On my Bold 9700, my desktop manager automatically detects that a update has released and asks me if i want to install it.
    The problem is , I want to shrink my OS which requires me to have the .exe file of the OS.
    So from where am i supposed to get the exe file.
    On the website, it requires me to select my carrier .But since my phone is unlocked( I dint buy it from any carrier), i am not sure which option to choose.
    08-31-11 01:49 PM
    On my Bold 9700, my desktop manager automatically detects that a update has released and asks me if i want to install it.
    The problem is , I want to shrink my OS which requires me to have the .exe file of the OS.
    On the website, it requires me to select my carrier .But since my phone is unlocked( I dint buy it from any carrier), i am not sure which option to choose.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...licity-643079/
    08-31-11 02:50 PM
    Any leaked or official OS will do as long as you follow proper guides.

How to install an official (or leaked) BlackBerry operating system
    08-31-11 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    Currently my phone works on all carriers.
    So if I install an OS from a particular Carrier, like the "Latest 9700 Official OS 6.0.0.650 from Mobilicity"
    It wont affect my Unlock rite ?
    08-31-11 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    Currently my phone works on all carriers.
    So if I install an OS from a particular Carrier, like the "Latest 9700 Official OS 6.0.0.650 from Mobilicity"
    It wont affect my Unlock rite ?
    No an unlocked BB can never be locked again by the OS but delete the vendor.xml file as noted in the guide.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-483268/
    Last edited by andyahs; 08-31-11 at 03:46 PM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-31-11 03:43 PM
    Will try and revert soon ...
    Thanks a ton !...
    08-31-11 04:16 PM
    Let us know how things went, if it turned out good or bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 04:34 PM
    Got it updated... had a hard time finding the vendor.xml.
    Finally used the "XP Mode" in windows7 and used windows xp search to find that file.

Thanks alot
    08-31-11 07:11 PM
    Good job but Windows 7 search feature works well.
    08-31-11 07:35 PM
    @andyahs dunno...i tried hours searching using windows7 search...maybe it doesnt check in the hidden and system files
    09-02-11 11:01 AM
    @andyahs dunno...i tried hours searching using windows7 search...maybe it doesnt check in the hidden and system files
    That file is not hidden but you know where to look now?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

It is in there.
    09-02-11 11:21 AM
    i found 2 of them...one is the location u just mentioned and other one in
    C:\Users\"User-Name"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML which was hidden
    09-03-11 03:45 PM
    i found 2 of them...one is the location u just mentioned and other one in
    C:\Users\"User-Name"\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML which was hidden
    The first is the one to delete (the one not hidden) but you can delete both.
    09-03-11 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD