90 123 ...
tools
    06-27-12 11:16 AM
    Lets hope the battery is improved .....
    06-27-12 11:50 AM
    Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    xivius likes this.
    06-27-12 11:58 AM
    Works well for 9900, let's monitor this ah!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-27-12 01:44 PM
    So fat, I'm quite happy with 7.1.0.336. I'd be glad to have feedback from those who've installed this upgrade. Is it really worth it?
    Thanks!
    06-27-12 02:15 PM
    I would give it a try tomorrow.

Now I just download it, maybe wait for some news.

Hope the battery life has been improved but I have to say that I'm quite happy with the .402 version.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    Brunoce likes this.
    06-27-12 03:03 PM
    Wow new os at last!!! \(^▿^)/
    06-27-12 03:24 PM
    I would give it a try tomorrow.

Now I just download it, maybe wait for some news.

Hope the battery life has been improved but I have to say that I'm quite happy with the .402 version.

Cheers from Barcelona!

let us now how is the battery life with this new os!

Arriba Espaa!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 07:36 PM
    Houston we have a problem!!

With previous leaked OS's I've just installed the leak on my PC & it's been available as an upgrade in Blackberry Desktop Manager (which would show the OS & anything I've installed in the 'Applications' section).

Since installing this version only apps I've installed myself are appearing in the 'Applications' section, with no OS visible & no option to upgrade.

Any clues?
    06-27-12 08:13 PM

With previous leaked OS's I've just installed the leak on my PC & it's been available as an upgrade in Blackberry Desktop Manager (which would show the OS & anything I've installed in the 'Applications' section).

Since installing this version only apps I've installed myself are appearing in the 'Applications' section, with no OS visible & no option to upgrade.

Any clues?
    Be sure to delete the vendor file in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Researc In Motion\AppLoader and the hidden one in C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ (it's in one of the sub folders here).
    Cloudmaster likes this.
    06-27-12 08:32 PM

Any clues?
    Happens to me sometimes. You need to clear out previous installations, including the folder of it after you uninstalled.

Edit: Unlike leaked version, official has vendor files that you need to delete first.
    Last edited by fusioncal; 06-27-12 at 08:44 PM.
    06-27-12 08:39 PM
    Hey friends!
    Downloaded & installed it yesterday.
    I came from .336.

What I can report until now:
    - .336 was snappier, this version slows my bb down a bit

- batterylife seems to be better (but I can't tell it 100%, because there is no battery analyzer in that version)!

- there is a new program:
    "Application Resource Manager", which watches programs that run in the background - but I also can't tell you if thats a usefull addition. It just told me that IM+ needs much resources... Ok, nice to know.

Hope, that helps you until now.
    06-28-12 02:28 AM
    Hey friends!
    Downloaded & installed it yesterday.
    I came from .336.

What I can report until now:
    - .336 was snappier, this version slows my bb down a bit

- batterylife seems to be better (but I can't tell it 100%, because there is no battery analyzer in that version)!

- there is a new program:
    "Application Resource Manager", which watches programs that run in the background - but I also can't tell you if thats a usefull addition. It just told me that IM+ needs much resources... Ok, nice to know.

Hope, that helps you until now.
    Yes, seems to be a bit less snappy.

Device analyzer: Yes, it is there! Go to the screen where you would expect it, hold alt and type "BBDA".
    Last edited by PeterRei; 06-28-12 at 10:06 AM.
    blakobecwa and valzta like this.
    06-28-12 02:35 AM
    Yes, seems to be a bit less nappy.

Device analyzer: Yes, it is there! Go to the screen where you would expect it, hold alt and type "BBDA".
    Great!! There it is!!!
    Thanks buddy!!!

Now, I can really compair both batterylives by numbers.

But .523 still seems to a better one.

Let's see.
    06-28-12 03:43 AM
    Be sure to delete the vendor file in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Researc In Motion\AppLoader and the hidden one in C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ (it's in one of the sub folders here).
    Thanks blackraven, deleting those files fixed things, now on 7.1.0.523
    06-28-12 04:31 AM
    I'm at the office right now. This afternoon if I have time I would like to install the new OS version.

What I suggest to you is that you make several battery pulls (or use the Quickpull App) during next two or three days. I did it with the .402 version and works much better after that pulls, the OS seems more stable and works better, also the baterry life improve A LOT.

I don't know if with .523 will happen the same but I think it should.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    06-28-12 04:56 AM
    can't wait to see whether any improvement on the batt life and any memory leaks
    hopefully its worth the wait!
    06-28-12 07:47 AM
    Great!! There it is!!!
    Thanks buddy!!!

Now, I can really compair both batterylives by numbers.

But .523 still seems to a better one.

Let's see.
    Bassd scho.
    06-28-12 10:04 AM
    ill be waiting for result from the people who will test to give us the feedback about 523 os
    06-28-12 11:58 AM
    downloaded this z.1 update for my bold 9790 and when I went to install it. It came up[ as 7.0. Checked and checked again and it was os 7.0 and not 7.1 that I was downloading, even says its 7.1 but when I install it, it says 7.0

Thinl I'll just wait till my carrier release's it
    06-28-12 12:19 PM
    Hi!

I want to upgrade my 9790 to this version...

But I have a question: Which programs could have problems with that i use telkomsel OS in Bite (Latvia)??
    06-28-12 12:28 PM
    Hi!

I want to upgrade my 9790 to this version...

But I have a question: Which programs could have problems with that i use telkomsel OS in Bite (Latvia)??

The only one I could think of is if your carrier doesn't support the advance email setup this carrier brought out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-28-12 01:50 PM
    seriously - guys here lack the enthusiasm of the 9900 owners ...

when the .523 popped out over there, loads n loads of installs ...

come-on fellas, go ahead & enjoy the new OS ...
    06-28-12 04:20 PM
    I suppose there are only a few who have a 9790. So it's no wonder that only a few are posting here.
    I'm still on .336 and quite happy. Battery Life is also ok if you accept that it can't beat a 9700. So if noone can post a good reason that makes the switch to the new version worth it I don't touch my running system.
    06-28-12 04:46 PM
    thanks zocster
    soon i will try this version

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 12:27 AM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD