Dust cant get under the glass its sealed lcd so no worries
    06-16-10 09:22 AM
    I love BB's and this is my 4th one. Haven't had any problems OTHER THAN this particular one that I can't take anymore. Every so often my trackpad freezes and the only way that I figured out to unlock it is hitting the standby key waiting it to dim out to standby mode and then bringing it back again.

I don't have that many apps on my phone so thats not the problem but I do believe its a software issue as it crashes and its not a physical problem.

The trackpad itself barely moves or toggles like a few others have had problems with.

I tried reinstalling the OS and it was no use, didn't work at all, same issue same problem.

only apps I have running are googlemaps and facebook.

does anyone have a solution?
    06-16-10 10:47 AM
    my biggest beef (i LOVE the device BTW) is the noisy camera lens...seems to be an issue with all the 9650's ive played with (alot actually) and the 9700 as well....more of an annoyance since everything works fine
    06-16-10 10:50 AM
    my biggest beef (i LOVE the device BTW) is the noisy camera lens...seems to be an issue with all the 9650's ive played with (alot actually) and the 9700 as well....more of an annoyance since everything works fine
    Agreed. My camera lens is noisy as well. I just went to the verizon store and tested out the display 9650 it made the rattle too. So yea, it seems pretty common.

So other than the camera rattle, the dumb usb charger slot position, and the weak vibrate, its an awesome phone...especially coming from an 8330
    06-16-10 12:49 PM
    Agreed. My camera lens is noisy as well. I just went to the verizon store and tested out the display 9650 it made the rattle too. So yea, it seems pretty common.

So other than the camera rattle, the dumb usb charger slot position, and the weak vibrate, its an awesome phone...especially coming from an 8330
    not to play a game of one-up-manship, but i came from an 8830 so this is like going from windows ME to windows 7...in about the 45 minutes it took to transfer everything over....
    06-16-10 12:57 PM
    I posted a new thread about the one extremely weird issue I experienced with my VZW 9650. Everything is great otherwise.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/96...-trail-483951/
    Last edited by pheelthemusic; 06-16-10 at 01:00 PM.
    06-16-10 12:58 PM
    Anybody know why the screen is recessed?
    06-16-10 02:01 PM
    I've had the phone since Saturday. The only problem I have so far is that I can't get a connection to the 9650 via USB. The PC says that it is an unrecognized device, DM doesn't see it, and it does not charge - says power level is too low. I tested on a laptop I have connected an 8830 to for years, and then tried on a desktop - same symptoms all around. The very newest DM is installed on both systems.

I can charge via the AC adapter. I guess the phone will need to go back to the VZW store - anyone have a guess as to whether I have a bad phone or just a bad USB cable? I don't have another compatible cable to test with, so I am just speculating. Thanks.
    06-16-10 07:14 PM
    Not very pleased with the seemingly slow tethering speeds. When I was a wm user pdanet was fine for watching news videos and an occasional hulu show. Very seldom got jerky or froze. I've tried "tether" and now pda net again and for a no flash site tether is great, connects very fast and is basically a pleasure to use until I go to the nightly news videos. Very painful. Pdanet is the same, I was hoping one might work better over the other. Tether connects fast. Pdanet costs $20 less, thats good. Pdanet connects slow thats bad.
    So I'm thinking it's the BB I guess. I thought the 600+mb browser cpu would run faster(better) than my old TP2 at 528mb. Not so. Anyway disappointed and just venting a bit. Now I understand better why the bb browser is so slow most of the time.

Last edited by cbreze; 06-16-10 at 10:37 PM.
    06-16-10 10:34 PM
    Anyone notice that the browser is not recognized as a mobile device by most websites? When going to some websites on my 8330 the screen was for mobile interface. On the 9650 it brings up the page as if I was in my pc. I checked the properties and the Browser Identification is set to Blackberry.
    06-17-10 02:53 PM
    The trackpad issues are turning me off from ordering one. I ordered a case and screen protector last night and I'm due for an upgrade tomorrow but I'm not sure what to do.
    06-17-10 07:42 PM
    Don't order it? If it's bothering you that much what would be the point in ordering it...
    06-17-10 07:43 PM
    The trackpad issues are turning me off from ordering one. I ordered a case and screen protector last night and I'm due for an upgrade tomorrow but I'm not sure what to do.
    Dude, the trackpad is the least of all the issues. For most, including me it is a non issue simply because the awesome features outweigh it by tons. I would be more concerned about the rest of the issues, so yeah, you better not get it.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-17-10 at 07:53 PM.
    06-17-10 07:49 PM
    Dude, the trackpad is the least of all the issues. For most, including me it is a non issue simply because the awesome features outweigh it by tons. I would be more concerned about the rest of the issues, so yeah, you better not get it.
    Seems like a non issue then, thanks.
    06-17-10 08:02 PM
    I just had a dropped call a little while ago and decided to check thru my settings. My signal is fine at home so anyway I found my mobile settings changed from home to auto and from 1EX to global. I set them back and will wait and see if it makes a diff. I swear I had them set home/1EX before, but I did the upgrade and might have forgot to change it back. I hope thats all it was. I did drop a couple other calls earlier in the week also with the other settings.
    06-18-10 02:53 PM
    If you don't flip the sim card over or remove it the settings will switch back to global on a soft reset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 03:03 PM
    I did the upgrade about a week ago and pulled my sim a couple days before that. I'm thinking I just spaced out resetting it after the upgrade. I'll be rechecking it from time to time now especially if I have another drop. I wonder if having it set to global with no sim in has any detrimental effects on reception. Just thinking out loud.lol.
    06-18-10 03:27 PM
    It was the USB cable...all better now. Time to play!

I've had the phone since Saturday. The only problem I have so far is that I can't get a connection to the 9650 via USB. The PC says that it is an unrecognized device, DM doesn't see it, and it does not charge - says power level is too low. I tested on a laptop I have connected an 8830 to for years, and then tried on a desktop - same symptoms all around. The very newest DM is installed on both systems.

I can charge via the AC adapter. I guess the phone will need to go back to the VZW store - anyone have a guess as to whether I have a bad phone or just a bad USB cable? I don't have another compatible cable to test with, so I am just speculating. Thanks.
    06-19-10 09:29 AM
    anyone else here wondering why so many people who Dont own the bold are flaming it already? I'm here because i want to see what the issues are for when the 9650 bold comes to warranty replace my 9630. Why do people feel the need to flame a device they never touched before?
    06-19-10 01:40 PM
    I seem to have my copy/paste in some kind of lock mode. I haven't found a setting yet, but whenever I'm in the bb browser and want to click a link it highlites the whole thing. Even highlites when scrolling. Is something stuck on I'm missing? It's getting annoying to say the least.
    06-19-10 06:37 PM
    You're in select mode. Just do Menu>Copy and it will exit select mode

06-19-10 06:38 PM
    You're in select mode. Just do Menu>Copy and it will exit select mode

Thanks papped, Thats what I was looking for.
    06-19-10 06:59 PM
    has any one been having issues with 3rd party themes on there bb? When I install a theme it give me an Uncaught execption:Java.illegalArgumentException whenever I try to use my browser and the reason in my event log is JVM:INFOp=321e963a,a='5.0.0.699',o='4.2.0.318',h=7 001504. does anyone know how to fix ths?
    06-22-10 12:10 AM
    I'm having problem now with blackberry browser where it won't let me click on links. It doesn't recognize it being a link. Or it changes to little hand but clicking doesn't do anything. Already wiped couple times. Problem happens intermittantly.

06-22-10 05:41 PM
274 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD