If the rumors are true, then we could be seeing a QNX BB as early as 1st Q 2012!

I've been more disappointed in the new Bold 9900 and we're still waiting for this device to be released in the States...I think I'd rather put my hopes towards the 1st QNX device by BB. I'm willing to wait. However, if the rumor about the processor remaining 1ghz is true then my fears of BB dumbing-down the QNX technology may be realized.

Please don't screw this one up RIM! Please.

Here's a link...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 08-09-11 at 09:08 PM.
    08-09-11 09:04 PM
    QNX will be gimped. It's the first QNX phone for them. It will most likely be delayed.
    08-09-11 09:07 PM
    Dude, I guarentee we don't see a QNX device for another year atleast.

UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-09-11 09:35 PM
    How exactly do you think QNX can be "dumbed down"?
    08-09-11 09:35 PM
    Dude, I guarentee we don't see a QNX device for another year atleast.

Care to put Money on that?
    I've got $100 that this time next year there has been at least 1 released, and 1 additional rumored QNX hand held device.
    08-09-11 09:37 PM
    rumors also state that it might not come with BES support from day 1 and that the phone it runs on may only be single core. It's not a big leap to think it could come as an upgrade to the 9900?
    08-09-11 09:43 PM
    Care to put Money on that?
    I've got $100 that this time next year there has been at least 1 released, and 1 additional rumored QNX hand held device.
    Lol "this time next year" gives you a pretty big gap. Talk quarters. I'll say the Q3 or Q4 is the first time we see a QNX device.

08-09-11 09:51 PM
    I could not imagine signing a three year contract in Canada. That is really weird how they do that. Getting on a 9900 contract right now and then in one year tease you with a QNX phone? That would be torture. Everybody that is buying off contract is doing a smart thing. I hate being locked into a 2 year contract with ATT. I have been holding off as long as possible before signing my life away. QNX sounds really nice but hopefully they put them on full screened devices.
    08-10-11 08:56 AM
    Easy choice for me - it will be the Colt. Till it comes out, my 9780 works very well for all of my needs.
    08-10-11 09:08 AM
    They should call it the Unicorn in recognition of its mythical status.
    BerryDiva and willtothewong like this.
    08-10-11 09:14 AM
    Lol "this time next year" gives you a pretty big gap. Talk quarters. I'll say the Q3 or Q4 is the first time we see a QNX device.

This Time next year would BE Q3 next year OR sooner.

I would venture Q2 more than Q3 for myself, but seeing as you said "Another year at least" I was just covering the required within 1 year. or less

sorry about the delay in response I remembered making this post, then forgot about it till this morning when betting someone else.
    08-19-11 11:23 AM
    I saw how well QNX turned out on the PB....I like OS7 just fine. I'll wait until at least this time next year before thinking about going with a QNX phone.
    08-19-11 11:36 AM
    I just wish if i were to purchase a 9930, that would be upgradable to the QNX.

I left blackberry when the 9630 could not be upgraded to OS 6 like the 9650 could. But I am itching to come back for that fine keyboard =D
    08-19-11 11:49 AM
    word coming out today says colt will be full touch device. I can't live without keyboard for business stuff. 9900/9930 is safe purchase in my opinion.
    08-19-11 11:18 PM
    If the rumors are true, then we could be seeing a QNX BB as early as 1st Q 2012!

I've been more disappointed in the new Bold 9900 and we're still waiting for this device to be released in the States...I think I'd rather put my hopes towards the 1st QNX device by BB. I'm willing to wait. However, if the rumor about the processor remaining 1ghz is true then my fears of BB dumbing-down the QNX technology may be realized.

Please don't screw this one up RIM! Please.

Here's a link...

How can you be disappointed in a device that you do not even own yet? That is the problem with people. Instead of going and playing with the device or purchasing it themselves, they get on here and start reading posts, most put up by people who can't make up their mind either way. They are so damn picky and nothing in life is perfect, but they try to make it so.

I wish people would stop complaining about how disappointed they are, how the phone can't turn lead to gold, how it can't wash their back or their clothing. Get off your bum, walk into the wireless store (You may be on AT&T but Verizon and Sprint (as of this coming Sunday) will have the devices in the store for you to play with) and try the devices out.

For goodness sake.
    08-19-11 11:51 PM
    Lol. If all I can do is "see" it then that does me no good. RIM needs to rele.... ahem. The carriers will need to release it in Q1 for me to care. If so, I'll buy that too. I really am an addict now. Heh.
    08-19-11 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD