I've recently had a problem with my BB's keyboard.
    Multiple keys press when I press different keys, and when I press the space bar, the 'alt' button also presses with it.
    Any ideas how to fix it?
    08-24-11 02:02 AM
    Have you ever opened the BB?

If so it sounds like it hasnt been put in properly, so if you have the correct screw driver then i suggest you open youre BB ( but be VERY careful).

Hope this helps (if not you can pm me)
    08-24-11 02:30 AM
    I've recently had a problem with my BB's keyboard.
    Multiple keys press when I press different keys, and when I press the space bar, the 'alt' button also presses with it.
    Any ideas how to fix it?
    have you dropped your bb into water?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 03:05 AM
    Could also be resultant of moisture damage, leave the device in a can of uncooked rice (with the battery out and all the covers and compartments open) for overnight 12 - 15 hrs, then check if the back screws are tight enough.
    08-24-11 03:10 AM
    No, I have not left the phone in water.
    I went to get it repaired and since I got it back, it has been like this and can't go back now.

Will WD 40 effect my phone? If I put it in the keys and rub it?
    About the uncooked rice.. It might be sorta hard for me to do that for 15 hours :/
    08-24-11 05:13 AM
    No, I have not left the phone in water.
    I went to get it repaired and since I got it back, it has been like this and can't go back now.

Will WD 40 effect my phone? If I put it in the keys and rub it?
    About the uncooked rice.. It might be sorta hard for me to do that for 15 hours :/
    DO NOT use WD40. Go back to the repair shop or your carrier's store (whichever it was) and demand they do a better job. Then, only then, after you've tested and pressed every single key and nothing didn't work, should you pay them.
    08-24-11 12:16 PM
    Thank you so much.
    But does the rice trick work? Has anyone ever tried so?
    08-24-11 02:13 PM
    Thank you so much.
    But does the rice trick work? Has anyone ever tried so?
    Only works if your device was wet or dropped in water. It cannot fix a broken/damaged/faulty/worn out membrane.

muneebaqeel likes this.
    08-24-11 02:41 PM
    I have put my BB in a rice container, how long do I have to wait before I take it out?
    08-24-11 07:39 PM
    Put to repair shop, they can open and check. If it is wet they can dry it, if it has problem with the membrane they can change it.

08-25-11 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD