IMHO, .545 is a much superior OS.
    That's what I went for, just finished the install, gonna start testing. So far everything seems fine.
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 05:49 AM
    That's what I went for, just finished the install, gonna start testing. So far everything seems fine.
    Thanks.
    Congrats. Wasn't a big fan of .442 ... big battery hog.

You should be impressed with much faster browser speeds on .545.
    03-15-10 11:57 AM

Are you now posting in the 442 thread JUST to suggest to people they shouldn't use it? lol
    03-15-10 12:12 PM
    Hey I have had a problem when trying to download. Every time I download it gets to about 3% and says its finish. No file is downloading properly.

Any ideas about this?
    03-15-10 12:30 PM

Browsing speeds are indeed faster which is kinda nice and also like the new lock feature. I dont know if it's just me but call quality seems to have improved also ( or is it the famous placebo effect ).
    Your last post kinda convinced me to go for this one and quite happy with it so far ... Thanks again.
    03-15-10 12:42 PM
    .442 is not a new OS. It's actually pretty old now. It's just the last OS adopted by a carrier.

Vlingo does work on .442. It will work on .536 if you get Vlingo to reset your server settings. Vlingo does NOT work on .545 and Vlingo is not supporting .545 at this time.

The last OS release that Vlingo works on without issue is .442.
    I worked with Vlingo on this one. I CANNOT get Vlingo Plus to work on .536.

It's a huge bummer for me.
    03-15-10 12:51 PM
    Browsing speeds are indeed faster which is kinda nice and also like the new lock feature. I dont know if it's just me but call quality seems to have improved also ( or is it the famous placebo effect ).
    Your last post kinda convinced me to go for this one and quite happy with it so far ... Thanks again.
    Happy to hear it my friend. The longer I use .545, the more I'm liking it. Hope you have the same experience.
    03-15-10 01:09 PM
    I worked with Vlingo on this one. I CANNOT get Vlingo Plus to work on .536.

It's a huge bummer for me.
    Working with customer support, I was able to get Vlingo working on .536. I cannot get it working on .545 and customer support has indicated that they are not supporting .545.

I've basically abandoned Vlingo at this point. If they claim to support BlackBerry's 5.0, then they should do so. Apparently they aren't all that excited about these newer OS versions. I can get everything else to work on .545 so it's kinda silly that Vlingo can't get with the program.

Their loss. I was a big supporter.
    03-15-10 01:13 PM
    I tried updating it to 442, but couldn't. it's still on 330. Help!! sorry im new to bb. did exactly what was given on instruction but its not working at all.
    03-16-10 11:14 AM
    Working with customer support, I was able to get Vlingo working on .536. I cannot get it working on .545 and customer support has indicated that they are not supporting .545.

I've basically abandoned Vlingo at this point. If they claim to support BlackBerry's 5.0, then they should do so. Apparently they aren't all that excited about these newer OS versions. I can get everything else to work on .545 so it's kinda silly that Vlingo can't get with the program.

Their loss. I was a big supporter.
    I have to agree with you but now that my city has passed a no texting while moving law I've had to rely on Vlingo even more. I did pay for it so I guess I patiently wait?

Going to update to .545 as it is new
    03-16-10 01:40 PM
    I have to agree with you but now that my city has passed a no texting while moving law I've had to rely on Vlingo even more. I did pay for it so I guess I patiently wait?

Going to update to .545 as it is new
    Vlingo (rather arrogantly in my opinion) stated that they would not support .545 and suggested that I would need to return to .330 if I wanted their service to work.

.545 has now been made official by the largest and most respected GSM carrier on the planet. Perhaps Vlingo will now get that message and fix their product. I've just emailed them and suggested that they revisit the matter. I hardly think they want to tell Vodafone they aren't interested in supporting Vodafone's customers.

By the way, kudos to your city. I am routinely dodging kooky drivers here in Los Angeles who are more interested in texting than driving and I've long supported TOUGH penalties for irresponsible drivers who neglect their driving responsibilities to friviously send IM and text messages when they should be paying attention to their driving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 02:10 PM
    meh i'm not liking .545 mostly b/c of the standby feature missing and a deal i'm having with sms that no one seems to mentioning/having

i'm considering downgrading...and i've never downgraded back to an old OS
    03-18-10 04:39 AM
    meh i'm not liking .545 mostly b/c of the standby feature missing and a deal i'm having with sms that no one seems to mentioning/having

i'm considering downgrading...and i've never downgraded back to an old OS
    Guess you'll never be upgrading as the removal of the standby feature via the mute button is likely going to remain going forward.
    03-18-10 09:30 AM
    Guess you'll never be upgrading as the removal of the standby feature via the mute button is likely going to remain going forward.
    hey no need to get rude! it's not like i'm saying i prefer a black and white screen or anything crazy like that
    03-18-10 02:17 PM
    hey no need to get rude! it's not like i'm saying i prefer a black and white screen or anything crazy like that
    His reply was not rude, just stating his opinion why you would not want to update, IMHO. Take it easy.
    03-18-10 04:46 PM
    thats right, that was not a rude post at all, he was meaning that any new upcoming OS's will continue with this, so my guess is you should stay with those downgraded version for forever
    03-18-10 07:25 PM
    I see a few posts in here about AKO mail set-up not working on the Bold 9700. I just bought mine about five days ago and have the same issues trying to set-up AKO on it. Set-up my yahoo acct fine. I did purchase the BIS with the bundle. I understand how RIM retrieves new email messages when prompted etc, versus other platforms. Does anyone know of a way to set-up AKO on the 9700? Thanks for any help
    03-22-10 03:36 PM
1,277 ... 49505152
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD