Good afternoon everyone... I am dying to install this new up-date, I am currently running 402... I know I need to delete the 2 vendor files (but am not comfortable doing it manually), so I have downloaded the new OS from the 1st post and then I ran vandelete+ a few times and it has not found them... I am at a loss, how do I get vandelete+ to work?... Any help is much appreciated... Thanks,
    Last edited by Crusader ss; 07-02-12 at 03:14 PM.
    07-02-12 03:11 PM
    After a few days running the OS I've to correct my post: running as smooth as .402

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    07-03-12 01:11 AM
    After a few days I could say that the OS is as quite as stable as .402, and also that battery analyzer has been decreasing from 5.33%/hour.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    07-03-12 04:12 AM
    Good afternoon everyone... I am dying to install this new up-date, I am currently running 402... I know I need to delete the 2 vendor files (but am not comfortable doing it manually), so I have downloaded the new OS from the 1st post and then I ran vandelete+ a few times and it has not found them... I am at a loss, how do I get vandelete+ to work?... Any help is much appreciated... Thanks,
    Try this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7242490
    Crusader ss likes this.
    07-03-12 08:51 AM
    this version is really good... with small usage i get under 2%/h while with 7.0 i couldn't use it for 48h

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 10:12 AM
    Nice update from .402, pressing the end key from a different panel will scroll back to the home panel from where it came from (left panels will scroll right and vice versa) as opposed to single direction scrolling. I know it aint much but its worth mentioning

(First post. Been on BBs for a short while coming off of iOS and Android. Good community)
    07-03-12 11:24 AM
    So how can I backup my entire phone included the OS just in case something goes wrong? I have used the 'Full Backup' feature in Device Manager but I dont think this is it since the file size is less then 1MB? I want to wipe my phone BBSAK so just in-case something goes wrong I can revert to what I have right now.

Thanks
    07-03-12 03:11 PM
    So how can I backup my entire phone included the OS just in case something goes wrong? I have used the 'Full Backup' feature in Device Manager but I dont think this is it since the file size is less then 1MB? I want to wipe my phone BBSAK so just in-case something goes wrong I can revert to what I have right now
    You can't backup the 'entire' phone. DM will backup your data and settings, and you can use BBSAK to backup your 3rd party apps. The old OS is wiped off your phone during the update process... you can't backup that.

Sent from my  Bold�
    n3xtgen likes this.
    07-03-12 03:37 PM
    Thanks Phill.
    Also one more question, have you ever used BBSAK and when you try to load the OS a pop-up comes up with "no OS installed..." I have installed the OS on my PC and have tried it on both a Windows 7 and XP machine but no luck
    07-03-12 04:52 PM
    Thanks Phill.
    Also one more question, have you ever used BBSAK and when you try to load the OS a pop-up comes up with "no OS installed..." I have installed the OS on my PC and have tried it on both a Windows 7 and XP machine but no luck
    I don't use BBSAK anymore since I moved up to OS7.
    The reason no OS is showing is because you need to delete the 2 vendor.xml files. If you don't know where they are, just install vendelete and run that on your PC to remove them. There is a download link to vendelete a few posts above.

Sent from my  Bold�
    07-03-12 05:13 PM
    Unfortunately it did not find the files... Don't understand what I'm doing wrong...

Edit: It seems it will find the files and the message reads "Access denied"
    Last edited by Crusader ss; 07-03-12 at 11:12 PM. Reason: more info
    07-03-12 10:23 PM
    There is one in your 'hidden' files.
    C:\users\<yourname>\appdata ( this one is hidden. You can make it visible in your settings or type %appdata% in the search bar on the right.
    Be a little carful though, innthe hidden folders are also windows files, so just remove the vendor.xml
    Its in the rim\blackberry directory once in the appdata menu
    Crusader ss likes this.
    07-04-12 12:53 AM
    Hello guys, I've been using .523 from first day of being posted here, coming from leaked .402. All good on average use, better battery and radio (although radio quality can be subject to many other factors) - can make it up to 48 hrs in EDGE with only a couple of applications installed. Best one so far!
    07-05-12 08:19 AM
    Hi All,
    I have been using this update (7.1.0.523) since the last week or so and it is till date the best update for my device. I was earlier on .336 then updated to leaked .402 but that did not work for me so i downgraded to .336. It (.523)has a better radio, battery ( which lasts me for more than a day and a half on EDGE), lesser battery pulls no lags and a drain percentage of 2.13/hour.
    For me it works, thanks Adam for the link and all those who with their valuable comments encouraged me to take up this update.
    El Bori likes this.
    07-05-12 11:24 PM
    i just downloaded this but i cannot find the update in DM ?? and have also tried to update via apploader but that doesnt find this either..

i havnt done this in a while and have forgotton what to do, so some help would be appreciated.

thanks
    07-08-12 08:53 AM
    i just downloaded this but i cannot find the update in DM ?? and have also tried to update via apploader but that doesnt find this either..

i havnt done this in a while and have forgotton what to do, so some help would be appreciated.

thanks
    Read through this thread, you need to delete the vendor.xml file. Sometimes there's 1 and sometimes there's 2.

If after deleting you still can't find it, run the loader file instead of DM or use bbhtool and load from the app.
    07-08-12 11:46 AM
    Read through this thread, you need to delete the vendor.xml file. Sometimes there's 1 and sometimes there's 2.

If after deleting you still can't find it, run the loader file instead of DM or use bbhtool and load from the app.
    i have deleted the vendor file. and have also tried loader but that doesnt find it either, when i try add the update to it, it gives me an error :S

- all sorted now
    Last edited by Krack-Berri; 07-08-12 at 04:27 PM. Reason: ...
    07-08-12 12:03 PM
    Unfortunately it did not find the files... Don't understand what I'm doing wrong...

= =
    how come "Access denied"?
    or can u print screen after that upload at here
    let everybody help u
    07-08-12 12:43 PM
    Please read the topic(s) about the vendor files ( yes there are 2!) first, its much easier then to explain it in each topic
    07-09-12 04:01 PM
    Constant 40�C - 50�C? Are you sure? Do you even know how hot 50�C is?

One thing for sure my meterberry temperature reading is definitely messed up on 7.1.402.

Of course I knew it. Can't touch it.
    07-11-12 06:40 AM
    Updated to this version last nite. So far so good. The boot time has increased by a few seconds, but once its up and running, its good....battery seems to be a lil better but I’ll be able to let you guys know after using it for a few days. Feels fast / snappier. No errors so far. Updation was smooth after deleting the vendor files from two locations...
    07-13-12 04:17 AM
    guys. i haven't upgraded my bb 9790. my current os is os 7.0.0.473 how can i upgrade
    thanks
    07-14-12 06:48 AM
    Upgraded. A bit lagging now. Suggest me if something I should do to change that
    Will report after sometime
    07-14-12 11:43 AM
    Touch screen kinda lagging after the update. :s
    What should I do?
    And drain rate it 10% / hour. Damn too high, how do I get it down?
    07-14-12 02:55 PM

just used VENDELETE+ - Search and delete Vendor.xml files and it solved my problem.

it might be you're not an admin on you machine.
    07-15-12 07:59 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD