First off...I am a newbie here and just wanted to say Hello.. Also looking for some instructions and where to purchase a replacement loudspeaker for my wifes 9700.
    It should be a big issue to replace the speaker...but knowing where the tabs and screws are would be great...

Thank you
    Rick
    11-16-10 10:30 AM
    Youtube

Watch it over and over and over. Feel good on doing it then move forward with it. But make sure you know what you are doing first. Just my .02
    11-16-10 10:34 AM
    hello
    im a new user of this forum, and 'd know i saw a app to the Bold 9700 on the App world site, but it has been deleted and i 'd know if i download the app from an other site its that compatibily yet?
    wishes
    Marshall
    11-16-10 10:37 AM
    hello
    im a new user of this forum, and 'd know i saw a app to the Bold 9700 on the App world site, but it has been deleted and i 'd know if i download the app from an other site its that compatibily yet?
    wishes
    Marshall
    Hello,

Wrong section to post this. Check 3rd party app section and please create your own thread.
    11-16-10 10:39 AM
    Hello,

Wrong section to post this. Check 3rd party app section and please create your own thread.
    ok, thanks.
    11-16-10 10:41 AM
    First off...I am a newbie here and just wanted to say Hello.. Also looking for some instructions and where to purchase a replacement loudspeaker for my wifes 9700.
    It should be a big issue to replace the speaker...but knowing where the tabs and screws are would be great...

Thank you
    Rick
    Just remember that once you do take it apart, the warranty won't cover a free replacement (voiding it) should anything go wrong with the hardware.

Also, if you cannot put it back together, the wife will yell at you. Bring it to a kiosk if that happens as they'll have it reassembled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 01:42 PM

Thank you
    Rick
    I know speakers go bad because I have replaced a few, but did you run the test? It could be a software problem.

Options>Status, type "test," OK, BB key, Start. Select Handset Audio, scroll down and click on Run. If it passes, it's a software problem, not hardware.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 11-16-10 at 02:43 PM.
    11-16-10 02:38 PM
    I did the test as you suggested and the speaker failed the test. The rest of the tests passed. So with this information does it mean that the speaker is toast?

Thank you
    Rick
    11-16-10 09:35 PM
    I did the test as you suggested and the speaker failed the test. The rest of the tests passed. So with this information does it mean that the speaker is toast?

Thank you
    Rick
    Yup, you are correct. A warranty exchange is what needs to be done now that it's been ruled out.

11-16-10 09:37 PM
    I think so. I assume you have no warranty and have no fear about taking the 9700 apart. I've never changed a speaker in a 9700 but they should all be the same. I used a needle to get as far under the speaker as possible to pry it out on a 8900. It's just held in with 2-side adhesive.

For replacement parts, try this, ships from CA:
    Blackberry 9700 bold 2 Loud speaker buzzer ringer
    11-16-10 09:50 PM
    I think so. I assume you have no warranty and have no fear about taking the 9700 apart. I've never changed a speaker in a 9700 but they should all be the same. I used a needle to get as far under the speaker as possible to pry it out on a 8900. It's just held in with 2-side adhesive.

For replacement parts, try this, ships from CA:
    Blackberry 9700 bold 2 Loud speaker buzzer ringer
    Before the OP assumes they have to warranty, I suggest they check to see if it's not expired yet by calling the carrier first.

11-16-10 09:56 PM
    I know speakers go bad because I have replaced a few, but did you run the test? It could be a software problem.
    Can you tell me how you replaced it on a 9700? I want to swap the speaker that was on my original housing onto my new housing which came with a blown speaker

11-17-10 02:23 AM
    I just looked a disassembled 9700 and the speaker is on the top main board. It looks like you can just take a needle and pry it out. Use the needle to get under the foam (and under the adhesive) and work your way around the exposed part carefully until you can lift it up, and out.

Just remember which way the connectors face before you remove it. I suggest taking a picture first. Good luck - it doesn't look that hard.

Edit - I just read your post again (rayzian) and you say you have a new housing with a blown speaker. You're talking about the speaker in the midplate? That speaker is accessable after you take off the microSD card reader assembly. Card reader assembly is just pushed into the housing and held in by a rubbery coating on the edges so you just have to carefully pry it out. The speaker under this looks like the same one on the 8900. Get your needle and get under it as far as possible and you can remove it intact. Practice on the bad one.

Again, good luck!
    Last edited by shfjcs; 11-17-10 at 03:35 PM.
    11-17-10 02:59 PM
    Edit - I just read your post again (rayzian) and you say you have a new housing with a blown speaker. You're talking about the speaker in the midplate? That speaker is accessable after you take off the microSD card reader assembly. Card reader assembly is just pushed into the housing and held in by a rubbery coating on the edges so you just have to carefully pry it out. The speaker under this looks like the same one on the 8900. Get your needle and get under it as far as possible and you can remove it intact. Practice on the bad one.

Again, good luck!
    sweet! i got it out, thank you so much! i assume the two pins on the end of it just connect to the card reader and it should work from there?
    11-17-10 03:57 PM
    sweet! i got it out, thank you so much! i assume the two pins on the end of it just connect to the card reader and it should work from there?
    If you're referring to the 2 pins on the speaker, yes, it just makes contact when you replace the card reader. Good job! Just run the sound tests again and you should be good to go!
    11-17-10 04:10 PM
    How do you test the speaker software on os6?
    08-19-11 02:40 PM
    How do you test the speaker software on os6?
    Enable Application shortcuts on homescreen via the options, type in press and hold ALT and type TEST.
    EDIT: doesn't work. Only works in OS 5 I believe unless I'm wrong.

08-19-11 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD