Hi guys,

As a patient Bold 9930 lover awaiting for the release on VZW, I open this thread to gather all info we can find about the cases and screen protectors for this badass phone. My favorite screen protector and case vendor is SGP, but they have had anything on their website yet.

So far, I have found some good products like Otterbox cases on Amazon marketplace like those:

Impact Amazon.com: Otterbox RBB1-9900S-20-E4OTR Impact Series Silicone Case for BlackBerry 9900/9930 Bold Touch - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Defender Amazon.com: Otterbox RBB2-9900S-20-E4OTR Defender Series Hybrid Case and Holster for BlackBerry 9900/9930 Bold Touch - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Commuter Amazon.com: Otterbox RBB4-9900S-20-E4OTR Commuter Case for BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900S - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I love the less-bulky feel of the Commuter one (I got one for my Bold 9000 and 9780 in the past), but I don't like the fact that the silicon layer catches dust easily. I might buy this again for my Bold and waiting for the screen protector from SGP.

Feel free to show us your favorite ones and the place to buy them. Thank you
    08-13-11 11:24 AM
    I don't have the phone yet, but I just ordered my 9900 Bold Impact Series case directly from O-Box. I'm a VzW customer and I'm planning on getting the 9930, but it appears that the case is no different for the 9900 as the 9930. If it is, I'll just return it. Although I don't know for sure, I suspect the BB 9900 series phone will be pretty popular right out of the gate and I don't want to take a chance on O-Box having this case back-ordered when I need it.

For me, the Impact series case has been perfect for my 9650. I have bigger hands (read: somewhat fat fingers), so the case being just off the edge of the keyboard, as opposed to right up to it, allows me to type effortlessly.
    08-13-11 11:43 AM
    I have the otterbox impact case, despite having no phone yet

Also expecting a case mate barely-there aluminium (black) which looks awesome.
    08-13-11 11:50 AM
    I'm going to be going with the OEM hard-shell case (black), and going to cut out the battery door compartment so the carbon fibre thread will show through. I love the look of it, don't want to cover it!

For screen protectors, I'm likely going to be getting Ghost Armor. They said it should be out within this coming week.
    08-13-11 11:59 AM
    Like you, I find SGP to have the best quality cases & screen protectors.

I emailed them a few days ago and received the following response:

Comment: I had previously purchased an SGP Illuzion case for my Sony Ericsson Xperia X1A.

Due to the excellent results of this case for the past 2 years, I am wondering if you will be making a similar case for the Blackberry Bold 9900.
    Thank you for contacting SGPstore.com Customer Service Department. Hi, my name is Peter from SGPstore.com.

We do not know if we are going to make cases for Blackberyy Bold 9900 model at this moment. Please check back our website for future update.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    08-13-11 12:11 PM
    I am looking for a pouch that can cover the whole device. Something in high quality leather. I don't mind paying a heavy price as long as the protection is good and keeps the phone as clean as it can be. Please advice/link me to a few products. Gracias!
    08-13-11 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD