Because .545 isn't yet officially released by any carrier - therefore there is a (not unreasonable) concern that it may not be production quality. Of course, just because some carrier somewhere in the world officially releases it doesn't mean the quality is good - but it gives some of us a bit of added comfort.
    03-11-10 03:38 PM
    .330 has no issues for me.
    so i ask again, or maybe i need to reword.

which OS has the LEAST issues.
    .405 came stock on my BB and it is smooth, no hiccups.
    03-11-10 03:50 PM
    Well I've only changed to the newest os posted on these forums cuz I'm not too familiar with os stuff haha. When they post them on here I think of them as being worth it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 03:55 PM
    This build sucks. It doesn�t give me a new girl friend
    LOL haha you are awesome!
    03-11-10 05:43 PM
    Because .545 isn't yet officially released by any carrier - therefore there is a (not unreasonable) concern that it may not be production quality. Of course, just because some carrier somewhere in the world officially releases it doesn't mean the quality is good - but it gives some of us a bit of added comfort.
    Apparently .545 is going to be sanctioned by TIM Italy to start. I've used both .442 (not overwhelmed) and .545. Neither are going to cure world hunger. With that said, .545 is a much better build than .442.

.442 being endorsed by a couple of Middle East carriers is hardly a ringing endorsement. I think you'd be fine with .545.
    03-11-10 07:32 PM
    You know its been 2 hours, and I have not noticed anything. well I had a few fail attempts..but that's only because I am a newb to the bold 9700

did a battery pull...but still nothing...hmm i guess i'll give it a few days.
    03-11-10 10:10 PM
    I have a nuked blackberry bold. If i download this and run it onto my blackberry, will it start working again?
    03-12-10 04:22 AM
    .405 came stock on my BB and it is smooth, no hiccups.
    For T-Mobile users, it's either .330 or .545.

If you use Vlingo, stick with .330.

If you don't use Vlingo and you want solid T-Mo UMA connectivity and quicker browsing speeds, use .545.

Keep in mind that .330 is the only OS endorsed by T-Mobile and .330 is by and large an excellent OS.

03-12-10 12:37 PM
    Keep in mind that .330 is the only OS endorsed by T-Mobile and .330 is by and large an excellent OS.
    Agreed, so far my TMO 9700 with the stock OS has been a great performer, very fast, with plenty of apps and room to spare, no errors, hiccups or strange happenings...
    03-12-10 09:40 PM
    curious to hear responses from the usage
    03-12-10 10:25 PM
    .442 was offically released for telus today here in Canada.

so far no real big changes except for one. I find the web browsing is alot faster. on .344 it would get caught on the requesting screen for a long peroid of time now it just flies through that.
    03-12-10 10:28 PM
    Wonder if Bell would adopt this one too?
    03-12-10 10:38 PM
    I just upgradedy bold 9700 with the latest OS. I have to say, I like it.
    03-13-10 11:05 AM
    Agreed, so far my TMO 9700 with the stock OS has been a great performer, very fast, with plenty of apps and room to spare, no errors, hiccups or strange happenings...
    The stock T-Mobile OS (.330) sucked! All the random reboots and 3G to Edge then to GPRS.... Now .442 is great with faster 3G speeds which is solid by the way. Update? Just Do It! I almost went to AT&T
    03-13-10 10:11 PM
    The stock T-Mobile OS (.330) sucked! All the random reboots and 3G to Edge then to GPRS.... Now .442 is great with faster 3G speeds which is solid by the way. Update? Just Do It! I almost went to AT&T
    Got to agree with you. The stock OS had my 9700 doing random reboot before even got out of the parking lot after leaving T-Mobile store.
    03-13-10 10:44 PM
    hi. i'm on at&t using .405 now and have downloaded .442 to install (using bbsak, of course!). can any of my brilliant cb brethren comment on whether vlingo and garmin work on the new os? these two apps are important to me.

thanks!
    03-14-10 04:02 AM
    Strange, my stock .330 has been rock solid. So solid that I have yet to try a different OS.

Then again no 3g where I am at yet and still on EDGE, but everything works really well. I do use Bolt as my browser as the stock BB one was uber slow. That was my only gripe, but happy as a pig in.....
    03-14-10 09:11 AM
    hi. i'm on at&t using .405 now and have downloaded .442 to install (using bbsak, of course!). can any of my brilliant cb brethren comment on whether vlingo and garmin work on the new os? these two apps are important to me.
    .442 is not a new OS. It's actually pretty old now. It's just the last OS adopted by a carrier.

Vlingo does work on .442. It will work on .536 if you get Vlingo to reset your server settings. Vlingo does NOT work on .545 and Vlingo is not supporting .545 at this time.

The last OS release that Vlingo works on without issue is .442.
    03-14-10 10:47 AM
    Strange, my stock .330 has been rock solid. So solid that I have yet to try a different OS.

Then again no 3g where I am at yet and still on EDGE, but everything works really well. I do use Bolt as my browser as the stock BB one was uber slow. That was my only gripe, but happy as a pig in.....
    .330 is good for battery management and it is a stable OS.

I was not happy with .442. It didn't offer any real advantages and it was a battery hog.

.545 is a solid build and it offers significantly improved browser response and UMA router connectivity.
    03-14-10 10:49 AM
    I followed these instructions to the "T"

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

But for some strange reason my phone is not finding the new OS that I downloaded on my phone I have a Bold 9700 T Mobile branded running OS 5.0.0.330 Yeah I know I suck LOL I am still on the first OS But someone Please Help !!!!

Thanks A Bunch...
    03-14-10 11:37 AM
    I installed this OS on my Blackberry last night, i am not sure if it is because i uninstalled certain apps that were running on it or the new OS but performance and battery life have improved dramatically for the better.
    03-14-10 03:17 PM
    Hmmm im on the fence here with either .442 official or go for the leaked .545
    Time for heads or tails.
    03-14-10 04:23 PM
    Hmmm im on the fence here with either .442 official or go for the leaked .545
    Time for heads or tails.
    IMHO, .545 is a much superior OS.
    03-14-10 11:07 PM
    Browser is noticeably quicker. Good update, no problems so far. Everyone update! Lol

03-15-10 02:50 AM
    545 is very smooth before my first use I wiped and put 545 yes its fast and smooth I'm not digging the integrated vm thou I wish I could uncheck this but everything is fast.

03-15-10 03:23 AM
1,277 ... 4849505152
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD