Downloaded and installed this the moment this version came out. After a day or so this version seems stable, no significant difference on battery life, perhaps (not really sure) a bit more leak in memory.

Edit: I upgraded from 7.1.402.

Why isn't this thread made sticky?
    06-29-12 02:34 AM
    I installed this OS yeasterday have noticed that its very stable and battery life has increased but not dramatically.

A new features that I haven't seen in the previous 7.1's it now has the "Application resource monitor" which closes apps that drain to much battery and RAM memory, etc. However, it appears that they've removed the device analyzer that was in the previous 7.1.0.402

Responsiveness also seems better from my previous OS. I'm still tseting downloads and upload speeds but I'm having a problem with my carrier so I can't really say if I'll have any results.

Will post an update sometime.
    06-29-12 05:09 AM
    can't seems to run the exe file after i download. anyone had the same error?
    06-29-12 07:37 AM
    However, it appears that they've removed the device analyzer that was in the previous 7.1.0.402
    Device Analyzer is still there, it's just hidden now. You have to press Menu > Options then type Alt + BBDA to activate it.

Sent from my  Bold�
    06-29-12 08:35 AM
    For those of you who can't find Device Analyzer in this OS... http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Sent from my  Bold�
    andy957 likes this.
    06-29-12 08:43 AM
    can't seems to run the exe file after i download. anyone had the same error?
    Any can help?
    06-29-12 10:11 AM
    Can anyone help?
    If you're using a Mac, then it won't work. Use a PC.
    Otherwise redownload it and try again.

Sent from my  Bold�
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 06-29-12 at 10:27 AM.
    06-29-12 10:16 AM
    Nice to hear about OS7.1.0.523 this latest os,
    does this os support chinese input ?
    if this can i will upgrade to os7.1.0.523 this weekend

thank a lot
    06-29-12 10:53 AM
    Yes, seems to be a bit less snappy.

Device analyzer: Yes, it is there! Go to the screen where you would expect it, hold alt and type "BBDA".
    OMG BUDDY YOUR A F*CKING GENIUS!

I've been trying to figure out where the it was cuz its CLEARLY installed!

THANKS!!!!!!!
    06-29-12 12:19 PM
    If you're using a Mac, then it won't work. Use a PC.
    Otherwise redownload it and try again.

Sent from my  Bold™
    i'm using pc
    this is the error msg that i got.
    Last edited by ipos; 06-29-12 at 07:42 PM.
    06-29-12 06:35 PM
    i came from .402 leaked,
    my impressions are:
    1) better radio, i live in a place with weak coverage in 2G (now 3-4/5 bars, previously 2-3) and no 3G.
    2) same speed using the device
    3) battery life a bit improved
    ipos likes this.
    06-29-12 07:09 PM
    Huge Improvement For Me!!!! Constantly at 40�C - 50�C at the leaked 7.1.0.402, BUT... In this new official os, my temperature decreases to only 31�C - 36�C

Love it! Thanks for the guy who posted this OS here!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 10:51 PM
    Constantly at 40�C - 50�C at the leaked 7.1.0.402, BUT... In this new official os, my temperature decreases to only 31�C - 36�C
    Where can I see the device temperature?

Yesterday I installed this OS version.

I can't tell you much as just few hours have past but... using the device analyzer I can tell you that battery life has improved quite for me.

With .402 version my results was arround 5.5%.
    With .523 version my results is arround 3.5%

So I'm quite happy for the moment, I talk to you more on Monday when Weekend has passed and I could have more information.

By the way, I haven't seen many improvements, it works just as well as .402

Cheers from Barcelona!
    Last edited by Biulet; 06-30-12 at 03:49 AM.
    06-30-12 03:46 AM
    i'm using pc
    this is the error msg that i got.
    Click to view quoted image
    Which version did you download? Reason I ask is that I downloaded the all languages (International?) version and what I can see of the filename of your download bears no resemblance to that.

International version has worked fine for me

Edit: Just checked the OP's download link again & none of the offered downloads match what I can see of the filename of the file you downloaded
    Last edited by Cloudmaster; 06-30-12 at 04:56 AM.
    06-30-12 04:50 AM
    Which version did you download? Reason I ask is that I downloaded the all languages (International?) version and what I can see of the filename of your download bears no resemblance to that.

International version has worked fine for me

Edit: Just checked the OP's download link again & none of the offered downloads match what I can see of the filename of the file you downloaded
    I've download from the link posted in the first thread.
    Mind directing me to the link that u download successfully.

Thanks.
    06-30-12 06:21 AM
    I've download from the link posted in the first thread.
    Mind directing me to the link that u download successfully.

Thanks.
    I can only direct you back to the OP's link, I think I filled out a form before selecting my phone (might have been the other way round), and was offered an 'all languages' version and two Asian versions (see screenshot)
    06-30-12 06:31 AM

I can't tell you much as just few hours have past but... using the device analyzer I can tell you that battery life has improved quite for me.

So I'm quite happy for the moment, I talk to you more on Monday when Weekend has passed and I could have more information.

Cheers from Barcelona!

I downloaded "Graphical Menu Clock" from App World, but you have to buy it to use it, so that's that :/
    [IMG]heck again in next few hours.[/IMG]

06-30-12 07:08 AM
    I can only direct you back to the OP's link, I think I filled out a form before selecting my phone (might have been the other way round), and was offered an 'all languages' version and two Asian versions (see screenshot)
    that's exactly the same website.
    it's weird that i can't install this time. had no such problems previously
    06-30-12 07:10 AM

Cheers from Barcelona!

I'm using an application...

06-30-12 10:49 AM
    haha morning oredi installed ^.^
    quite nice for me
    add lot NFC function,
    parental control for adlut= =?

may i know how to estimate battery life?
    06-30-12 10:31 PM
    Huge Improvement For Me!!!! Constantly at 40�C - 50�C at the leaked 7.1.0.402, BUT... In this new official os, my temperature decreases to only 31�C - 36�C

Love it! Thanks for the guy who posted this OS here!

Constant 40�C - 50�C? Are you sure? Do you even know how hot 50�C is?

One thing for sure my meterberry temperature reading is definitely messed up on 7.1.402.
    07-01-12 11:36 PM
    So been using this update for a few days now so far so good seems to run smoother than 336 and I get some extra juice out of the battery

It has more NFC features a new Application resource manager and still has device analyzer if you go to where you expect it to be and holding "alt" and pressing "BBDA" to enable it

The radio also seems better then .336 since my signal doesnt jump around anymore

All in all Good update!

07-02-12 04:08 AM
    Forgive me if this has already been asked/discussed but I'm wondering if you are aware of any forthcoming Rogers/Bell 7.1 updates for the 9790. I'm asking you b/c if I ask them, they always give the "we don't know anything" canned response.

Happy Canada Day to you too.

Andy
    07-02-12 08:30 AM
    Forgive me if this has already been asked/discussed but I'm wondering if you are aware of any forthcoming Rogers/Bell 7.1 updates for the 9790. I'm asking you b/c if I ask them, they always give the "we don't know anything" canned response.

Happy Canada Day to you too.

Andy
    You'll get the same 'canned response' here too, because the ONLY ones who know when/if there will be a forthcoming OS7.1 update are the carriers themselves.

Why wait for them anyway? Use this one.

Sent from my  Bold�
    07-02-12 11:54 AM
    Battery seems a bit less than the leaked 402, but i'll give it some time to settle in.
    Overall a pretty responsive and solid build!
    07-02-12 12:16 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD