06-27-12 11:16 AM
    Lets hope the battery is improved .....
    06-27-12 11:50 AM
    Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    xivius likes this.
    06-27-12 11:58 AM
    Works well for 9900, let's monitor this ah!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-27-12 01:44 PM
    So fat, I'm quite happy with 7.1.0.336. I'd be glad to have feedback from those who've installed this upgrade. Is it really worth it?
    Thanks!
    06-27-12 02:15 PM
    I would give it a try tomorrow.

Now I just download it, maybe wait for some news.

Hope the battery life has been improved but I have to say that I'm quite happy with the .402 version.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    Brunoce likes this.
    06-27-12 03:03 PM
    Wow new os at last!!! �\(^▿^)/�
    06-27-12 03:24 PM
    I would give it a try tomorrow.

Now I just download it, maybe wait for some news.

Hope the battery life has been improved but I have to say that I'm quite happy with the .402 version.

Cheers from Barcelona!

let us now how is the battery life with this new os!

Arriba Espa�a!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 07:36 PM
    Houston we have a problem!!

With previous leaked OS's I've just installed the leak on my PC & it's been available as an upgrade in Blackberry Desktop Manager (which would show the OS & anything I've installed in the 'Applications' section).

Since installing this version only apps I've installed myself are appearing in the 'Applications' section, with no OS visible & no option to upgrade.

Any clues?
    06-27-12 08:13 PM

With previous leaked OS's I've just installed the leak on my PC & it's been available as an upgrade in Blackberry Desktop Manager (which would show the OS & anything I've installed in the 'Applications' section).

Since installing this version only apps I've installed myself are appearing in the 'Applications' section, with no OS visible & no option to upgrade.

Any clues?
    Be sure to delete the vendor file in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Researc In Motion\AppLoader and the hidden one in C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ (it's in one of the sub folders here).
    Cloudmaster likes this.
    06-27-12 08:32 PM

Any clues?
    Happens to me sometimes. You need to clear out previous installations, including the folder of it after you uninstalled.

Edit: Unlike leaked version, official has vendor files that you need to delete first.
    Last edited by fusioncal; 06-27-12 at 08:44 PM.
    06-27-12 08:39 PM
    Hey friends!
    Downloaded & installed it yesterday.
    I came from .336.

What I can report until now:
    - .336 was snappier, this version slows my bb down a bit

- batterylife seems to be better (but I can't tell it 100%, because there is no battery analyzer in that version)!

- there is a new program:
    "Application Resource Manager", which watches programs that run in the background - but I also can't tell you if thats a usefull addition. It just told me that IM+ needs much resources... Ok, nice to know.

Hope, that helps you until now.
    06-28-12 02:28 AM
    Hey friends!
    Downloaded & installed it yesterday.
    I came from .336.

What I can report until now:
    - .336 was snappier, this version slows my bb down a bit

- batterylife seems to be better (but I can't tell it 100%, because there is no battery analyzer in that version)!

- there is a new program:
    "Application Resource Manager", which watches programs that run in the background - but I also can't tell you if thats a usefull addition. It just told me that IM+ needs much resources... Ok, nice to know.

Hope, that helps you until now.
    Yes, seems to be a bit less snappy.

Device analyzer: Yes, it is there! Go to the screen where you would expect it, hold alt and type "BBDA".
    Last edited by PeterRei; 06-28-12 at 10:06 AM.
    blakobecwa and valzta like this.
    06-28-12 02:35 AM
    Yes, seems to be a bit less nappy.

Device analyzer: Yes, it is there! Go to the screen where you would expect it, hold alt and type "BBDA".
    Great!! There it is!!!
    Thanks buddy!!!

Now, I can really compair both batterylives by numbers.

But .523 still seems to a better one.

Let's see.
    06-28-12 03:43 AM
    Be sure to delete the vendor file in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Researc In Motion\AppLoader and the hidden one in C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ (it's in one of the sub folders here).
    Thanks blackraven, deleting those files fixed things, now on 7.1.0.523
    06-28-12 04:31 AM
    I'm at the office right now. This afternoon if I have time I would like to install the new OS version.

What I suggest to you is that you make several battery pulls (or use the Quickpull App) during next two or three days. I did it with the .402 version and works much better after that pulls, the OS seems more stable and works better, also the baterry life improve A LOT.

I don't know if with .523 will happen the same but I think it should.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    06-28-12 04:56 AM
    can't wait to see whether any improvement on the batt life and any memory leaks
    hopefully its worth the wait!
    06-28-12 07:47 AM
    Great!! There it is!!!
    Thanks buddy!!!

Now, I can really compair both batterylives by numbers.

But .523 still seems to a better one.

Let's see.
    Bassd scho.
    06-28-12 10:04 AM
    ill be waiting for result from the people who will test to give us the feedback about 523 os
    06-28-12 11:58 AM
    downloaded this z.1 update for my bold 9790 and when I went to install it. It came up[ as 7.0. Checked and checked again and it was os 7.0 and not 7.1 that I was downloading, even says its 7.1 but when I install it, it says 7.0

Thinl I'll just wait till my carrier release's it
    06-28-12 12:19 PM
    Hi!

I want to upgrade my 9790 to this version...

But I have a question: Which programs could have problems with that i use telkomsel OS in Bite (Latvia)??
    06-28-12 12:28 PM
    Hi!

I want to upgrade my 9790 to this version...

But I have a question: Which programs could have problems with that i use telkomsel OS in Bite (Latvia)??

The only one I could think of is if your carrier doesn't support the advance email setup this carrier brought out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-28-12 01:50 PM
    seriously - guys here lack the enthusiasm of the 9900 owners ...

when the .523 popped out over there, loads n loads of installs ...

come-on fellas, go ahead & enjoy the new OS ...
    06-28-12 04:20 PM
    I suppose there are only a few who have a 9790. So it's no wonder that only a few are posting here.
    I'm still on .336 and quite happy. Battery Life is also ok if you accept that it can't beat a 9700. So if noone can post a good reason that makes the switch to the new version worth it I don't touch my running system.
    06-28-12 04:46 PM
    thanks zocster
    soon i will try this version

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    06-29-12 12:27 AM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD