yes trackpad is also slightly higher on the left, is also but now seems like intended. My bold rebooted on me like I had did alt rshift del when replying in bbm by to my wifes phone.
    Last edited by realwirehead; 06-10-10 at 09:53 AM. Reason: clarification
    06-10-10 09:51 AM
    I also have a trackpad that's slightly raised on the left side. Even still, it's much better than that dang trackball!
    06-12-10 02:29 AM
    Just picked up my 9650 tonight. Here's my issues real quick for now: keyboard is taking some. Getting used to. My trackpad is also slightly raised on the left. I don't like that the numbers aren't uniform in color. Seems the one two three buttons are darker than the 7 8 9. <-- nit picky, i know. Whatever. Wifi is not really wifi speeds. Its waaay faster than being on the road and pulling data out the forest. But no way is this true wifi speed. I mean lets be honest.

The bing problem can easy be fixed by setting your browser to open to your homepage. So just set google as your home page. Quick easy and effective work around. At least it works for me.

Btw - This phone blows the 8330 out of the water in terms of speed. Its ridiculous.

That is all. For now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 04:30 AM
    the trackpad is indeed slightly raised on the left for some reason. Its also purple looking in regular light lol.

I have a storm 2 but I bought this phone for my girlfriends line and I have to say that although I do like it, it does have a slightly cheap feel to it as opposed to the storm 2 that has a heavier and more metal feel.

Maybe its the weight and battery cover on the storm 2 that fools you, I dont know. I just know that I like the industrial feel and the bold definitely doesnt have that. The screen feels like I can break it with a quick and easy press of 2 fingers, 1 in front and back. Now... that may be the case with most phones, but the key is that when you feel this phone, it FEELS the part. Maybe there's more plastics???

Its also not as fast as I thought it would be. Def locks up from time to time as you navigate. So far it hasnt done it for more than 2 to 3 seconds at a time but thats enough to convince me it isnt the same phone as the GSM bold which was known for being the fastest BB on the planet. At least the 9000 was anyway...

And for mid way 2010, I expected more given the competition! Don't know what OS6 can do but lets see...

So far I give it a C+ (nothing great or revolutionary, but nothing subparr either)
    I think I was slightly harsh when giving this phone a rating (not that anyone cares really lol). However I just want to correct myself and give it a B+

After some more use with it, I come to realize its a solid device overall. OS is smooth and the freezing I spoke about was more at the start. Adam was right, the OS has to settle in for a while and then it becomes smooth. I still won't give it an A because its a bit outdated in comparision to the new iphone and the latest andriod phones.

Still love my big screen from my Storm 2 over this one. I guess I got so used to it that when I looked at the bold, it just seemed 2nd class in comparison. Although texting and e-mail are my biggest uses, the big screen just makes better use for apps and web browsing.

OS6 will definitely look better on a touch screen device verses small screen keypad devices. And with the new reengineered screens for the Storms and it only getting better and better, I cant see how I would go back to a keyboard that cuts my screen in half (current bold is my gf's device). I still type faster with suretype on my Storm 2 than I do on this Bold even though its a top notch keyboard. I guess suretype's predictory text and the flatness of the keys makes it faster for my man fingers.

Anyway, both are good devices. Looking forward to Storm 3 though!
    06-12-10 07:19 AM
    I love the phone. I came from an 8330. One issue that I found is that when you press the call button and start to enter numbers it doesn't bring up contacts that match. I have contacts with numbers in the last name. My 8330 would list the contacts that match the number.

If I search in the contacts the list of matching contacts come up. ANy one else have this issue?
    06-14-10 05:43 PM
    Anybody else's trackpad seem to sit higher on the left side than the right side? Or is that in my head? I do love this phone so far though....
    Wow I thought it was me, I have been on the road for the past 15 days and my new Bold has been sitting here in the box and last night was the first I had time to play with it and I noticed the trackpad right off the bat , but I like it so much more than the ball.
    06-14-10 08:10 PM
    Ive been noticing lately that my browser is very sporadic as to when it works well. My phone generally has full bars on 3G and the browser sometimes just seems like it doesn't want to work. But then other times its lightning fast. I don't get it. Kinda frustrating
    06-14-10 09:10 PM
    Ever since I updated to the new softwear, when I go into app world I cannot read the reviews. I get the message, "There was a problem reading data from the server and BlackBerry App World must exit. Error type:100002." Any suggestions?
    06-14-10 10:19 PM
    yes trackpad is also slightly higher on the left, is also but now seems like intended. My bold rebooted on me like I had did alt rshift del when replying in bbm by to my wifes phone.
    Okay ... So this reply isn't intended to send anyone off the deep end! My Bold had the trackpad that was not only tilted to the right, but also not square with the face of the phone. I took a pencil with an eraser and pressed on the left side of the trackpad and the right. Clearly the left side functioned better, than pressing on the right side. I decided to visit my local VZW store to see if this was normal. First thing the rep said was, "Yeah, that's not right."

We looked at the floor model and found the same to be true. But, the Curve next to it was perfect. So the rep opens a new box and pulls out the new Bold. Same thing. Then he grabbed a second one and opened it. Perfectly square a flush trackpad. This one happened to be made in Canada while the other two were Mexico. Not that it should matter. But there are perfectly square and flush trackpads out there!

06-14-10 10:34 PM
    Okay ... So this reply isn't intended to send anyone off the deep end! My Bold had the trackpad that was not only tilted to the right, but also not square with the face of the phone. I took a pencil with an eraser and pressed on the left side of the trackpad and the right. Clearly the left side functioned better, than pressing on the right side. I decided to visit my local VZW store to see if this was normal. First thing the rep said was, "Yeah, that's not right."

We looked at the floor model and found the same to be true. But, the Curve next to it was perfect. So the rep opens a new box and pulls out the new Bold. Same thing. Then he grabbed a second one and opened it. Perfectly square a flush trackpad. This one happened to be made in Canada while the other two were Mexico. Not that it should matter. But there are perfectly square and flush trackpads out there!

That's pretty interesting. I have a tilted trackpad too, so after reading your post I took the battery out and checked out where it was made. Sure enough, it was made in Mexico. This one is actually my second because the first one shipped to me had a blown out speaker right out of the box. I may have to take this one back in as well.
    06-14-10 11:27 PM
    Mine is tilted, with squeaking back/menu buttons. Made in Mexico as well. Going to take it to the store tomorrow.
    06-15-10 01:28 AM
    Mine is tilted, with squeaking back/menu buttons. Made in Mexico as well. Going to take it to the store tomorrow.
    Aren't they all made in Mexico ?
    06-15-10 06:47 AM
    Aren't they all made in Mexico ?
    No. Mine is made in Canada.

06-15-10 07:09 AM
    No. Mine is made in Canada.

Thanks I really thought they were all made in Mexico

Anyone know what the 5 means where it says Made In Mexico 5

It seems odd that with only a few accessories included that they are listed as being made in
    Japan, China, Indonesia, Mexico , Brazil and Turkey
    Last edited by TheMiz; 06-15-10 at 07:20 AM.
    06-15-10 07:18 AM
    For some reason my password I setup for the password keeper doesn't work anymore. Not sure why, but I can't get into it to even change it. I have 3 more attempts out of 10. Can anybody shed any info on what happens after that and how to reset it. Thanks for any info.
    I can't answer specifically on the reset, but I experienced similar issue with entering a BB unlock password. On my old 8830, the "switch to capital letter" depress time is longer than on the 9650. In other words, if you hold down the letter longer than a very quick depress on the 9650, it will cap the letter. Try typing each letter of your password with very quick depresses. I hope that helps.
    06-15-10 09:47 AM
    I seen some talk about the PRL's

Out of the box I am at 65132
    if I read this correct, I should do the *228 I am sure it will be reduced
    will it help battery life and signal ?
    06-15-10 11:19 AM
    *228 option 2 will help with signal because it updates "tower information". I don't know if it helps with battery life but I have to guess no, it doesn't.
    But that's my opinion, someone who has more knowledge about this may chime in.
    06-15-10 11:23 AM
    *228 option 2 will help with signal because it updates "tower information". I don't know if it helps with battery life but I have to guess no, it doesn't.
    But that's my opinion, someone who has more knowledge about this may chime in.
    Thought that was just for roaming .
    Last edited by TheMiz; 06-15-10 at 01:15 PM.
    06-15-10 12:07 PM
    I can't answer specifically on the reset, but I experienced similar issue with entering a BB unlock password. On my old 8830, the "switch to capital letter" depress time is longer than on the 9650. In other words, if you hold down the letter longer than a very quick depress on the 9650, it will cap the letter. Try typing each letter of your password with very quick depresses. I hope that helps.
    Thanks for the info. My 732 updating reset the pw keeper so all is good.
    06-15-10 12:31 PM
    Is anyone noticing their phone freezing when receiving a text message? When I'm doing anything with my phone right before i get a sms the phone will freeze for 5 secs then the message will come through. This doesn't happen with emails or bbm, only text.
    06-15-10 07:11 PM
    Is anyone noticing their phone freezing when receiving a text message? When I'm doing anything with my phone right before i get a sms the phone will freeze for 5 secs then the message will come through. This doesn't happen with emails or bbm, only text.
    It was performing the Anti-Virus scan on your SMS to prevent spyware, virus, threats...
    Dun worry it is norm. LoL

06-15-10 07:26 PM
    It was performing the Anti-Virus scan on your SMS to prevent spyware, virus, threats...

Thanks. Never would have guessed that.
    06-15-10 09:05 PM
    My 9650 won't lock when I put it in my holster. The setting under the password menu is correctly set.

Also, when I manually lock it, when the screen turns on, it shows my desktop and says that it's locked. It does not show my owner information.

Are there any fixes for these problems? I've updated to 732 and the problem persists.
    06-16-10 08:53 AM

What Are you talking about? What Anti Virus? Because if was AV it would scan all incoming messages.......Your phone should NOT freeze on incoming sms.
    06-16-10 09:06 AM
    Something I've noticed that is starting to bug me and that is the dust that collects at the bottom of the glass in that little edge that should have been flush and isn't. I really hope the seal is tight and no dust gets under the glass.
    06-16-10 09:10 AM
274 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD