i thought i would start it now, but looking at some reviews and reading up on some specs for the I-phone 3GS, the bold might still be the reigning champ!

they hardly improved on much of anything, what they did improve on is the infamous copy and paste features, and yes, MMS text messaging. they also installed a 3 mega pixle camera...and video recording/editing (not exactly a video editor software, but simply edit length of video)

they instilled a few features the bold already has, but they failed to install some of the more important features, like a removable battery and SD card,,,

they have a 32GB 3GS phone, but the bold has 32GB capabilities at the cost of a 32GB SD memory card, but what sells it at this point is that it is simply removable.... why wont Apple incorporate such feature? this is like the easiest change to make considering its not too cost effective.

Im sure all the I-phone geekers will still buy this phone, but for whatever reason i dont know. If i currently had an I-phone 3G, i wouldnt even bother, i would probably save the money and purchase a decent digital camera for 150 dollars and call it good. cause they probably got use to not texting anybody, and they are probably already use to crappy email capabilities.

there i said it first, my bold will kick the new I-phones ***!!!!! bring it bitches. lol
    06-09-09 12:24 AM
    I have the current 3G and the bold. I really dont think there is enough reason to even get the new one unless I find a ridiculous deal on it.

Its merely an update and not an upgrade. They did update the camera, the processor, the battery, and the memory, but thats about it.
    06-09-09 01:18 AM
    yea thats all i see as well, nothing revolutionary as everybody was assuming. they had to update the new processor, which was causing a lot of glitching issues on the browser. (i experience the same ordeal with my Touch using Wifi)

They also had to upgrade their battery, and for good reason considering the average user couldnt replace the battery on their own.
    06-09-09 02:12 AM
    Ya they released the same phone like 3 times now....
    06-09-09 02:13 AM
    My mom heard about the new iPhone and was like, "well maybe I should look into getting one" then I showed her what exactly it offered over just a 3g with 3.0 OS, and she really saw no point in the upgrade, and she's not a techie at all.

But then again, if they rereleased the bold with a better camera, faster processor, and more memory, I'd be all over it, but I'm more of a power user than she is.

Also I'm a little biased... But I do love my Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 02:25 AM
    To some people its not whats on the inside. Its the crazy and GUI.

My GF for example. I gave her my iphone 3g and she blooming loves it. Asked her if she would ever swap. Nah not a chance. Unlike me i got board of being in with the crowd for say, and changed to a BB. Not one of my mates have a BB. I dont know anyone on BBM lol.

To the main OP. Why would they want to incorperate a feature to change the Memory? If you could you wouldnt be able to install all those apps would you, since it runs like a Hdd.

Only a thought.
    06-09-09 02:29 AM
    To some people its not whats on the inside. Its the crazy and GUI.

My GF for example. I gave her my iphone 3g and she blooming loves it. Asked her if she would ever swap. Nah not a chance. Unlike me i got board of being in with the crowd for say, and changed to a BB. Not one of my mates have a BB. I dont know anyone on BBM lol.

To the main OP. Why would they want to incorperate a feature to change the Memory? If you could you wouldnt be able to install all those apps would you, since it runs like a Hdd.

Only a thought.
    I would have to say the same thing, pretty much everyone I work with has an iPhone, and i didnt wanna be "that guy", I need a physical keyboard to type so meh, i dont think ill be getting the 3gs.
    06-09-09 02:56 AM
    Its probably more on using existing parts or redesigning existing ones as costs of production will soar to redesign everything. Same principle with car manufacturers.

06-09-09 03:08 AM
    um...posting this in a bb forum i can understand. lol, opinions will be skewed. But i owned the 3g until this month when i switched to the bold. the iphone is an awesome phone, and the 3gS is what I wish i had bought last summer. but to upgrade at the prices att is asking. its not worth it. ima be using my bold unitl next summer, when the 4th gen iphone comes out.
    you either like touch screens or you dont (iphone dominates with it's smoothe and intuitive touch screen UI), honestly if you like touch screen phones, you know what i'm talking about, htc, lg, samsung touch screens are all garbage. and then i believe the bold is the best open face qwerty keyboard smartphone out there right now. its just phone design preference.
    btw, the non removable battery, its a design issue, besides, its freakn apple, they dont want any third party batteries being made, its just the way they run. and the iphone HD is by far a better memory system than an SD card system where the load speed will depend on the class of the SDHC card. pound for pound, an internal hd>external hd. not to mention a 32gig class 6 sdhd card will run upwards of $100 at this time. common now.
    with all that said, i woud'nt compare a multimedia monster to an equally advanced but business oriented smartphone. the two phones are top of the line in their own respects. just my opinion. peace.
    Last edited by trixnrice; 06-09-09 at 03:50 AM.
    06-09-09 03:43 AM
    I would note that they finally enabled push notifications but they still don't have have multitasking.

06-09-09 03:45 AM
    Gotta say though. Hands down to apple for noticing changes that needs to be made and adding them to the 3Gs.

Ill put my flame proof man thong on right now; I love the editing video on the handset itself.
    06-09-09 03:47 AM
    it sucks though how iphone users will be without mms until late summer/early fall. att fail.
    06-09-09 03:58 AM
    it sucks though how iphone users will be without mms until late summer/early fall. att fail.
    Hmm. Are you sure ?

I dunno about america but in UK its released next week, and with it being apple i assumed america would of had it earlier.

The 3Gs comes with MMS. So your post confuses me lol.
    06-09-09 04:07 AM
    Hmm. Are you sure ?

I dunno about america but in UK its released next week, and with it being apple i assumed america would of had it earlier.

The 3Gs comes with MMS. So your post confuses me lol.
    3.0 comes with MMS enabled, unfortunately AT&T has decided to block it until later this summer. Too bad I've had MMS running on my 3G since last October.
    06-09-09 04:31 AM
    I have the current 3G and the bold. I really dont think there is enough reason to even get the new one unless I find a ridiculous deal on it.

Its merely an update and not an upgrade. They did update the camera, the processor, the battery, and the memory, but thats about it.
    That's about it? Considering the hardware revisions, software update, and lower costs, how much more can you ask for? I think the iPhone hating is getting a little out of hand.
    Last edited by gbadude; 06-09-09 at 05:03 AM.
    06-09-09 04:57 AM
    It was a toss up between the Bold and iphone earlier this year and the only thing iphone had was the music side of things and itunes. TBH if I hadn't found the info about the media sync I probably would've gone with the iphone. I love my BB and what I can do with it and still am amazed by what I can do with it. I talked myself round the fact I could cope without cut and paste and MMS and video but I use all of them extensively on my Bold. I didn't realise till after also there is no multitasking with the iphone a big no-no... Saying that my wife would love one and now that the 3g has been reduced in anticipation for the 3gs... hmmm... plus with os 3.0 bringing in mms, cut and paste etc. I think she'll be able to live with it
    06-09-09 05:19 AM
    That's about it? Considering the hardware revisions, software update, and lower costs, how much more can you ask for? I think the iPhone hating is getting a little out of hand.
    Amen.

If this is what was released two years ago I'm a firm believer I'd have an iPhone in my pocket and not a 'berry.
    06-09-09 08:11 AM
    I've just installed the latest GM 3.0 on two iPhones - 2g and a 3g - and it's quite a slick operating system.

Having had a terrible experience with the Blackberry Storm I switched to a Bold which has been great but the new 3GS will be tempting me back next week as some things don't work with the 3G or earlier models - video, compass etc.
    06-09-09 08:56 AM
    Keyboard - keyboard - keyboard.

I cannot do the on screen keyboard thing. My wife has the iPhone3G - I love playing games on it, but for real work (email) it cannot compete with the Bold.

Trackballs rule!
    06-09-09 10:49 AM
    Keyboard - keyboard - keyboard.

I cannot do the on screen keyboard thing. My wife has the iPhone3G - I love playing games on it, but for real work (email) it cannot compete with the Bold.

Trackballs rule!
    This I can't argue against. I LOVE my BB keyboard.
    06-09-09 11:05 AM
    Here is my issue with the Bold: video playback of movies. I have spent hours reading and tinkering with settings and even tried the alternate player. Videos are easily converted and work wonderful on my iPod classic and my touch. The truth is, streaming videos to my touch using orb works better than me manually loading converted videos onto my bold. Once this works well, I'll be completely satisfied with my decision!
    06-09-09 11:21 AM
    I don't think they really did that great of a job enticing people to leave their current smartphones and switch to the 3gs... The value for existing 3g owners to upgrade is far, far less.

So if you didn't plan on switching from the Bold to the iPhone for the 3g, I don't see this being much different.
    06-09-09 12:23 PM
    I switched to the bold from the 3G since I am a power user when It comes to business, but part of my business is media, lol. So long story short, the 3Gs offers nothing good enough for me to leave the bold and I continue to use my iphone 3G as an iTouch 3G, lol.

06-09-09 12:34 PM

I also have the current gen iPhone 3G and a Bold, and think that if you already have an iPhone 3G, you should not upgrade because it's not worth it. If you are new to the iPhone, then I would say go for the 3GS. To the OP, I'd suggest sticking with your Bold for now. It has most of the features of the 3GS already, and third-party programs that are freely avaliable can fix up the rest.
    06-09-09 12:46 PM
    If the iphone had a pullout keyboard like the pre, it would be in my pocket. It is the best touchcreen phone I have owned but I need a physical kb
    06-09-09 01:29 PM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD