The 9900 does NOT have have continuous focus. It has a fixed depth of field and that is all. There is no focusing of any type because the lens cannot move.
    this is a new point to this arguement.

so the camera for the auto focus moves? no wonder Rim could not put it on 9900 bcos the 9900 is too flat

but how did Apple put it on their flat phones?
    09-08-11 12:02 PM
    I appreciate the effort of the OP(something we need more on crackberry) and I know the OP meant well, but if you own the 9900, you cannot change its focus. It's a great camera with a great sensor, its just too bad the 9900 does not have a moveable lens so to we can adjust the focus. If you hold it farther away from the subject, you'll have good shots. Let's keep this thread constructive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It wasn't my intent to mislead. I was under the impression that the 9900 had true continuous focus as the only default focus mode vs. the 9780 that allowed you to choose between autofocus and contniuous.

Thanks for the comment.
    09-08-11 12:07 PM
    this is a new point to this arguement.

so the camera for the auto focus moves? no wonder RIm could not put it on 9900 bcos the 9900 is too flat

If you have ever used an SLR camera or even a pair of binoculars you'd notice that the front element of the lens changes its distance from the rear element in order to focus to a different point in the field of view. Apple managed it and it's a thinner phone.
    09-08-11 12:09 PM
    It wasn't my intent to mislead. I was under the impression that the 9900 had true continuous focus as the only default focus mode vs. the 9780 that allowed you to choose between autofocus and contniuous.

Thanks for the comment.
    So edit your post and at the top inform those who thanked you for the post that they may remove the thanks if they based it on the erroneous information.
    09-08-11 12:10 PM
    Read the entire thread. The OP is full of errors and misunderstanding of how the 9900 camera works. He should be ashamed he is collecting "thanks" and "likes" for such rubbish.
    Do you really grade what kind of a day you are having based on the number of "thank you" or "like" in an internet chat room? My gosh! How old are you?

Do I win a prize or collect gifts based on the number of thanks and likes I collect? Where's the prize window!!!

Grow up ... I was trying to help.
    Last edited by drfever; 09-08-11 at 12:17 PM.
    09-08-11 12:11 PM
    . Apple managed it and it's a thinner phone.
    why cant RIM do same if Apple succeeded? i think RIM dont have an excuse for not giving us a better camera on 9900.

the slimness of the phone isn't an excuse again.
    09-08-11 12:13 PM
    Do you really grade what kind of a day you are having based on the number of "thank you" or "like" in an internet chat room? My gosh! How old are you?

Do I win a prize or collect gifts based on the number of thanks and likes I collect? Where's the prize window!!!

Grow up ... I was trying to help.
    The ridiculous amount of undeserved Thanks wrongly validates your post further which is a grave disservice to those who are researching camera concerns before buying the 9900. As usual you try to deflect any criticism of your post instead if fixing it. Be a man and do the right thing.
    drfever likes this.
    09-08-11 12:26 PM
    The ridiculous amount of undeserved Thanks wrongly validates your post further which is a grave disservice to those who are researching camera concerns before buying the 9900. As usual you try to deflect any criticism of your post instead if fixing it. Be a man and do the right thing.
    There you go sport!

Did it ever occur to you that people thank others some time for putting an effort into something, whether or not that information was useful to them?

There you go ... oh, and I just thanked you for continuing to monitor this thread and stay on top of your game. Does that mean I somehow like you? No. But I respect your perseverance and thanked you for it. Let me know if there are any good prizes at the checkout window.

For the 30th time ... It wasn't my intent to mislead.
    phonejunky and Duvi like this.
    09-08-11 12:39 PM
    He was trying to help, bro. Easy. Its happened to me before where I was trying to clarify something and I said something wrong. There are options for close-up pictures on the bold, so its very misleading. I think RIM intended to have an autofocus lens from the beginning too.
    drfever likes this.
    09-08-11 12:51 PM
    So edit your post and at the top inform those who thanked you for the post that they may remove the thanks if they based it on the erroneous information.

Wow people take this self-forum moderation role way too seriously...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 01:06 PM
    LMFAO!!!!! You're joking right? You're sad, come on it's not that serious.
    09-08-11 01:09 PM
    LMAO

Kevin, looks like you got someone here who wants to be a Mod of CB lol...thats some hilarious shizz coming from u dude...telling another poster to make adjustments to his op

What a sad unfulfilled life you must lead if you resort to this crappola
    09-08-11 01:11 PM
    these wont fit on the 9900.
    I can only see 2 reasons why these wouldn't work on the 9900. The magnetic ring isn't large enough in diameter or the adhesive isn't strong enough.

Have you tried it?

http://cdn.photojojo.net/store/aweso...1311811517.jpg
    09-08-11 01:11 PM
    "That's one point from Gryffindor!"
    09-08-11 02:47 PM
    Different form factor/construction
    09-08-11 03:08 PM
    The 9900 does NOT have have continuous focus. It has a fixed depth of field and that is all. There is no focusing of any type because the lens cannot move.
    Yes, it has no focus but since it has depth of field it DOESN'T need focus as everything is already in focus, from near to far away. Focus would only be needed for macro shots.

See these photos, from near to far everything is in focus, this would be imposibile with autofocus.

So is it better for a camera to need to focus or is it better to be always in focus?
    09-08-11 03:20 PM
    You might think this picture is not that great but get this, it was taken at 70mph and the other car was traveling in the opposite direction at 70mph too, so that's the equivalent of trying to shoot a car driving past you at 140mph, pretty good no, considering I just held the phone sideways and just took the shot without looking.
    09-08-11 03:25 PM
    This has got to be the picture of the day lol, taken today in Dublin.
    Better get out of the way beatch lol
    09-08-11 03:28 PM
    You might think this picture is not that great but get this, it was taken at 70mph and the other car was traveling in the opposite direction at 70mph too, so that's the equivalent of trying to shoot a car driving past you at 140mph, pretty good no, considering I just held the phone sideways and just took the shot without looking.
    I believe you don't even realize that the BMW is "squished" because the shutter is not fast enough. LOL. Looks like Spongebob.

Nevermind.

Oh and btw, to answer your question of how to take a better pic in a dark room - try any AF-BB or iPhone/Android with AF... just saying.
    09-09-11 12:07 AM
    Yes, it has no focus but since it has depth of field it DOESN'T need focus as everything is already in focus, from near to far away. Focus would only be needed for macro shots.

See these photos, from near to far everything is in focus, this would be imposibile with autofocus.

So is it better for a camera to need to focus or is it better to be always in focus?
    This is not true.

You should have a look at photography first. Look at a lens - after a short range of focus, there is an "infinite" focus-ring which means everything will be in focus after the range of the lens that needs to be focused.

The difference with a BB 9900 like-lens is that there is no way to make anything below that range sharp...

btw - did you realize that even in mid-day sunlight the pics are all "crumpy" and full of artifacts?.... BAD.
    09-09-11 12:10 AM
    This is not true.

You should have a look at photography first. Look at a lens - after a short range of focus, there is an "infinite" focus-ring which means everything will be in focus after the range of the lens that needs to be focused.

The difference with a BB 9900 like-lens is that there is no way to make anything below that range sharp...

btw - did you realize that even in mid-day sunlight the pics are all "crumpy" and full of artifacts?.... BAD.
    That was no mid day sunlight, it was a dark-ish cloudy day and the camera is pointing towards the light. And we're talking phone camera here not professional cameras.

09-09-11 12:30 AM
    I believe you don't even realize that the BMW is "squished" because the shutter is not fast enough. LOL. Looks like Spongebob.

Nevermind.

Oh and btw, to answer your question of how to take a better pic in a dark room - try any AF-BB or iPhone/Android with AF... just saying.
    At least it's not a long line of blur across the screen that would happen with AF if you tried that shot.

09-09-11 12:33 AM
    I can only see 2 reasons why these wouldn't work on the 9900. The magnetic ring isn't large enough in diameter or the adhesive isn't strong enough.

Have you tried it?

http://cdn.photojojo.net/store/aweso...1311811517.jpg
    no , i havent.
    09-09-11 06:24 AM
    Different form factor/construction
    the point is that RIM should stop saying it bcos 99** is flat thats why AF was sacrificed.
    09-09-11 06:25 AM
    This has got to be the picture of the day lol, taken today in Dublin.
    Better get out of the way beatch lol
    do you work with google?
    isnt that google logo on the pavement?
    09-09-11 06:28 AM
185 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD