Ok so last week I was having issues receiving emails so i decided to try and resend my service books. when i went to email update wizard it asked me to update i said no then it closed out app. So then i tried yes it updated and my phone was locked and it wouldn't go past the loading screen.
    So i got my phone back to working order later that day.

Now this morning my gf tried to add her email to my bb bc we are going to canada for a week and she doesn't have a world phone so she figured it would be easy. well same thing happened!!!! so in a pinch i grabbed my STORM activated it and went to work.

i brought the BOLD to work and brought it back from the dead. restored everything. activated service. and now i cant get my email back on it tho because it wants me to do the stupid update again. help?
    06-07-11 02:52 PM
    I don't think there is any way around updating BIS when you go into your email settings. It doesn't give you a choice. I was able to proceed after the update and validate my email accounts with no problem. Maybe you could try a reboot after it installs the new BIS?
    06-07-11 03:38 PM
    well it reboots itself and it just freezes at the load up screen with the white bar all the way full. i left it like that for 2 hours before i gave up on it.
    06-07-11 03:42 PM
    Im going to have to try again. thank you
    06-07-11 03:43 PM
    I don't think there is any way around updating BIS when you go into your email settings. It doesn't give you a choice. I was able to proceed after the update and validate my email accounts with no problem. Maybe you could try a reboot after it installs the new BIS?
    Did you get any warnings while you were downloading?

I just tried 3 times and my phone is still a brick.
    06-07-11 04:14 PM
    Do you have your OS on your PC. You might try reloading the OS. I just put King V6 hybrid on mine and so far it is much quicker and I haven't had any random reboots (knock on wood, it has only been 5 hours so far, lol). Hope reloading you OS helps.
    JB
    06-07-11 04:24 PM
    Do you have your OS on your PC. You might try reloading the OS. I just put King V6 hybrid on mine and so far it is much quicker and I haven't had any random reboots (knock on wood, it has only been 5 hours so far, lol). Hope reloading you OS helps.
    JB
    i unfortunately cant do leaked/hybrid os's i have a Mac. So im going to 5.0 and going to see if i can work my way up back to 6.0
    06-07-11 04:27 PM
    i unfortunately cant do leaked/hybrid os's i have a Mac. So im going to 5.0 and going to see if i can work my way up back to 6.0
    Bummer. Well maybe you can borrow a buddy's laptop to manage your OS. Good luck!
    flyadan likes this.
    06-07-11 04:34 PM
    Bummer. Well maybe you can borrow a buddy's laptop to manage your OS. Good luck!
    So after going back to 5.0.975 i set up my email and everything made sure everything was in order for my upgrade back to VZW 6.0 and i backed up everything prior.

Re installed 6.0 and now everything works! I don't understand why it did what it did. But i will NEVER click on email setup again!!!

thank you for your help
    06-07-11 06:40 PM
    Mine is experiencing this problem as well. I guess I'll try starting back at 5 like flyadan. I have to say none of the software updates I have done on mine or my wife's 9650 have gone particularly well. I am seriously regretting not going to Droid this time around.
    06-08-11 06:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD