I recently unlocked a Rogers blackberry 9700 (carrierunlock provided code) and Put my Fido sim card into the phone. Once I powered it up and tested out the voicemail, the voicemail icon (O__O) showed up and never went away. After long conversations with different technical support teams this is what I was told to resolve the issue. After the following tests and procedures, the voicemail icon is stuck on my home screen still.

- deleted all msgs from voicemail
    - called voicemail, left a msg, deleted all msgs, pressed * to end call
    - done a backup and restore of the phone
    - done a update to the lastest bb software
    - tons of battery pulls
    - removed and re-added voicemail option with my service provider

Because this is a brand new bold 9700, could this be a permanent glitch on the phone due to the unlock I performed? Any help would be great because I want that icon to actually tell me when I have voicemail.
    05-02-10 12:00 AM
    I recently unlocked a Rogers blackberry 9700 (carrierunlock provided code) and Put my Fido sim card into the phone. Once I powered it up and tested out the voicemail, the voicemail icon (O__O) showed up and never went away. After long conversations with different technical support teams this is what I was told to resolve the issue. After the following tests and procedures, the voicemail icon is stuck on my home screen still.

- tons of battery pulls

Because this is a brand new bold 9700, could this be a permanent glitch on the phone due to the unlock I performed? Any help would be great because I want that icon to actually tell me when I have voicemail.
    I would email CarrierUnlock and BITCH and COMPLAIN!

No, don't do that, I'm just kidding. LOL It has nothing to do with your phone being unlocked. It's a common thing. It will eventually disappear after all of your little "fix-its".
    05-02-10 03:16 AM

- tons of battery pulls

LOL. It's a software issue, happens a lot. A complete wipe and restore of the OS, should clear your issues.
    05-02-10 11:57 AM
    After reading up on a few similar threads dealing with the same issue, I have a huge hunch on how the voicemail icon got stuck on my homescreen initially. After the unlock I performed, I did not switch my current iphone plan (visual voicemail) to the blackberry plan which is different with fido because they only offer (regular voicemail) for blackberrys and not visual. I then left a voicemail to test out if the phone was receiving it. From then on, I noticed the icon went on at that very moment and never went away. Now, since fido does not offer visual voicemail for the blackberry at all, my 9700 probably went into a glitch and could not correct itself after I changed my plan with fido to the blackberry regular voicemail plan. This stuck icon is still bugging me out because everytime I get a missed call, not only is the voicemail icon stuck, the indication is "1 missed call and 1 new voicemail" when it should just indicate to me "1 missed call".

Not blaming carrier unlock for this, they were actually very helpful in providing me a code with a good price and offered some tips on how to solve it when I called them back for inquiries.
    Last edited by artvic; 05-02-10 at 10:35 PM.
    05-02-10 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD