Hello. I have a bold 9700 that dropped into water it wasn't in there a couple seconds before I got it out. The water indicators inside went red so I dried it out. Thinking it was fine a few hours later tried booting it up but now getting error 507. I looked up the fix and when a little ways into installing OS my BB just shut off. Now I have taken battery back out and have in rice in a slightly warm area (comp monitor). I was wondering if you guys think my BB is toast or if there's still a chance if it dries more
    07-10-11 05:18 PM
    give it 48 hours and re try the methods read.
    if not it might be pooched
    Last edited by Fubaz; 07-10-11 at 05:32 PM.
    07-10-11 05:22 PM
    yea i ended up selling it to a buddy he would have a better chance getting it going got the new 9780 today.
    07-11-11 10:37 AM
    Btw, for future reference of anyone else:

If you get your Blackberry wet, DO NOT turn it on, before you place it in raw dry white rice and let it dry out for several days, because if you do turn it on, it is far more likely that you will cause an electrical short and fry your Blackberry.

Even if your Blackberry seems "dry" (or you dry) the exterior, the internal parts may still be wet (even if no water comes out of your Blackberry).

Just a few tips from someone who has been there and done that (both routes - I fried one and I saved one) *lol* I have no defense so I won't even attempt to explain what happened either time.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD