i really hope this thread stays empty, but may be as good a place as any to list them. hopeing to keep it to actual defects and problems. i got suckered into the 8350i when it first came out and was followed by issue after issue, ditching the dc now and most likely going with the bold. just wondering what i am in for. like i said, hope they fixed all the tour issues, guess we will see.
    05-18-10 09:43 PM
    Bow....I am also thinking of dumping this POS 8350i for the 9650. Let me know if you like the bold better please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by lawden; 05-18-10 at 10:49 PM.
    05-18-10 10:47 PM
    Anybody else's trackpad seem to sit higher on the left side than the right side? Or is that in my head? I do love this phone so far though....
    05-18-10 10:49 PM
    Get ready for some screen ripple complaints peppered in and some loose trackpad mentions to go with it.
    05-19-10 12:07 AM
    Get ready for some screen ripple complaints peppered in and some loose trackpad mentions to go with it.
    Get ready for one of the BB zealots to see this and ask why are you still here.
    05-19-10 12:10 AM
    Get ready for one of the BB zealots to see this and ask why are you still here.
    lol, very true. BTW, I've wanted to tell you this for a long time and I truly hope you don't get offended by it (because it's not inteded like that at all), but I think your avatar looks like Will Smith in Hancock. lol
    05-19-10 12:14 AM
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE .... this phone
    05-19-10 12:29 AM
    keyboard is AWESOME !

but you probably already know that if you had a tour..

im coming from an 8330
    05-19-10 12:30 AM
    lol, very true. BTW, I've wanted to tell you this for a long time and I truly hope you don't get offended by it (because it's not inteded like that at all), but I think your avatar looks like Will Smith in Hancock. lol
    Why thank you for observing my OBVIOUS handsomeness!

I'm not here to be admired by the masses however. I'm seriously thinking about getting a 9650 so i'm waiting to see if the usual flood of complaints about RIMs build "quality" comes in with this.
    05-19-10 12:30 AM
    Why thank you for observing my OBVIOUS handsomeness!

I'm not here to be admired by the masses however. I'm seriously thinking about getting a 9650 so i'm waiting to see if the usual flood of complaints about RIMs build "quality" comes in with this.
    Well, considering each of the forums here have complaints about each and every model of BB so far, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    05-19-10 12:32 AM
    Browser speed, compared to the 9630?
    05-19-10 12:32 AM
    Browser seems about the same as 9630 to me

05-19-10 12:51 AM
    Yep, left side is a tad higher on mine too
    05-19-10 12:57 AM
    Yep, left side is a tad higher on mine too
    I thought so, probably not a deal breaker, but a little annoying.
    05-19-10 01:01 AM
    It's a Tour, whatever problems you had with a Tour you will have with the So-Call Bold 9650. They just disgraced the Bold name!!!
    05-19-10 01:50 AM
    The only issue I am having right now is the same 1 i had with other sprint OS on my tour. I'm not getting my bbm sometimes till i send 1 then i get a flood of them. Its like a data delay my data icon wont popup in the corner till i send a message out. But I had this issue with my tour till i installed a leaked OS. But as far as the phone goes the "WOW" facter bout this phone wore off quick after i got it. play with it for about an hr, realized it wasn't much of an upgrade & glad I didn't have to pay for it.
    05-19-10 04:42 AM
    Signal fluxuates a lot. Touch phone or move a inch 4 bars to 0 bars. Web pages hang. Wifi or 3g. Mouse pointer goes crazy fast in opera.
    [

QUOTE=bow40;5134458]i really hope this thread stays empty, but may be as good a place as any to list them. hopeing to keep it to actual defects and problems. i got suckered into the 8350i when it first came out and was followed by issue after issue, ditching the dc now and most likely going with the bold. just wondering what i am in for. like i said, hope they fixed all the tour issues, guess we will see.[/QUOTE]

05-19-10 06:23 AM
    Subscribes to follow Bold issues.

05-19-10 06:25 AM
    We all know that nothing is perfect but still I think atleast we can try to solve the problems as much as possible we can and try to make the the things near to perfect so that no more issues are there.
    Last edited by kendustin7; 05-25-10 at 06:54 AM.
    05-19-10 07:26 AM
    Has anyone got sirius xm to work?

05-19-10 07:53 AM
    I've also noticed the trackpad being just a pinch higher on the left.

I'm also having issues with my space bar - sometimes it just doesn't respond. I type pretty fast and find a lot more missing spaces then with my Tour.
    05-19-10 09:06 AM
    I plan on getting my 9650 this weekend when released in the retail stores. I currently have the Tour but before that had the 9700 on T-mo. If you run a search on the 9700 forums you will see a slew of complaints about the leaning trackpad issue. I do not think it can be resolved based on the design. I noticed the same thing with my 9700 but then honestly just forgot about it. One member took apart his phone to see the inner workings of the trackpad and found that by design the pad is supposed to "float" and so will never be truly level. I think I obsessed about it for a day then just moved on but I completely understand the OCD when it comes to build quality. A loose battery door is a definite no go for me.
    05-19-10 09:14 AM
    I've also noticed the trackpad being just a pinch higher on the left.

I'm also having issues with my space bar - sometimes it just doesn't respond. I type pretty fast and find a lot more missing spaces then with my Tour.
    The trackpad really does look a little crooked in some of the photos.
    I had some difficulty using the space bar on a borrowed Bold 9700 compared to my Tour 9630 which has a slightly larger space bar, but I had more trouble getting used to the trackpad, however I am sure that you would get used to it eventually.
    05-19-10 11:35 AM
    My only complaint is charging location and opera mini

Opera is very jumpy unusable, not sure if it is because of trackpad???
    05-19-10 11:56 AM
    my track pad is slanted to the right making the left side higher, I didn't notice until others mentioned it though
    05-19-10 12:00 PM
274 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD