Hello i just bought my BB bold 9700 and im from the philippines. all of the BB here are in QWERTY keyboard mode. I think mine is from france or belgium,keyboard its in AZERTY.

Is there a possibility that i can change the keyboard to the QWERTY mode?
    do i need to apply or install a software then buy a new keypads?

Need some opinions guys thanks
    08-08-11 05:37 AM
    Not possible as it is hard-wired. It cannot be changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 08:56 PM
    I've never taken apart my 9700 so I can't say for sure, but I always thought that the keyboard can be exchanged without hassle.

Also these spare part resellers like truesupplier sell keyboards for blackberries, for the 9700 e.g. here .
    08-09-11 06:59 PM
    I've never taken apart my 9700 so I can't say for sure, but I always thought that the keyboard can be exchanged without hassle.

Also these spare part resellers like truesupplier sell keyboards for blackberries, for the 9700 e.g. here .
    But regardless, azerty to qwerty cannot be changed. It's hardwired. Not even an app could change it.

08-09-11 07:38 PM
    But regardless, azerty to qwerty cannot be changed. It's hardwired. Not even an app could change it.

Ok, that makes sense. I'd have guessed that there is a chance to also change the corresponding software, but if that's all hardwired as you say, I was wrong. Sorry for that.
    08-10-11 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD