Alright guys need your help over here,

I bought the bold 9780 purchased the phone in March this year,

anyways the phone was kept in a bag with some keys in it and it so happens that the bezel aka the shiny part where the blackberry logo is has a scratch now,its a minute scratch about half a cm near the LED light and its quite distinguishable so what I want to know is that can this be repaired via the BB warranty ? I dont mind payin the money to get this **** fixed, What options do I have ? I looked around and found a guy selling the bezel faceplate for 10 bucks, but what I dont know is how to replace it plus will there be any issues with it ?

The bezel is going for 10 bucks so i dont mind getting 2-3 of them just to get it right, but is replacing the bezel gna harm my phone or smtnh ? Also I have no idea on how to do it, so wts the best way to get this done ? Please help me out if you know any way,

Thanks guys,

Peace,
    06-17-11 03:52 PM
    A warranty repair is pretty much out of the question, it's physical damage. They may do the repair for you, but it will cost you (not even too sure about this unless).
    You can do the repair yourself, but the quality of the part won't be the same. There are videos on youtube for dissasembly so you know what you are doing.

My very personal opinion is to live with the scratch, I don't much care for taking my phones apart.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 06-17-11 at 04:13 PM.
    aRch-0n likes this.
    06-17-11 04:09 PM
    I dont mind getting charged for the repair but will the Authorized BB repair centers do it ? OR do I need to go to other repair stores to get this done,

Thing is its not bin long that I had the phone plus its the second time ive bought the 9780 so would be nice to least have the new phone feel for a while, If I can get it sorted i'd do it, I wont try it on my own though, giant hands have no precision

Thanks for the info mate, do let me know if the BB authorised repair centers would repair it, wont mind paying some money for it,
    06-17-11 04:33 PM
    I'm not sure if they'll do it for you, but if you get the bezels they're SUPER easy to replace. Not a risky process at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    aRch-0n likes this.
    06-17-11 09:42 PM
    Oh aite, well I found a BB authorised service center, will take it over there and try my luck, else would either live with the scratch or pay a repair shop to do it for me,

I read somewhere that bezel is a integral part, So will I screw my phone if I do this ? Will the hardware get messed up ?
    06-18-11 01:57 AM
    Not at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD