cause this is what i have been wanting for long time keyboard/touch combo.
    observation from other people on the forum who had this device and testing it is that battery life is on par with 9700/9780, if not worse.

The other variables, like network coverage, apps, mix of usage make it tricky to compare.
    07-29-11 04:21 PM
    is the phone a dust collector?
    07-29-11 04:26 PM
    My 9000 is now 4 years old and finally a worthy replacement is coming 9900/9930.
    Abbas, you're killing me with those pictures. I feel like a kid again waiting for Xmas. Except Xmas always comes on time
    07-29-11 05:05 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD