After having a terrific 2 years with my Bold 9700 I had a free upgrade to the 9780 and I hate it! The little clock whirrs around all the time and freezes the phone and worse, the battery runs down overnight - have tried a brand new battery and it still runs down so there is clearly a fault on the phone. I think that Black Berry have lost the plot - if you want to get tech helo you have to give your credit card number and pay for someone who doesn't give very good advice. Most disappointed !! Am going to to see an o2 'guru' to see if the phone can be fixed. Meanwhile my old Bold has decided not to work - it doesn't pick up the network signal anymore desoite the SIM being the same as in the new handset. Blackberries - I hate them!!!!
    07-20-11 06:06 AM
    Forget tech help and gurus, they're useless... that's what this place is for, and it's free!

Ask O2 for a new SIM. If your 9780 battery is draining overnight, and your 9700 can't connect to the network, that all points to a faulty SIM card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 06:16 AM
    Are you running/using social feeds?
    07-20-11 02:37 PM
    Try using the battery from the 9700, maybe you got a bad batt. Are you running a leaked OS?
    07-21-11 09:17 AM
    After having a terrific 2 years with my Bold 9700 I had a free upgrade to the 9780 and I hate it! Blackberries - I hate them!!!!
    Moral of the story: it is easier to hate than to love and forgive.
    07-21-11 10:36 AM
    If replacing the sim doesnt work i would try a security wipe, upload the newest OS and see if that helps.... But as Phil_UK said this all seems to be a sim card problem.
    07-21-11 10:43 AM
    Moral of the story: it is easier to hate than to love and forgive.

Good one ye.
    07-21-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD