I downloaded the .600 update ran the install but blackberry desktop doesn't see it even though vendor.xml has been removed yet it sees the old version.

I have checked and the files are all there, how do I get it to see it? I thinks its DM 6.0.2 ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 10:50 AM
    Try using
    Loader.exe

Dm might not work in some case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 02:05 PM
    Loader ?

What is it and how do I use it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 03:11 PM
    Here is a guide to installing after you've downloaded the OS:
    On PC, go to
    (64-bi)t: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    (32-bit): Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool. You can use this to shrink the OS and remove unwanted files/apps.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions). Enjoy!

Edit: I should note that when you run Loader, you'll notice that a lot of the programs will show 'Update' as the action. That will indicate that you are loading .600 over your current OS.
    08-02-11 06:47 PM
    Ok well im using BDM 6.1.....i ran the new OS install it placed the files in the shared folder etc but loader doesnt see it nor does BDM all loader does it shows my apps and asks me if i want to remove them from the phone.....is something wrong or am i going mad ?
    08-03-11 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD