hey guys

i have a bold 9700, and the trackball is totally unresponsive so ive orded a new one, but my phone seems to be crashing all the time, it slows up and just freezes so i have to take the battery out and restart it, does anyone know how to do a factory reset without doing it threw the phone but threw USB on your pc or has anyone else experianced this kind of problem any help and advice would be brilliant

thanx in advanced
    08-23-11 09:25 AM
    First off, if you ordered a trackball for your Bold 9700, you're in for quite a surprise.

If removing/re-installing the battery doesn't help with your issues, you may need to reinstall the operating software on your phone.

Search for Blackberry Desktop Manager software. Or if you are really daring, try out a Hybrid OS here:

Hybrid OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Berrylicious v4 is berry nice.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-23-11 05:47 PM
    08-23-11 10:38 PM
    This can also help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/

If it doesn't still, you'll need to get a warranty exchange IF you haven't taken your blackberry apart yourself.

PS. The 9700 uses a trackpad, not a trackball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 10:53 PM
    lol it is a trackpad ive orded haha thanx guys i deleted some programs and wiped some stuff off and at the moment it seems to b ok so ganna wiat for the trackpad to arrive and if it starts playing up again il try some of these suggestions thanx a lot guys also blackberry desktop manager dont let u restart from scratch or at least i cant see where u do it from can anyone help with that?

thanx in advance
    08-24-11 04:09 AM
    I suggest that you update your Operating Software to BlackBerry 6.
    Install the Desktop manager and connect your BB to your PC. After you have done that, load the Desktop manager and back up all your data for your phone before you install the update which shall appear as soon as your BB is connected to the desktop manager.
    If you need more help, you can PM me.
    08-24-11 05:21 AM
    This can help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/
    You'll either need OS 5 or 6 device software from the Leaked/Beta OS section, or from your carrier (or another carrier), if you use the leaked or other carrier option, you'll need to delete the vendor.xml file.
    EDIT: just realized I posted that twice lol. Just follow the directions in that link and you should be good to go.
    08-24-11 10:52 AM
    I was having the same problems so yesterday wiped everything then installed OS 6. It's not freezing/crashing as much with the exception of accessing the calendar. When I try to use the calendar, it freezes and I have to do a battery pull.

My phone is out of warranty and I'm pretty disappointed in its performance after using it for just over a year, and may be looking into other options.
    08-25-11 10:23 AM
    I was having the same problems so yesterday wiped everything then installed OS 6. It's not freezing/crashing as much with the exception of accessing the calendar. When I try to use the calendar, it freezes and I have to do a battery pull.

My phone is out of warranty and I'm pretty disappointed in its performance after using it for just over a year, and may be looking into other options.
    Have you even thought of going back to OS 5? Maybe all that lag problems will go away. If It works, That can be your other option.

08-25-11 11:21 AM
    i was thinking about sending it back to OS5 but how do i send it back to OS5 can anyone point me in the right direcetion?
    08-25-11 12:15 PM
    i was thinking about sending it back to OS5 but how do i send it back to OS5 can anyone point me in the right direcetion?
    Use the link to the BBSAK howto I posted. You could also find it in the HowTo/Tips/FAQ section.

08-25-11 12:18 PM
    hey guys, followed the instrustions step by step and when i use the BBSAK it gets to a point where i choose wht software to install and i get the following message 'the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administator' any ideas? ibve installed the software correctly on my pc but just keep getting this error message
    08-25-11 02:16 PM
    hey guys, followed the instrustions step by step and when i use the BBSAK it gets to a point where i choose wht software to install and i get the following message 'the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administator' any ideas? ibve installed the software correctly on my pc but just keep getting this error message
    Go to http://www.blackberry.com/ and then navigate to the Device Software download section, choose your carrier, pay attention to the App version, not the build version, to find the latest available OS 5 software. You'll need to download it, then install it, it'll load once you've done that.

08-25-11 02:25 PM
    hey ive downloaded the correct OS in fact ive downloaded all of them and it still comes up with that same message when it gets to selecting the software, any suggestions please?
    08-27-11 12:18 PM
    right it will let me install the os 6 but not the os5 :S im confused so much i need to have the os5 really cos the os6 keeps crashing all the time and slowing up
    08-27-11 12:51 PM
    right it will let me install the os 6 but not the os5 :S im confused so much i need to have the os5 really cos the os6 keeps crashing all the time and slowing up
    What keeps showing up? Did you delete the vendor.xml file BEFORE loading?

08-27-11 01:29 PM
    when you click load OS and select the OS it goes threw the stages and then you get to a point where u can select what software you want to install, it just keeps saying 'the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wirless service provider or system administrator' ive got the right software for my service provider from blackberrys website, no i have not deleted it as the videos i watched never told me too

oh and now its not letting me even install OS6
    08-27-11 01:43 PM
    when you click load OS and select the OS it goes threw the stages and then you get to a point where u can select what software you want to install, it just keeps saying 'the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wirless service provider or system administrator' ive got the right software for my service provider from blackberrys website, no i have not deleted it as the videos i watched never told me too

oh and now its not letting me even install OS6
    you will have to delete that file, or you will not be able to install OS 6.

Guatiao likes this.
    08-27-11 01:45 PM
    just gone into the directories of the OS's and they all say they have a vodafone music file even though ive downloaded it from orange uk's BB OS site
    08-27-11 01:48 PM
    do i have to delete it if i want to install the OS5 too? whats the root directory for this file is it in commonfiles/RIM?
    08-27-11 01:49 PM
    just gone into the directories of the OS's and they all say they have a vodafone music file even though ive downloaded it from orange uk's BB OS site
    The vendor.xml file is located in C:/PROGRAM FILES/COMMON FILES/RESEARCH IN MOTION/APPLOADER delete it once you go there. Or search for it using windows search.

08-27-11 01:53 PM
    the only XML file says device, there is no vendor.xml
    08-27-11 02:01 PM
    Restart your computer if you haven't already, or try a different computer if possible, or bring it to your carrier's store to have them reload the OS. EDIT: Try uninstalling ALL versions if the device software from your computer. Then download OS 5 and install it, then load it up after deleting the vendor.xml file.
    08-27-11 02:03 PM
    And make sure you are NOT connected to the Internet on the computer you are using to load the OS while you load it.
    08-27-11 02:05 PM
    hey guys, ive re-installed OS6 but it still keeps crashing after about half hour or so and locking up, is there anyone who can point me in the right direction of getting a fix for it cos it just will not install OS5 for **** so im sort of stuck with os6 thanx to everyone whos been more than helpful this site its just the berry-**** haha
    08-28-11 01:43 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD