im having issues with my 9650. the trackpad will only scroll left/right but not up and down and theres also no response when i click it. i reinstalled the os to see if it would solve the problem but it didnt and the phone is now stuck at the user agreement. please if anyone could help me out that would be great
    05-04-11 02:16 AM
    Any water damage on the device or damage to the top of the optical track pad?
    05-04-11 09:24 AM
    Check to make sure that the RIGHT convenience key, the one that defaults to control the camera is not stuck partially in or being pressed on by a case. I have experienced that behavior when my Otterbox case was accidentally pressing on that key. It is a two-stage key and if it gets partially depressed it glitches the cursor movement - only left-right.

Good luck
    05-04-11 09:31 AM
    theres no water damage and no case on it.
    05-04-11 10:44 AM
    does anyone know how i can fix this? =/
    05-04-11 11:16 AM
    does anyone know how i can fix this? =/
    Under a year? Just get a warranty replacement..
    05-05-11 09:40 AM
    i bought the phone used. so no warranty =/
    05-05-11 03:49 PM
    Verizon is currently doing open insurance enrollment until May 12th. If you get the TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) you can get insurance on the device and then wait thirty days and request either an insurance replacement or warranty replacement.

If you're on another carrier then I guess you're SOL. Buy a 'new' used bold for 100$?
    05-05-11 04:01 PM
    Does the RIGHT convenience key bring up the camera? Does it work to focus and then snap?

Try pressing and releasing the RIGHT convenience key a number of times in case it is stuck. Make sure to fully press.

Oh, go to Options, Status and then type "test" without the quotes. You will not see what you are typing but it should enter Test mode. You can test the keyboard and other things. I'm not sure about the convenience keys.
    05-05-11 04:02 PM
    yea the phone is unlocked and im using it on att. @f2 i reinstalled the os thinking it was a software issue, and now i cant even get past the user agreement in the beginning.
    05-06-11 11:56 AM
    Have you tried taking into a repair shop to see if they can do anything for you? There are some local mom & pop shops that repair phones. Try taking to one of them and see if they can do anything for you.
    05-06-11 12:41 PM
    Even if you bought it used its warrenty would still be good right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 09:03 PM
    I too am having trouble with the trackpad - this is my 2nd replacement phone in less than a year. I've only had this one a few weeks. I was beginning to think it was me. It may be time to switch to the iPhone.
    07-10-11 06:20 PM

How long have you had it or is that the reason the person sold it?

You can get new trackpads and install them, if that is the part at fault.

But not for someone who has never opened a BB up before.

Maybe a local cell repair shop could help you.

Tim
    07-10-11 07:38 PM
    I too am having trouble with the trackpad - this is my 2nd replacement phone in less than a year. I've only had this one a few weeks. I was beginning to think it was me. It may be time to switch to the iPhone.
    Are you mashing down on the pad at times?

I use the heck out of mine and no issues..

Tim
    07-10-11 07:39 PM
    Notice how it's always "time to switch to the iPhone" ... as if iPhones never have any issues?
    07-12-11 03:02 PM
    yea the phone is unlocked and im using it on att. @f2 i reinstalled the os thinking it was a software issue, and now i cant even get past the user agreement in the beginning.
    You're using a 9650 on AT&T? Do you have a BIS plan?
    07-12-11 03:03 PM
    You're using a 9650 on AT&T? Do you have a BIS plan?
    What does that have to do with the trackpad not scrolling up and down? More inportantly, why are you responding to a post that's been dormant for 2 months?
    07-12-11 03:09 PM
    What does that have to do with the trackpad not scrolling up and down? More inportantly, why are you responding to a post that's been dormant for 2 months?
    Nothing. That was a long shot. I was curious if that poster is using his 9650 with an AT&T sim. As for it being an old thread, I did notice it, but it had some recent activity, so I asked, thinking maybe I'd get lucky, get a reply, and learn.
    07-12-11 03:56 PM
    My phone delay to open also you hear the trackpad but it is not phisically responding
    09-24-13 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD