I'm curious to find out if anyone has been successful in tethering their 9650 with an iPad.

My wife wants one, but I don't want to get the 3G version and get locked in to another carrier.
    06-22-10 04:18 PM
    Doesn't seem like this would be possible as the ipad doesnt have usb ports and i don't think it supports tethering via bluetooth. best bet is to probably get the wifi version and just get a mifi.
    06-22-10 04:25 PM
    from what i was told at best buy, its 30$ a month for unlimited and its pay as you go, no contract. pay for the months that you use
    06-22-10 04:37 PM
    30$ month unlimited no longer exists.

it can be done if you jailbreak the ipad, and connect via bluetooth tether
    06-22-10 04:50 PM
    Doesn't seem like this would be possible as the ipad doesnt have usb ports and i don't think it supports tethering via bluetooth. best bet is to probably get the wifi version and just get a mifi.
    Thanks! I might go this route as we also have a netbook through Verizon, and replace that with a mifi.
    06-22-10 04:56 PM
    30$ month unlimited no longer exists.

it can be done if you jailbreak the ipad, and connect via bluetooth tether
    Thanks! Besides going the mifi with the wifi iPad route, I may consider too.
    06-22-10 04:59 PM
    06-22-10 05:12 PM
    Well that sucks. That was one of the reasons I was liking it. What did they leave us as choices?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 07:22 PM
    Well that sucks. That was one of the reasons I was liking it. What did they leave us as choices?

Apparently the age of unlimited data plans will soon come to an end if not already.
    06-23-10 12:55 AM
    Your best combo on this would be a rooted Droid and iPad. The one thing that I did enjoy during my 3 day Droid experience was the ability to turn the phone into a WiFi Hotspot. And the app was free. Unlike the $50 gimmick for BB.

06-23-10 01:35 AM
    Your best combo on this would be a rooted Droid and iPad. The one thing that I did enjoy during my 3 day Droid experience was the ability to turn the phone into a WiFi Hotspot. And the app was free. Unlike the $50 gimmick for BB.

Thanks for the tip! Will keep that in mind. If I were to get a Droid Incredible as a 2nd phone, would I be root that phone as well?
    06-23-10 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD