Can't install Paypal from Appworld... says "not compatible with your device or with your carrier"

Is this a 9650 thing? Or simply a result of upgrading to the leaked .692?
    05-22-10 12:05 PM
    Can't install Paypal from Appworld... says "not compatible with your device or with your carrier"

Is this a 9650 thing? Or simply a result of upgrading to the leaked .692?
    Ugh. Looks like you just lost a cylinder! I was about to give the leak a go, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 12:12 PM
    i tried with both os and same problem with both wierd. i wonder what is telling these apps to not work
    05-22-10 12:40 PM
    Found an issue... very very minor...

With MeterBerry...

Total memory: 256.0 MB
    Free memory: 316.0 MB

(more free than total )

Looks like MeterBerry doesn't believe the 512 MB...
    05-22-10 01:54 PM

With MeterBerry...

(more free than total )

Hey Canuck, can you post a screen shot of that? Thanks!
    05-22-10 02:17 PM
    despite having a 9700 right now - and a late build, pretty flawless one at that... i'm jumping ship as I can't stand T-Mo anymore (their data speeds truly suck in my area...)... So with any luck, will have 9650 tomorrow or Friday (placed online order this am)... I hope I don't have issues... if I do, just an exchange away - under the 30 day trial period (new activation)....

I am on the phone right now. The trackpad is higher. Functions on par with the tour on a lot of things. Have had somw lag issues on programs and one strange issue with pandora. I'd call it a solid device.

05-22-10 03:11 PM
    My phone isn't deleting gmail emails at all. Anyone else having this problem?

05-22-10 04:00 PM

With MeterBerry...

(more free than total )

I just noticed the same thing:

Free memory: 277.5 MB (108%), lol
    05-22-10 04:54 PM
    Same thing with MeterBerry on my Bold 9650. I'm now at (121%) 308.8mb. I sent the folks who make it an email about this a few days ago, but have yet to get a response.
    05-22-10 05:02 PM
    Oak Park, one of my favorite towns in IL, Frank Lloyd Wright home and studio location. If you don't like reading the manual or user guide that came with the phone, you can read BlackBerry 101 on CrackBerry.com or similar at BlackBerry.com since the more basic phone functions are the same or very similar on most newer BBs and should be very, very similar to the Tour 9630 for the Bold 9650 for sure. Remember the search feature on here is your friend.
    Thank you. There are a lot of great places here in IL including Oak Park. Actually did everything you suggested before posting but things still not tweeked as I would like. Thats why i posted. Perhaps less (kind) lecturing and simple one/two line respond to the question (assuming you know) would have been more helpful
    05-23-10 07:17 AM
    Thank you. There are a lot of great places here in IL including Oak Park. Actually did everything you suggested before posting but things still not tweeked as I would like. Thats why i posted. Perhaps less (kind) lecturing and simple one/two line respond to the question (assuming you know) would have been more helpful
    Hey can you FedEx me a combo from Johnnie's i sure could use on right about now
    05-23-10 09:51 AM
    Same thing with MeterBerry on my Bold 9650. I'm now at (121%) 308.8mb. I sent the folks who make it an email about this a few days ago, but have yet to get a response.
    probably because the program doesnt read actual memory it just goes on the fact that no blackberries at the time had more than 256.
    05-23-10 10:15 AM
    greetings,

upgraded to new bold from tour. Seems I can't find how to set the phone for ring, email and text to vibrate while in the holster. Works fine out of holster. Reviewed adam's video on setting sound profiles but didn't see it demonstrated. Any help much appreciated!
    appreciate this. could i get worked through this a little more? thanks
    I currently live in Chicago and have a client in Oak Park. Did not give a lecture, just some very friendly help as to where to find your answer which is what you asked for when you stated that you had only 'Reviewed adam's video... Any help much appreciated!'.
    A simple search on CB of the exact question you posted will result in several results that explain how to do what you asked in detail and the same search in Google will also produce several more detailed explanations on this and similar sites. You did not ask for a 'simple one/two line' response, you asked to be 'worked through this a little more' after a simple one/two line answer was given by another helpful poster.
    05-23-10 10:26 AM
    your intentions were honorable..thank you
    05-23-10 10:38 AM
    your intentions were honorable..thank you
    You are quite welcome, only tried to provide help, but sure that you have figured it out by now. Enjoy your new phone!
    05-23-10 10:47 AM
    Anybody else's trackpad seem to sit higher on the left side than the right side? Or is that in my head? I do love this phone so far though....
    Hadn't noticed till you said something, but yea, mine is higher on the left side...
    05-23-10 02:34 PM
    Its probably cause when a right handed operator places their right thumb on the pad the thumb slant matches the pad slant.
    05-23-10 05:47 PM
    Its probably cause when a right handed operator places their right thumb on the pad the thumb slant matches the pad slant.
    Ya, should hire ambidextrous operator, so they can make sue the trackpad isn't tilt

05-23-10 10:52 PM
    Ya know I have seen a lot of explanations for the track pad being just a bit high on the left side. I can't say for sure but, in manufacturing a tightly packaged device the reason may be a constraint under the track pad? When you have to cram 10 pounds into a 5 pound sack something has to bulge. My guess is there is a component under the left side that needed a bit more room? This reminds me of the secret messages heard on vinyl records played backwards

Steve
    05-24-10 12:57 AM
    mine has this trait a bit (top left of track bad a bit higher, bottom right a bit lower)... but after a few days use, it's seemed to have lessened a tiny bit... even out so to speak... still there but a bit less pronounced (at least I think)... it doesn't really bother me anymore... barely notice it
    05-24-10 10:19 AM
    does anyone else's phone get kinda hot? could it be an OS issue?
    05-24-10 10:48 AM
    does anyone else's phone get kinda hot? could it be an OS issue?
    No, it shouldn't do that. If your phone is getting hot, you need to replace your battery ASAP. Sounds like some of the lithium in your battery has separated. That's a really dangerous situation. Get a new battery as soon as you possibly can!

05-24-10 12:32 PM
    No, it shouldn't do that. If your phone is getting hot, you need to replace your battery ASAP. Sounds like some of the lithium in your battery has separated. That's a really dangerous situation. Get a new battery as soon as you possibly can!

it doesnt get hot just laying around tho. it'd be if i am on the phone, or using spring nav or something like that.
    05-24-10 12:36 PM
    it doesnt get hot just laying around tho. it'd be if i am on the phone, or using spring nav or something like that.
    That's still consistent with a bad battery. The next time you notice it get warm, remove the battery cover and the battery and see if the battery is warm to the touch.

05-24-10 12:40 PM
    my battery is running great after a few cycles now... and running .692...

i'm about midday now, and running at 1.1%/hr discharge rate, per MeterBerry...

pretty happy with that... it's at least as good as my 9700 was... maybe a tick better...
    05-24-10 01:22 PM
274 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD