My dear fellow Bolders,

I've got my Bold 9780 for about 1 months already. Probably the best phone I've got so far but i've been having a problem with the sounds & ringtones. Occasionally it'll become muffled. The weird thing is, when i play the ringtones and warning tones by selecting it on the Media option, it sounds prefectly fine but during incoming calls/messages/e-mails & when i go to settings on ringtones, it tends to be muflled.

I will have to reboot my phone to get it back to normal. But it still repeat itself. It doesn't happen often but its a hassle rebooting my phone all the time. I've already updated my software & it is still the same.

So please, HELP ME OUT HERE!!!
    05-02-11 05:23 AM
    Not sure but I found my ring tones sounded MUCH better by moving the ones I use from the SD card into the device memory. Made all the difference in the world.
    05-02-11 08:22 AM
    try upgrade the OS
    05-02-11 09:39 AM
    try upgrade the OS
    Great detective work

I've already updated my software & it is still the same.
    05-02-11 09:43 AM
    hahahahaha....didnt have my glasses on phil LOL
    05-02-11 10:17 AM
    Hi everyone,

I’m using my new 9780 for one month right now and today I noticed that this one seems to have the exact same problem as the 2 other 9780's I had before.

during an incoming call, the MP3 ringtone I use sounds real funny (Eminem sounds like Dr Dr at the bottom ocean) and when I re-listen to that MP3 using my Media player, the ringtone sounds pretty normal. Solving the problem by updating my baby to the highest level is horseplay. (won't work, believe me), this feels like a hardware issue to me. besides, the speakers for media player and incoming calls are different.

A quick battery remove helps to get this problem 'sorted' but unfortunately only for a day or two.

as a BlackBerry retailer i sold hundreds of these units before but no-one else seems to have this problem (at least, they don't complain..) Bad luck or am I the only one who's worrying about this problem. you tell me!

yours sincerly

25F07E78
    Last edited by bkmdesk; 08-11-11 at 11:25 AM.
    08-11-11 08:54 AM
    @bkmdesk... If you have custom contact ringtones be sure to edit the contact and set the volume to "Active Profile". However, you say a battery pull resolves the problem for a few days. So, it sounds like it is a hardware issue and I guess you are one of the "unlucky" few.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 12:18 PM
    thank you for this reply!
    08-16-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD