I got an iPod, a Bold, no need to get this iCrap. Corporate Greed is the real deal here. They are holding back the true capabilities that Apple has, but just releasing them in increments to find suckers to buy the so called "newest technology" when in reality, the true technology was built 2-3 years ago, and they just improve here and there, rather than releasing it all at one time. Total scam.
    06-09-09 06:35 PM
    I got an iPod, a Bold, no need to get this iCrap. Corporate Greed is the real deal here. They are holding back the true capabilities that Apple has, but just releasing them in increments to find suckers to buy the so called "newest technology" when in reality, the true technology was built 2-3 years ago, and they just improve here and there, rather than releasing it all at one time. Total scam.
    Best post so far.
    06-09-09 06:56 PM
    I see a **** of a lot of iPhone 3g owners saying the 3gs offers little incentive to upgrade (top that off with other people upgrading "just because" they want the latest handset)...

So I don't think any convincing needs to be done in any direction. Feel free to call them picky or delusional, but that seems like a nice cop-out argument.

Would I have been open to getting a 3gs myself? Yes. I'm in the market for a new handset right now. But it's not gonna happen now... I was more hyped about the 3gs before the announcement than after. That is backwards. Not trying to get anyone to agree with me, it just is what it is.
    Last edited by papped; 06-09-09 at 07:03 PM.
    06-09-09 06:58 PM
    I love the design of my bold and wouldn't change it for nothing. I do wish though rim would work on their OS. if there one thing I miss from my 3G iphone its the UI, I mean everything work so smooth n flawlessy, not to mention everything u do on an iphone looks so much nicer, wether it be texting thru the threaded sms, breezing though pictures or just going through contacts. I'll stick with my BOLD though, can't wait to black-it out. Yeah yeah I know I'm late and everyones doing it but so what, imma murda mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 07:07 PM
    Corporate greed? Are you serious? They can release whatever they want to release whenever they want - they don't owe anybody anything...

06-09-09 07:09 PM
    I actually like the 4.6+ UI. It's simple, doesn't look bad and works quite well. It needs tweaks in responsiveness and some usability bugs and modification though...

For the love of everything I don't want every UI in existence to look like the iPhone, that's just lame... The Pre practically has the exact same look to it...
    06-09-09 07:10 PM
    Duvi you serious?...you are actually trying to come up with an explanation for a compass on the Iphone? LOL

on a serious note, the new bold does offer full HTML, the new web browser is awesome as well.

and you are telling me the battery wont die on the Iphone 3G? i know thats BS alone considering the battery died on my Touch 5 months after i brought it! so yes i DO THINK its very important for the user to be able to replace the battery on their own. same deal with the memory card...

A friend of mine works for Apple, do you know what he told me his "best seller" is? is replacing Iphone batteries...i kid you not, he makes 3 grand in 2 days replacing peoples batteries. So again, yes, i do believe a replaceable battery is much needed..and is a decision maker for me as well, amongst other things.

but whatever....you have a Bold?, i personally have dealt with the old Iphone 3G, and i think its great for kids, soccer moms and people who geek out on games, but come on man...a compass? seriously LMAO

Duvi, BB actually makes it ***** proof to copy and past, select "select" scroll over the info you want to copy...then hit "copy" then when you want to paste the info, just click paste...i thought that to be just as easy as my home PC..

but seriously, i think they are both great devices, but i cant stand a touch screen, and i cant stand to type on the Iphone as well during email and text, its nice, but not for me.
    Last edited by jesse101; 06-09-09 at 07:55 PM.
    06-09-09 07:27 PM
    32GB is a lot. Go get that 32GB card from bestbuy... oh never mind, can't. Want to go online for it? Might as well go by another iPhone @ $99.

well if you are able to remove your memory cards, then you can simply just buy 8GB memory cards for 8.99 at new egg or amazon if you are that hard up on saving money....and yes...the user CAN replace them if need be and update to a 16GB if they want to as well if they are worried about spending money on a 32GB memory card.

if battery goes bad with Iphone----send it in to apple for repairs and wait a few weeks to get your phone back

If user wants to upgrade from 16GB-----User must buy a new phone

yea seems real logical LOL
    06-09-09 07:53 PM
    Best post so far.
    I TOTALLY agree. In the end, we assume Apple has the capabilities to release an iPhone with an 8mp camera, slide-out qwerty etc etc. but they don't... (If they don't have these capabilities, then what are they doing in the phone market...) Companies (all, not just apple) need to start listening to what the consumer wants, not what their design team thinks will look good.
    06-09-09 08:23 PM
    Corporate greed? Are you serious? They can release whatever they want to release whenever they want - they don't owe anybody anything...

you obviously don't know how the market works.

If Apple was to do it right, they would do it as they did with thier OSX platform and just kill the competition. They have so far, but they are just teasing. Again, corporate greed. Just my two cents.
    06-09-09 08:35 PM
    What are you talking about. I'm sure it was "hardware limitations" that prevented a LED (let alone a xenon flash) from being included =P
    06-09-09 08:42 PM
    :laughing

06-09-09 08:42 PM
    I TOTALLY agree. In the end, we assume Apple has the capabilities to release an iPhone with an 8mp camera, slide-out qwerty etc etc. but they don't... (If they don't have these capabilities, then what are they doing in the phone market...) Companies (all, not just apple) need to start listening to what the consumer wants, not what their design team thinks will look good.
    Like to you said, every single cell phone company can pretty much make the "perfect" phone, but you'll never see that happen, ever. 1) Everyone has different wants/needs, especially when it comes to what they're willing to pay for. Unless cell phone companies catered to every consumer individually, you'll never get the perfect phone. And 2) just because a company CAN do it, doesn't meant they will. I'm sure Apple/RIM/Nokia could ask every single one of their consumers what they want in a phone, and make that exact phone. But there's no way they'd be able to sustain a successful business that way. In the end, it's about maximizing profits, and that means maximizing revenues while minimizing costs.
    06-09-09 10:35 PM
    Phones are like Burgers. Many analogies to come after these messages.
    06-09-09 10:51 PM
    Biggest problem with iPhone in general is the *phone* part. Instead of "iPhone", it should be called an iPodTouchNanoCameraBrowserAppLookatMeThingie. The phone is an afterthought, as (it seems) is up-to-date messaging capabilities. Just go back and look at all the comments on all the threads about iPhone and see how many fanboys talk about the "incredible communications capabilities", i.e. phone, e-mail, and messaging. Seriously...almost nothing.

Hey, it's an awesome device...no one could reasonably argue against that. It's just not an awesome *communication* device, imho.
    06-09-09 11:03 PM
    Keyboard - keyboard - keyboard.

I cannot do the on screen keyboard thing. My wife has the iPhone3G - I love playing games on it, but for real work (email) it cannot compete with the Bold.

Trackballs rule!
    Complete ditto.

The Bold is orientated for power users as many have mentioned before hand, so the full physical keyboard was what got me sold to it. I honestly can't stand using touch keyboards because they (as they were designed as) aren't real! To date even though I am an emailing guru I find that I am hard pressed to be beaten by my iPhone power friends in terms of texting and emailing.

Bottom line though: the iPhone is in fact trumping the Bold completely in one simple aspect... It is structurally SOLID, it has NO moving parts whatsoever therefore garunteed to last a pinch long than the Bold on any given circumstance.

Other than that Bold FTW! (I've dropped mine w/ silicone case + screen shield about 10 times... Perfect condition still.)

06-09-09 11:08 PM
    I have no idea why you would want to upgrade from 3GS from a 3G. Seems like a waste. I have to disagree with you.I'v had 2g and 3g and I'v been using Macs since 1996. With my bold, I have never lost quality with MMS, voice command works fine with vlingo, I can copy and paste in my browser and it sucks on the iPhone 3g when you copy and paste(I had 3.0 beta), I never took a picture with any of my phones cameras in my life so I can't comment on that. For me, I would never in my life go back to an iPhone 3g. About to sell mine on ebay in fact because I never use it(no slingplayer 3g?, No Mass Storage Support?, no turn by turn GPS on 3g?). Sorry, but I have to disagree. iPhone to me would be a huge downgrade at this point. But you're right, to each their own.
    The points I made were the reasons.

You can copy and paste in your browser... alright. Do me a favor. Go to Google.com and then click images. Now type in "BlackBerry Bold" and then copy the middle row of Berries (under the Bold guy, forget his name). Now go into email and past it. Take a screen shot and put it up in this thread.
    06-10-09 01:45 AM
    If I knew how to take a screen shot, (as I asked in previous threds) I would copy and paste this entire discussion in a email....

Like I said earlier, just go by the test you want to copy, click select, scroll over the text you want, click copy and paste it wherever you want. I just did it with your post...and I did it with googling. Now if you want to copy and paste an image, at that point you just have to scroll onto the image, save your image then send it where ever you feel fit...

I'm sure you already know these things, but I don't get what you are saying exactly? I don't see the problem....unless I am missing something.

06-10-09 01:56 AM
    well if you are able to remove your memory cards, then you can simply just buy 8GB memory cards for 8.99 at new egg or amazon if you are that hard up on saving money....and yes...the user CAN replace them if need be and update to a 16GB if they want to as well if they are worried about spending money on a 32GB memory card.

if battery goes bad with Iphone----send it in to apple for repairs and wait a few weeks to get your phone back

If user wants to upgrade from 16GB-----User must buy a new phone

yea seems real logical LOL
    Memory

You want me to buy 4 8gbs? Then switch them out? Do I also have to carry all four of these cards? Where do I carry them?

Speaking of memory, do you remember this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/all...5/#post1239735

Never had a memory loss issue with my iPhone... that's one of the positives my iPhone has. Why as a user do you have to worry about memory loss or how many or what applications I have installed? What happens when your memory card goes corrupt? Or how about recording a video and run out of space? Everytime I plug my iPhone to my PC at night, all my pictures get synced, my applications (with the saved data from the apps) get backed up. I'm not able to do that on my Bold.

Battery

If your battery goes out, you go buy one? Sorry, I rather have it for free.

Why am I waiting for repairs? I can go to any apple store and switch out my device. Heck, after one year, my iPhone will still be under warranty.
    06-10-09 02:11 AM
    The points I made were the reasons.

You can copy and paste in your browser... alright. Do me a favor. Go to Google.com and then click images. Now type in "BlackBerry Bold" and then copy the middle row of Berries (under the Bold guy, forget his name). Now go into email and past it. Take a screen shot and put it up in this thread.
    Iv seen the video. That copy and paste is pretty cool you know ill agree. But how many times you going to use it. I never use copy and paste on my phone haha. That maybe just me. I think the novalty will wear off after a few months.

Although i told my girlfriend who has my old Iphone. If i didnt love my bold this much id of changed back.

Last thing. It dissapointed me how you still cant edit the GUI i mean themes etc, surly with all the jailbraking material winterboard etc. Apple should of known. (Just little things that change my views on phones, like your copy and paste ). Also the non-change in the shape, design. I was expecting a nice brushed metal case or something. You know. Like my girlfriend says, she wanted to stand out with her new 3Gs and she wont.

Just my input
    06-10-09 02:13 AM
    Might as well rename crackberry to crackiphone or crackpre these days...

So much for the Bold forum being better than the rest of crackberry too =P

06-10-09 02:15 AM
    If I knew how to take a screen shot, (as I asked in previous threds) I would copy and paste this entire discussion in a email....

Like I said earlier, just go by the test you want to copy, click select, scroll over the text you want, click copy and paste it wherever you want. I just did it with your post...and I did it with googling. Now if you want to copy and paste an image, at that point you just have to scroll onto the image, save your image then send it where ever you feel fit...

I'm sure you already know these things, but I don't get what you are saying exactly? I don't see the problem....unless I am missing something.

My problem is that it isn't true HTML. I can copy multiple images from google and then paste them in email. You have to save them and then send them (one by one) as an attachment. Which also brings another point on how time consuming that would be. I can copy 10 pictures + words in about 4 seconds and then paste them right into the email. You have to save each out the pictures, then copy the words and then attach each picture one by one. End result, what you see on Google is on my email. For you, have have the elements, just not the same way it's seen on that page and takes a longer time.
    06-10-09 02:17 AM
    Memory

You want me to buy 4 8gbs? Then switch them out? Do I also have to carry all four of these cards? Where do I carry them?

Speaking of memory, do you remember this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/all...5/#post1239735

Never had a memory loss issue with my iPhone... that's one of the positives my iPhone has. Why as a user do you have to worry about memory loss or how many or what applications I have installed? What happens when your memory card goes corrupt? Or how about recording a video and run out of space? Everytime I plug my iPhone to my PC at night, all my pictures get synced, my applications (with the saved data from the apps) get backed up. I'm not able to do that on my Bold.

Battery

If your battery goes out, you go buy one? Sorry, I rather have it for free.

Why am I waiting for repairs? I can go to any apple store and switch out my device. Heck, after one year, my iPhone will still be under warranty.
    How many computers can you sync you iphone too without losing the music previously installed on another computer ?

Dont get me wrong. Im not bias. Iphones are amazing devices. Why would you get a memory loss issue, if apple wont let 3rd party apps run in the backgruond
    06-10-09 02:18 AM
    Iv seen the video. That copy and paste is pretty cool you know ill agree. But how many times you going to use it. I never use copy and paste on my phone haha. That maybe just me. I think the novalty will wear off after a few months.

Although i told my girlfriend who has my old Iphone. If i didnt love my bold this much id of changed back.

Last thing. It dissapointed me how you still cant edit the GUI i mean themes etc, surly with all the jailbraking material winterboard etc. Apple should of known. (Just little things that change my views on phones, like your copy and paste ). Also the non-change in the shape, design. I was expecting a nice brushed metal case or something. You know. Like my girlfriend says, she wanted to stand out with her new 3Gs and she wont.

Just my input
    I promise I was one of those "I never copy and paste" guys. Now it's like clockwork as it's so easy with the iPhone. I copy and paste with ease. That made the difference for me. Copying pictures and then pasting them right into email is awesome. Being able to paste the same pictures (regardless if it's 1, 10 or 20 or them) into MMS is even more spectacular.

RIM needs to step their game up... my 0.02 cents.

P.S. Apple isn't the best by any means either, just hate to see my favorite company sit on their behinds and try to ride the wave. Too bad they're in the middle of the ocean and a tidal wave is coming. They have a chance to get to safety, but they need to start now.
    06-10-09 02:23 AM
    What are you talking about devi? That was with my CURVE...which was the OLD 8300 LOL I highly doubt I wil have that issue with my bold considering it has a TON more room and so on..so again, that's not an issue.

Your phone under warranty after a year? You had to pay for that as well devi, 49 dollars I believe, or even more from what I have been hearing...so I sure as **** HOPE they will replace your 19 dollar battery for the cost of the protection plan LOL

And no...no need to bring all 4 8GB memory cards...I am currently using an 8GB memory card, currently have 6 movies, a ton of songs and a whole lot of pictures and still have room...with the Itouch, I was only able to hold 2 movies with all my songs and pics...so I do think you will need a ton more room considering.

At any rate, I paid ZERO DOLLARS for this phone, got it for free, unlike the Iphone to where I would have to pay 200 at the very least....

I'm sorry man, but you cannot convince me otherwise on the Iphone, I have an Itouch already, why would I need to buy another? LOL

06-10-09 02:25 AM
159 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD