I am new to the forum, pleasee excuse any blunders I make. My Bold 9700 was working great for the first 30 days and now it doesn't recognize the memory card - nor can I format it because the menu no longer shows "Format" in the list. Yesterday my browser quit - although I can text, bbm, and send and receive emails. Virgin Mobile has given me a case no (sigh) and one of the techinicans just wants to send me a refurbished phone and then mine goes to RIM. Not real happy about buying a new phone only to get stuck with a refurbished one. Can anyone tell me what i should try to do - possibly download a new OS? The OS I have is 5.0.0.423
    thanks Bonnie
    04-30-10 01:51 PM
    Oh one other thing all my problems seemed to start shortly after I downloaded BB Apps.

Bonnie
    04-30-10 01:53 PM
    Hi bonnie, welcome to the forums.

Have you tried to a battery pull, those usually help to alleviate a majority of issues. One thing to try is remove the memory card while the device does not have the battery, let it load up and then try inserting the card. Hope this helps, others should come by shortly and give other advice.
    04-30-10 01:54 PM
    i agree with diaz. if that doesnt work u can always try to install a new os but if all dont work u will just downgrade to send it in
    04-30-10 02:30 PM
    Hi thanks for your help re the memory card - I will give that a try - thanks again
    05-01-10 11:33 PM
    Hi all I'm back again, my Bold 9700 still does not recognize any memory card! I did the battery pull and startup without the card in, then installed the memory after the device was up & running but in Options - Memory I get a message which says a media card is not presently inserted in the device and it is really. I have 1g, 2g and and 8g media cards all of which I have tried and all are not recognized. They can't all be faulty and I've used the 8g and 2 g in my old curve and had no problems. So maybe I will have to suck it up and go for a refurbished after all? Not really confident about wiping my device and reinstalling OS but I could give it a shot. (I guess)
    Anyway thanks for your help with this.
    Bonnie
    05-01-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD