The 9800 is freaking ugly.
    I'm fine with the slider

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 02:05 AM
    Slider - but not if GSM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 06:02 AM
    At least the 9800 is something new and different, but kind of too gimmicky so probably the 9650, thought it has really been the same since the Tour came out.

Not with Verizon it's not. That's the whole premise of this thread...if the AT&T Slider 9800 and the Verizon Bold 9650 come out the same month, which is the better phone?
    05-26-10 08:24 AM
    No, I'm saying it may be worth switching carriers for a superior phone. I wouldn't switch to Sprint to get the same phone that will be at Verizon within the next month (I hope), but I may be willing to switch carriers for a phone with more features, more memory, and a faster processor.
    Sprint you would get the same phone as Verizon, and save a considerable amount of money, and more than likely have the same coverage and quailty of service...

Verizon's edge over Sprint really is if you live in the sticks with >2500 population then Sprint would roam onto VZW (free I might add).....If Verizon doesnt show any signs of the BOLD by your contract end date i would try it on Sprint...epecially with Sprint's 30-day money back policy you'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain with the saving potential.

If you'd jump blindly to ATT, you owe it to yourself to try Sprint atleast....You couldn't do any worse.
    05-26-10 09:45 AM
    good luck with the 3G coverage... which i am sure you know is ranked
    1. vz
    2. sprint
    3. att
    4. tmo

so you want to pay the most money for the 3rd best network?.. okie dokie!
    I'm SOOOOO GLAD that someone finally sees that AT&T is NOT the fastest 3G network... They are about the ONLY 3G Network... Sprint=4G!!! LEVEL UP AT&T!!!!!!!

There was rumor of the 9800 coming to Sprint by the end of 2010... that would be great if that were true... Loving the 9650 so far, and not ready to flip it just yet

But I have phone upgrade-itis, and by year's end, I'd probably be ready for the 9800... but only if it comes to Sprint... not going back to at&t... no way (I've been on all 4 carriers... T-Mo recently... great but p!ss poor data speeds... Sprint has been the best so far on all fronts (cheap plans, fast data, great voice and signal)...
    yeah, the 9800 WILL be on sprint Q4 This Year... And im with you... i want the 9800 too... but i'll wait until may of next year, when they have all the Bugs out of it...

The 9800 is freaking ugly.
    YOU SIR/MA'AM, are out of your mind!!! lol jk

Dang, another Slider 9800 video released. I've really been looking forward to the 9650, but this 9800 looks really cool.

Yeah i would go ahead & upgrade to the 9650 now, and then when the 9800 is out, wait a few months 4 it to be a stable OS, considering this is RIM's 1st Non-SureType BB...
    05-26-10 12:04 PM
    Sprint you would get the same phone as Verizon, and save a considerable amount of money, and more than likely have the same coverage and quailty of service...

Verizon's edge over Sprint really is if you live in the sticks with >2500 population then Sprint would roam onto VZW (free I might add).....If Verizon doesnt show any signs of the BOLD by your contract end date i would try it on Sprint...epecially with Sprint's 30-day money back policy you'd have nothing to lose and everything to gain with the saving potential.

If you'd jump blindly to ATT, you owe it to yourself to try Sprint atleast....You couldn't do any worse.
    Thanks to all for the advice, but I'm not choosing between Sprint and Verizon. I'm already with Verizon, and if Verizon gets the Bold I will get it from Verizon. I have no issues with Verizon's coverage. My query was if the AT&T Slider came while I'm still waiting for Verizon to produce the Bold, I would be tempted to switch.

All posters have dissed AT&T so I'm quite sure that I won't leave Verizon, but I thought it was an issue worth exploring.
    05-26-10 12:37 PM
    Then i suggest you just wait it out for the Bold on Verizon, whenever that day comes.
    05-26-10 04:16 PM
    Yeah, I love how people blame the iPhone for its poor reception

A phone is only as good as the network it is on.

All posters have dissed AT&T so I'm quite sure that I won't leave Verizon,
    05-26-10 04:21 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD