06-22-10 05:41 PM
274 1234 ...
tools
    ill give the benefit of the doubt on the trackpad being a tick higher on the upper left, it is only a tick though, but if you are picky, you can definitly tell

otherwise i am having no issues, and damn is it fast compared to my tour, which, i thought was fast when i first got it
    05-19-10 12:07 PM
    anyone experiencing battery door issues?
    05-19-10 12:12 PM
    OK My first Hiccup I was online with a sprint CS concerning another phone. While I was on the phone another call came in (which was a spam call) but was rejected thanks to the awesome call block prg. However once I hung up from the call with the sprint CS my LED started flashing red for no reason. I had no new txt msgs, no new emails, I cleared my phone log, No calendar events were planned. I turned the phone off the red LED went out, then as soon as I turned the phoen back on, the flashing red led came back again. The only thing that would clear it was a battery pull ????
    05-19-10 12:13 PM
    anyone experiencing battery door issues?
    Battery door is secure, not loose at all.

Also I've said it before but there's a definitely problem with the OS/device and I heart radio, some stations freeze my device and I have to pull battery, I immediately test on my storm 2 the same station and it works fine.
    05-19-10 12:27 PM
    despite having a 9700 right now - and a late build, pretty flawless one at that... i'm jumping ship as I can't stand T-Mo anymore (their data speeds truly suck in my area...)... So with any luck, will have 9650 tomorrow or Friday (placed online order this am)... I hope I don't have issues... if I do, just an exchange away - under the 30 day trial period (new activation)....
    05-19-10 12:28 PM
    despite having a 9700 right now - and a late build, pretty flawless one at that... i'm jumping ship as I can't stand T-Mo anymore (their data speeds truly suck in my area...)... So with any luck, will have 9650 tomorrow or Friday (placed online order this am)... I hope I don't have issues... if I do, just an exchange away - under the 30 day trial period (new activation)....
    You change your mind more than my girlfriend lol...
    05-19-10 12:33 PM
    The only issue I am having right now is the same 1 i had with other sprint OS on my tour. I'm not getting my bbm sometimes till i send 1 then i get a flood of them.
    BIS issues today its the norm when reported
    05-19-10 12:34 PM
    You change your mind more than my girlfriend lol...
    Indeed... I have issues...

Seriously though... 0.3 Mbps (ie. 300 kbps) tethering speeds is pathetically sad and I've had it... T-Mo claims "oh, we don't throttle"... well EFF 'em... I'm not going to be saving their sinking ship any longer...
    05-19-10 12:35 PM
    I'm thinking Opera not working is more of an OS issue than an issue with the device itself. I can't use Opera on my 8530 with 5.0.601. The mouse is way too sensitive.

It's something Opera will need to fix. (Which sucks because I used Opera a lot.)
    Last edited by a.leah86; 05-19-10 at 12:50 PM.
    05-19-10 12:37 PM
    can anyone report how the vibrate is compared to 9630?
    05-19-10 12:49 PM
    It's a Tour, whatever problems you had with a Tour you will have with the So-Call Bold 9650. They just disgraced the Bold name!!!
    you sir are a ******.... for one you do not own the device so you can make a claim that the 9650 will have the same probs at the tour as you have not had it in your hands yet.... i know 2 probs right of the bat they fixed based on multiple comments posted by ACTUAL 9650 owners... 1 prob they resolved was the battery door which isnt loose nemore. 2nd major prob with the trackball being not as responsive has been corrected by the trackPAD... and the current "BOLD" for ATT has 256 MB... and the 9650 has 512MB and all other specs match up line per line.... so before you bring your opinion and try to pass it of as facts ... stop and use a little bit of common sense and logic b4 raining on everyone's parade
    05-19-10 12:55 PM
    I'm thinking Opera not working is more of an OS issue than an issue with the device itself. I can't use Opera on my 8530 with 5.0.601. The mouse is way too sensitive.

It's something Opera will need to fix. (Which sucks because I used Opera a lot.)
    hopefuly with the release of OS6 and the new webkit browser we can all say goodbye to opera and hello to webkit.. prob solved
    05-19-10 01:01 PM
    i know the first batch of tours had issues with the batttery door, do you think the "crooked" track pad will be the batter door of the bold? also what did VZW offer a refund or exchange for the battery door problem? or in other words what did vzw do about it? i know later batches were better.
    05-19-10 03:07 PM
    Yea I also noticed the trackpad is a little up on the left side, and my signal does jump, but that's no big deal. Definitely a phone worth keeping and cant wait til they start leaking OS for it.
    05-19-10 03:16 PM
    maybe the trackpad is placed at an angle on purpose? Now this is just a theory of course so all the flamers .. i repeat his is just a theory not proof... but since majority of the ppl are right handed... a lil raise on the left side mite make it a lil bit easier to scroll and make it feel more natural... kinda like how BMWs make the dash board controls slanted slighted left towards the driver... not a huge diff but def a nice lil attention to detail
    05-19-10 03:22 PM
    Hmmm that's actually a pretty good theory. Either way, as long as I'm able to scroll, a tiny little tilt won't bother me (I hope) lol

maybe the trackpad is placed at an angle on purpose? Now this is just a theory of course so all the flamers .. i repeat his is just a theory not proof... but since majority of the ppl are right handed... a lil raise on the left side mite make it a lil bit easier to scroll and make it feel more natural... kinda like how BMWs make the dash board controls slanted slighted left towards the driver... not a huge diff but def a nice lil attention to detail
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 03:28 PM
    Same issue with Opera Mini and the trackpad. Has anyone tried Bolt?
    05-19-10 03:36 PM
    trackpad issue is nothing compared to loose battery door.
    05-19-10 03:53 PM
    As I posted earlier this was an issue when I had my 9700 as you can see from this thread. More of a pet peeve than any performance issue. Even the solid, straight ones over time would begin to loosen up a bit and wobble.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/bl...eaning-361610/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/97...-tight-366044/
    Last edited by ejmdds; 05-19-10 at 04:17 PM.
    05-19-10 04:14 PM
    sounds like a very solid phone so far!
    05-19-10 04:24 PM
    They are saying that the browser in the Bold 9650 5.0.0.692 leak is one of the fastest bb browsers they've ever seen. They've been running it on the 9630 Tour after doing a few tweaks. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys think of it if anyone decides to give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 04:24 PM
    Just downloaded Bolt Browser and it seems to have none of the Opera Mini issues. Going to give it a try!
    05-19-10 05:00 PM

Makes sense, but I don't know if I will like that. I may be right-handed, but I am BB left-handed.
    05-19-10 05:18 PM
    Did you happen to notice his AVATAR was a Bold 9650 and not a tour AVATAR

you sir are a ******.... for one you do not own the device so you can make a claim that the 9650 will have the same probs at the tour as you have not had it in your hands yet.... i know 2 probs right of the bat they fixed based on multiple comments posted by ACTUAL 9650 owners... 1 prob they resolved was the battery door which isnt loose nemore. 2nd major prob with the trackball being not as responsive has been corrected by the trackPAD... and the current "BOLD" for ATT has 256 MB... and the 9650 has 512MB and all other specs match up line per line.... so before you bring your opinion and try to pass it of as facts ... stop and use a little bit of common sense and logic b4 raining on everyone's parade
    05-19-10 08:37 PM
    This possibly could be true. I ntoiced when its dark and I pick up the phone I slide my finger to find a key to press to bring it back to life and I can feel the slightly raised trackpad....so it may be a feature

05-19-10 08:38 PM
274 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD