My bold 9900 started to act up with email's not coming in ran diagnostic test on the phone
    everything was good except it said not connected to BIS. I then went into service status and the
    weird part said that BIS is connected through wifi . Yes my carrier TM still offers BIS and the checked
    it on there end everything looks good . Could be a problem on rim's end ?, or a hardware issue within
    the phone ? .
    12-08-20 06:04 PM
    My bold 9900 started to act up with email's not coming in ran diagnostic test on the phone
    everything was good except it said not connected to BIS. I then went into service status and the
    weird part said that BIS is connected through wifi . Yes my carrier TM still offers BIS and the checked
    it on there end everything looks good . Could be a problem on rim's end ?, or a hardware issue within
    the phone ? .
    It does still seem to be a carrier provisioning issue.

I don't think your 9 year old phone owes you much though.

BIS is being dropped around the world, 3G is at death's door, and BlackBerry is pulling the plug on BBOS backend services at the end of next year.
    12-08-20 06:10 PM
    the phone ? .
    Your on T-Mobile... which market?

I taught officially T-Mobile had ended it a while back. But few have found in their market it still worked, where as other markets it had been removed.

But if your in the USA, you have only a few weeks anyway... ending of 3G ends the 9900 on their network. TIme for plan something new anyway.

If your in another country... if could be anything. Hard to say with so few still trying to use these.
    12-09-20 11:22 AM
    I'm in NJ and could care less when they shutdown 3g , i'm considering going with a android blackberry either the priv or evolve
    12-09-20 01:24 PM
    I'm in NJ and could care less when they shutdown 3g , i'm considering going with a android blackberry either the priv or evolve

If your sticking with T-Mobile, the Evolve is easy to take off that list.... as it doesn't support any of T-Mobile's LTE Bands.
    12-09-20 01:52 PM
    I’d skip the PRIV since too many unnecessary issues for 2021 and I’d skip the Evolve for compatibility issues in the USA in general. If you insist on a VKB, the Motion, or PKB, either KEYone BE or Key2 should be fine other than no OS and second updates.
    12-09-20 02:09 PM
    Ya, you can pass on those.

Evolve won't work in N.A., and the Priv is as old as dirt in the Android world - it's completely non-secure and achingly slow.
    12-09-20 02:38 PM
    Ya, you can pass on those.

Evolve won't work in N.A., and the Priv is as old as dirt in the Android world - it's completely non-secure and achingly slow.
    I would have said that about the PRIV.... but then he is using a 9900, fast isn't one of his "core needs".

But agree.... in 2021, if using an always connected device (computer, tablet or phone) - it should be powered by a current OS that is fully protected. And then keep your fingers crossed.... BBOS and BB10 spoiled some, and gave some the wrong impression about needing updates. Android might not be nearly as kind to them.
    12-09-20 02:59 PM
    I would have said that about the PRIV.... but then he is using a 9900, fast isn't one of his "core needs".

But agree.... in 2021, if using an always connected device (computer, tablet or phone) - it should be powered by a current OS that is fully protected. And then keep your fingers crossed.... BBOS and BB10 spoiled some, and gave some the wrong impression about needing updates. Android might not be nearly as kind to them.
    That's the thing. BBOS never slowed down over time because the OS and the apps remained static for the last 10 years.

But in the world of Android and iOS, everything grows. The Instagram app, for example, was 9MB in 2015 and is 36MB today.
    12-09-20 03:10 PM
    That's the thing. BBOS never slowed down over time because the OS and the apps remained static for the last 10 years.

But in the world of Android and iOS, everything grows. The Instagram app, for example, was 9MB in 2015 and is 36MB today.
    I knew it wasn't just defective battery causing the old BlackBerry to bulge.
    12-09-20 08:37 PM

Still only a 3G/BIS throttled connection to the "web".... way too slow for me.
    12-10-20 09:22 AM