so i bought a bold and the trackball was broken so i bought a new one for it and i works find but it was a problem with the clicks sometimes registering and it double clicks alot. when the guy was putting in the new trackball he asked me if this phone had been water damaged and i didnt know so im wondering if i put my davice in rice will it fix the problem? how would i go about doing this? do i take the battery out and back cover and leave it in rice? i hope it doesnt scratch my bold and do i need to take it apart?
    06-15-10 08:22 PM
    can anyone answer??
    06-16-10 07:39 PM
    At this point, the damage is already done sadly. The rice trick would need to happen right after the device is damaged by the water.

You can try to take it apart, but at this point I see no benefit. Sadly there isnt much you can do, except you can use the enter key to do the same as the clicking of the trackball, just takes a little to get used to.
    06-16-10 07:42 PM
    I believe what '' drm2blv '' has stated is correct. However, you could have a look at the link at my signature and try what he suggests.

But I guess it is too late :'(
    06-16-10 07:53 PM
    thanks for the replies. think its posible to replace or clean the sensor under the trackball? because i know its not the trackball cuz its brand new. also i heard this was a common problems with bolds but sadly mine has no warrenty
    06-16-10 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD